Terminator Genisys??

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 6:22:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Anybody seen it yet?

I saw last night with a girlfriend. I though it was pretty good, overall. Special effects and CGI off the hook, of course. Arnie was his awesome self, even though he is getting a bit long in the tooth. ("I am old, but not obsolete.") LOL.

But they tossed in a bit too much convoluted sub-plots. Especially with the whole time travel thing. And the final act was a bit messy--over the top.

Also, what's up with the little girl who played Sarah Connor? Really? She looked like she should be playing high school softball or something. Hollywood's insistence on trying to curry favor with the zit-cream set by casting little girls who weight 120 pounds as big bad action heroes is getting very tiresome.

What did you think about the movie?

Overall...out of 10 points I give it a 6.5.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 8:18:25 PM
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't seem to think it was that good. http://www.rottentomatoes.com...
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:02:39 PM
At 7/4/2015 8:18:25 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't seem to think it was that good. http://www.rottentomatoes.com...

Yeah..I read that.

29%. Ouch.

I was heartened to see that several other critics also though Clark being cast as Sarah Connor was ludicrous. One of them said: "She made it seem like "Teen Beach Terminator." LOL. A little girl playing grown-up in a high school play."

LOL
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:13:22 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:02:39 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Yeah..I read that.

29%. Ouch.

I was heartened to see that several other critics also though Clark being cast as Sarah Connor was ludicrous. One of them said: "She made it seem like "Teen Beach Terminator." LOL. A little girl playing grown-up in a high school play."

LOL

Lol, Teen Beach Terminator. I love that
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:44:25 AM
At 7/5/2015 5:02:39 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Yeah..I read that.

29%. Ouch.

LOL

LOL it just went down to 27%.
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:45:26 PM
At 7/4/2015 6:22:04 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Anybody seen it yet?

I saw last night with a girlfriend. I though it was pretty good, overall. Special effects and CGI off the hook, of course. Arnie was his awesome self, even though he is getting a bit long in the tooth. ("I am old, but not obsolete.") LOL.

But they tossed in a bit too much convoluted sub-plots. Especially with the whole time travel thing. And the final act was a bit messy--over the top.

Also, what's up with the little girl who played Sarah Connor? Really? She looked like she should be playing high school softball or something. Hollywood's insistence on trying to curry favor with the zit-cream set by casting little girls who weight 120 pounds as big bad action heroes is getting very tiresome.

I liked it. But I didn't like how they made john the villan and messed with the time. It was better the way it was.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:50:00 PM
At 7/8/2015 8:45:26 PM, Dilara wrote:
Anybody seen it yet?

I liked it. But I didn't like how they made john the villan and messed with the time. It was better the way it was.

I agree. The whole new sub-plot did not add anything better to the original. It just made it more convoluted.

And, again, that little girl who played Sarah Connor pretty much ruined it for me from the gitgo. I almost walked out when she first came on screen. I never liked her in GOT--my least favorite character in the series--and here she is in Genisys! LOL.
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 9:52:39 PM
At 7/8/2015 8:50:00 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Anybody seen it yet?

I agree. The whole new sub-plot did not add anything better to the original. It just made it more convoluted.

And, again, that little girl who played Sarah Connor pretty much ruined it for me from the gitgo. I almost walked out when she first came on screen. I never liked her in GOT--my least favorite character in the series--and here she is in Genisys! LOL.

Hmm I though emilia did pretty good. She does look like Linda Hamilton. I didn't like Sarah's personally in this one. Much different than before. And so what happened? They made it so the war with the machines didn't happen?. Confusing.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 10:00:59 PM
At 7/9/2015 9:52:39 PM, Dilara wrote:
At 7/8/2015 8:50:00 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Anybody seen it yet?

Hmm I though emilia did pretty good. She does look like Linda Hamilton. I didn't like Sarah's personally in this one. Much different than before. And so what happened? They made it so the war with the machines didn't happen?. Confusing.

Of course you thought she was good--you are of the demographic the movie producers were pandering to when they cast her--as I said in my OP! LOL