Mindless Self Indulgence

xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 2:11:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Best live performance IMO

no 3rd one is not a slideshow, just go to 2:28 if you want to see epic, otherwise watch all the way through and see epic epicness

any other bands you think are amazing live?
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 5:47:20 PM
Just reading the title I knew this was your thread.

Awesome live bands:
Linkin Park
Madina Lake
Anything with Fred Mascherino
Enter Shikari
Chiodos (maybe not without Craig Owens)
A Day to Remember
John Nolan (solo)
And of course...
I Fight Dragons
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 10:06:33 PM
I've seen Rush live. They were incredible (especially considering they have done live performances for about 40 years)
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 3:40:24 PM
Omg Korashk... *shakes head*

Chiodos and the like? REALLY? I just had a cup of coffee with them a few weeks ago when they performed at a (tiny) local cafe, and yeah, they suck. They're nice though but their roadies are tools and their music is complete garbage.

Anyway this is just an abomination lol. I have seen MSI live (back when I was 17 and still naive enough to think they were good... and even then only because my friend was having trouble coming to terms with his sexuality, so he relied on Jimmy Urine's faggy ways to make him feel better lol ) and they are not at all good live compared to other bands I've seen. Just checking out those videos confirms that they actually SUCK. I mean if you're not good in the studio then how can you be good live? Not to mention all the retards jumping around and singing along are the 16 y/o's at shows that make me wanna stab myself.

I'd say the best band I have ever seen live was undoubtedly Massive Attack. Tool also puts on a good show.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 8:59:00 PM
Dropkick Murphys for me.
Finished the show with 40 chicks on stage with no tops on singing "Kiss me, I'm sh1t faced!"
Awesome.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 2:08:15 PM
At 8/21/2010 3:40:24 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Omg Korashk... *shakes head*

Chiodos and the like? REALLY? I just had a cup of coffee with them a few weeks ago when they performed at a (tiny) local cafe, and yeah, they suck. They're nice though but their roadies are tools and their music is complete garbage.

Anyway this is just an abomination lol. I have seen MSI live (back when I was 17 and still naive enough to think they were good... and even then only because my friend was having trouble coming to terms with his sexuality, so he relied on Jimmy Urine's faggy ways to make him feel better lol ) and they are not at all good live compared to other bands I've seen. Just checking out those videos confirms that they actually SUCK. I mean if you're not good in the studio then how can you be good live? Not to mention all the retards jumping around and singing along are the 16 y/o's at shows that make me wanna stab myself.

I'd say the best band I have ever seen live was undoubtedly Massive Attack. Tool also puts on a good show.

Music is subjective and Chiodos when they had Craig Owens were a solid band.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2010 2:40:02 AM
MSI, suck live.

This is from videos though. Can electronica/edited Rock be done live? The answer is no. Euringer's(I will call him by his birth name!) voice fails every few second or so.

They're still a good band though, I bought "You'll Rebel to Anything" and "If".
'sup DDO -- july 2013
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2010 8:38:48 AM
At 8/28/2010 2:40:02 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
MSI, suck live.

This is from videos though. Can electronica/edited Rock be done live? The answer is no. Euringer's(I will call him by his birth name!) voice fails every few second or so.

Umm yes it can be done live... it's called a mix board.. which they happen to use.

And Jimmy's voice does not fail every few seconds.... he has a larger vocal range than most singers and is able to hold it quite well...
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 8:56:01 PM
At 8/28/2010 8:38:48 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
MSI, suck live.

Umm yes it can be done live... it's called a mix board.. which they happen to use.
I know what a mix board is, I mean that the music is not to a high enough quality.

And Jimmy's voice does not fail every few seconds.... he has a larger vocal range than most singers and is able to hold it quite well...
I'll review.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 9:50:18 AM

Matt Bellamy > Jimmy.
Nuff said.

Also, Zet, have you been to a live Techno show??
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 11:40:41 AM
At 8/29/2010 8:56:01 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
MSI, suck live.

I know what a mix board is, I mean that the music is not to a high enough quality.

alot of bands do not sounds as good live. Most sounds are simply polished in the studio.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 11:47:58 AM
Seriously zGod, Enter Shikari *Shakes Head*. Anyway, the following are some good live performances imo.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 11:50:42 AM
At 8/30/2010 11:47:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Seriously zGod, Enter Shikari *Shakes Head*. Anyway, the following are some good live performances imo.

I almost forgot
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 12:00:35 PM
At 8/30/2010 9:58:26 AM, zGodMode wrote:
Some of my favorite live performances:

Why does Chester sound so god damn nasally?
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 7:00:56 PM
At 8/30/2010 12:00:35 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/30/2010 9:58:26 AM, zGodMode wrote:
Some of my favorite live performances:

Why does Chester sound so god damn nasally?

Probably a cold/flu, he used to get sick everytime they toured.

And what's wrong with ES?