Jump to topic:

Halo Reach

Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2010 11:49:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anybody on the board have xbox live, and is getting halo reach? Most of the people here seem to be ps3 enthusiasts, but I thought it might be worth asking.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:09:57 AM
What is Halo Reach anyway? What style of game is it?
(Oh, no I don't have an XBOX360. I become a Sony Fan during the PS2 era. God that was an awesome console... *jizz*)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:13:14 AM
At 9/3/2010 12:09:57 AM, tvellalott wrote:
(Oh, no I don't have an XBOX360. I become a Sony Fan during the PS2 era. God that was an awesome console... *jizz*)

Trust me, I'm also a ps2 fan.

Halo Reach is a first person shooter. I played Halo 3 multiplayer extensively, so I thought I'd do the same for the newest game. It has campaign, multiplayer, custom games, theater mode (rewatch games from any perspective), forge (make levels), forgeworld (make a massive level), firefight (fight hordes of enemies), and... I think thats it.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:14:19 AM

Are you serious? Your console gamers' license is revoked.

*points at door*
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:24:46 AM
At 9/3/2010 12:14:19 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

*points at door*

I never had a license. I'm a PC gamer from WAAAAAAAY back. I dabble with some Sony and Nintendo because they have certain franchises that I like. I bought a Xbox when they were cheap soley to play Doom 3.
Besides, I rate it's awesomeness by the amount of use I got out of it. Mine was my first DVD player as well as console of that generation. You surely can't deny that the PS2 had dozens of top notch games...

Muh threads
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:45:26 AM
At 9/3/2010 12:22:21 AM, badger wrote:
i'm gonna buy an xbox for that game.

Good man. If thats the case, I'd play some games with you over live.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 9:10:56 AM
At 9/3/2010 12:24:46 AM, tvellalott wrote:

*points at door*

I never had a license. I'm a PC gamer from WAAAAAAAY back. I dabble with some Sony and Nintendo because they have certain franchises that I like. I bought a Xbox when they were cheap soley to play Doom 3.

o_O

Besides, I rate it's awesomeness by the amount of use I got out of it. Mine was my first DVD player as well as console of that generation. You surely can't deny that the PS2 had dozens of top notch games...

Nah, I'm a Sony fanboy too - but even I know about halo. :P
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 1:56:36 AM
At 9/3/2010 9:10:56 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/3/2010 12:24:46 AM, tvellalott wrote:

*points at door*

o_O

Nah, I'm a Sony fanboy too - but even I know about halo. :P

When I said 'What is Halo Reach' I meant is it FPS, RPG, RTS... Not what is Halo! D:

Muh threads
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 6:12:54 PM
I'll be playing, but whether or not I'll play with you is completely subjective to how good/smart/chill you are.

^Douchiness I know.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 6:17:16 PM
Halo Reach will be okay but won't be as strong as Halo 3 in multi-player. Even though Halo is known for FPS, I think that this is one of their weakest. But since I last played it, they have made some changes so maybe it's better than I think! :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 6:20:48 PM
At 9/4/2010 6:17:16 PM, annhasle wrote:
Halo Reach will be okay but won't be as strong as Halo 3 in multi-player. Even though Halo is known for FPS, I think that this is one of their weakest. But since I last played it, they have made some changes so maybe it's better than I think! :P

Halo 3 is the worst multi-player wise.
It's weapons are inconsistent.

If you aren't host, even on LAN, you get blood-shots, disappearing grenades and flags, invisible bank shots and double-reloads.

Reach switches back to a single shot rifle in the DMR (single-shot takes more skill than burst) adds reticle bloom (which takes skill to use) and has hit-scan weapons which get rid of blood-shots and invisible bank shots.

tl;dr: Halo: CE > Reach > Halo 2 >>>>> Halo 3
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:02:47 PM
Everyone knows PC FPS is better then Console FPS.
I played a little bit of the original Halo and couldn't be bothered.

Muh threads
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:56:30 PM
At 9/4/2010 6:12:54 PM, zGodMode wrote:
I'll be playing, but whether or not I'll play with you is completely subjective to how good/smart/chill you are.

^Douchiness I know.

I understand. I'm not too bad. I don't like to get in to MLG, though. I just don't enjoy it that much.

http://www.bungie.net...

Halo Reach multiplayer was more entertaining than Halo 3. I played the beta when it was out in May. Reach>halo2>halo3>CE. I dislike the halo1 multiplayer to be honest.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:00:30 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:02:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Everyone knows PC FPS is better then Console FPS.
I played a little bit of the original Halo and couldn't be bothered.

