zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 10:14:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 12:19:42 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I use Beats do they count?

I haven't personally used them, they're listed on Head-Fi's rankings, but they don't seem to be used by too many people though. I really want to try the HP with the Beats Sound Card though...
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 10:14:31 PM
Audio-Technica ATHANC7 Noise-cancelling Headphones

Worth the money.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Awed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 9:00:39 PM
I have Beats Studio. The sound quality is amazing, but for the price, it's a huge waste of money. They look cool though.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 9:01:53 PM
At 9/6/2010 2:52:42 PM, tkubok wrote:
Bose noise-cancelling headphone user here.

Bose is...a bit over-priced. Yet, noise-canceling is awesome.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 12:55:19 PM
I've tried so many. I wasn't so impressed with Bose, i am now using Klepsch, they're okay, better than most. I'm pretty demanding, because the music i listen to isn't dependent on the volume or bass but the precise quality of the sound of the instrument. I also listen to them when i'm working out so they need to stay in my ear and put up with some movement.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:28:15 PM
I use headphones to listen to things conveniently when walking. What's the obsession with big chunky earphones? Lrn2 Higher the volume. 100% sound suppression is usually unwanted for me, I dislike being vulnerable to being crept up on.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:32:25 PM
At 9/7/2010 1:28:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I use headphones to listen to things conveniently when walking. What's the obsession with big chunky earphones? Lrn2 Higher the volume. 100% sound suppression is usually unwanted for me, I dislike being vulnerable to being crept up on.

^
;
;
;

This
kfc
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 2:06:03 PM

I use mine (Senn 555's) for gaming. Also the sound quality is much better than say earbuds.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 2:07:21 PM
At 9/7/2010 2:06:03 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

I use mine (Senn 555's) for gaming. Also the sound quality is much better than say earbuds.

A TV speaker system just isn't good enough for you?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:54:42 PM
Low-end headphone user reporting in lol.

I teach DJing, often with quite difficult youngsters and I get through an obscene amount of headphones. I gave up considering anything other than valufor money a long time ago and for the last few years I've buying these £6.99 Numark ones that do the job for teaching.

I do use Sennheisers when making beats, but as I usually get other people to do the final mix for me, and I've got decent monitors, it's not really a big issue for me. I think people (especially DJs) with three-hundred pound pairs of cans are mostly pretentious a-holes.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:56:26 PM
At 9/7/2010 2:07:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

you can't hear footsteps with TV speakers
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:59:22 PM
I love my Skullcandy headphones. Little sub-woofers that crank out the bass like you wouldn't believe... *_*
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:46:19 PM

Well a good TV speaker system:
A) Doesn't sound as good
B) One's that do cost around $15,000+
Headphones are superior in gaming and in music at least my AKG's, are fvcking mindblowing.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:02:38 PM

Some people enjoy higher sound quality. For others, it doesn't make a difference. I've had all sorts of headphones, but noise canceling works great for walks, and the bus. Block out most unwanted noise, and enjoy the music even more.

I'll probably use my audio-technica for gaming too. For me, using headphones while gaming helps me focus and hear (as someone else said) something as little as footsteps.
— Harry G. Frankfurt
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:01:43 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:02:38 PM, Sobriquet wrote:

Some people enjoy higher sound quality. For others, it doesn't make a difference. I've had all sorts of headphones, but noise canceling works great for walks, and the bus. Block out most unwanted noise, and enjoy the music even more.

I'll probably use my audio-technica for gaming too. For me, using headphones while gaming helps me focus and hear (as someone else said) something as little as footsteps.

This is more important then you could ever believe. Even though yes I was one of the people that ragged on zgodmode for NEEDING to hear footsteps..

In MW2 hearing little things is very handy. Such as...

Footsteps
Someone climbing a ladder
Someone shooting
Silenced weapons
tactical insertion
and even something as simple as someone shuffling as they look around (campers)
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 10:01:28 AM
At 9/8/2010 8:01:43 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

This is more important then you could ever believe. Even though yes I was one of the people that ragged on zgodmode for NEEDING to hear footsteps..

In MW2 hearing little things is very handy. Such as...

Footsteps
Someone climbing a ladder
Someone shooting
Silenced weapons
tactical insertion
and even something as simple as someone shuffling as they look around (campers)

Mo'fkin' haters yo.

I can hear everything in MW2 ever.
In Halo the soundstage isn't as nice to let you hear footsteps enough to make a good reaction to them, so you have to listen for smaller things, like people jumping and reloading.