There are few PC FPS games that I credit as good. Counterstike is the one that comes to mind. If an FPS is on both console, and PC, then generally the console version attracts more attention. As a result, it tends to draw in a larger audience.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:08:17 PM
At 9/4/2010 6:17:16 PM, annhasle wrote:

Triple post!

Considering the pro circuit is going to drop halo3 for Reach almost immediately, I would say that Reach multiplayer is going to be stronger. Developers also called reach their "swan song" to the halo series. I think they said this is the last installment. Reach will therefore be played for years and years until people are bored of it, because no halo game will be there to replace it (though I understand other games may steal some audience).

Since the majority of people are moving to Reach, the remaining halo3 players will be left with a small community that will continue to decrease. Though it won't die, it will likely bleed out like halo2 online did.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:31:33 PM
All I'll be playing will be Arena, the MLG playlist and MLG customs, so chances are we wouldn't mesh well.

Of course PC shooters are better, however competitive Halo is where the money is for competitive FPS games and it has a very large fan-base among my friends/MI gamers.

Halo Reach will be the last Bungie Halo, the series is getting handed off to another studio (either 343 or Wingnut Interactive) and will be extended from there. Also, Bungie hired a few members of FASA (the makers of Shadowrun) to help with Reach and it's really obvious once you play it (the grenades, reticle bloom, DMR = Rifle).
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:04:32 PM
At 9/8/2010 8:31:33 PM, zGodMode wrote:
All I'll be playing will be Arena, the MLG playlist and MLG customs, so chances are we wouldn't mesh well.

Nope. Not my deal, there are too many (arrogant) douchebags in competitive play for my liking.

How high up in mlg did you get in the previous game?
— Harry G. Frankfurt
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:32:39 PM
At 9/8/2010 9:04:32 PM, Sobriquet wrote:

Nope. Not my deal, there are too many (arrogant) douchebags in competitive play for my liking.

I've had a 50 at a point, but I quit playing on that account when I quit my team.
(Me and my friend played the game two different ways that were very conflicting)

My main account is rank locked at 46 in MLG, my current alt is at a 44, I'll probably get it to a 48-50 before Reach launches.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:41:48 PM
At 9/8/2010 9:32:39 PM, zGodMode wrote:

I've had a 50 at a point, but I quit playing on that account when I quit my team.
(Me and my friend played the game two different ways that were very conflicting)

My main account is rank locked at 46 in MLG, my current alt is at a 44, I'll probably get it to a 48-50 before Reach launches.

Is that percentile?

Muh threads
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:56:23 PM
At 9/8/2010 9:41:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Is that percentile?

No, its a level system. The max level you can reach in each playlist is 50. He is near the top, but as are a great many. The climb begins again once reach is out. The ranking system may change though.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 10:00:18 PM
How does one 50 differ from another 50? How do you know who the champion is?

Muh threads
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 10:07:27 PM
At 9/8/2010 10:00:18 PM, tvellalott wrote:
How does one 50 differ from another 50? How do you know who the champion is?

50 is just a rank. The only reason it matters is because the game attempts to match you with people of similar level. Champion is decided by who has the best exp-game ratio, best kill/death ratio, who has won the most tournament etc.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 11:12:19 PM
At 9/8/2010 9:56:23 PM, Sobriquet wrote:

Is that percentile?

No, its a level system. The max level you can reach in each playlist is 50. He is near the top, but as are a great many. The climb begins again once reach is out. The ranking system may change though.

The ranking system is officially changing, arena will be the only ranked playlist and it is based off of a formula of Kills, Assists, Deaths and other bits and pieces. From there, there are 4 pools, Onyx, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 11:28:01 AM
At 9/8/2010 11:12:19 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/8/2010 9:56:23 PM, Sobriquet wrote:

Is that percentile?

The ranking system is officially changing, arena will be the only ranked playlist and it is based off of a formula of Kills, Assists, Deaths and other bits and pieces. From there, there are 4 pools, Onyx, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

Reminds me of starcraft 2...
— Harry G. Frankfurt
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 11:34:43 PM
One of the more respectable members of the MLG community, Fragtality, has been playing Reach a lot for the past 10 days and he said that the strafing, bullet registration and overall gameplay is a hell of a lot better than 3 and much better than the beta. It can't come sooner.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 4:29:51 PM
At 9/14/2010 1:59:32 PM, zGodMode wrote:
This game wrecks.
Fvcking amazing!!!

yes...I haven't slept since I got it. I skipped the crowd and went in at 1am when nobody but the employees was left.
— Harry G. Frankfurt