Total Posts:132|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Call Of Duty Black Ops.

MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 9:04:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just want to know who is getting it. I've reserved my copy of the limited edition but will most likely get the prestige edition in November. I have to get Black ops because frankly, I'm just too good at MW2( you can add OneManArmyX26 gamertag if you don't believe me) But who else is getting it? If you don't know about the multiplayer here is an overview http://callofduty.wikia.com...
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 2:00:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 9:04:52 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I just want to know who is getting it. I've reserved my copy of the limited edition but will most likely get the prestige edition in November. I have to get Black ops because frankly, I'm just too good at MW2( you can add OneManArmyX26 gamertag if you don't believe me) But who else is getting it? If you don't know about the multiplayer here is an overview http://callofduty.wikia.com...

Beat Hastro and then you can call yourself too good.
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 4:31:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/14/2010 12:35:19 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
I'm getting it at midnight release (if they have one)

They probably will. I might be working at gamestop within the next week, and at that point I can let you know for sure.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 4:34:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/14/2010 4:32:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I hope they release it on Mac like they did with CoD: MW.

If it ever does, I doubt it will be immediately after the PC release. May be some time.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 8:47:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/14/2010 2:00:07 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/13/2010 9:04:52 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I just want to know who is getting it. I've reserved my copy of the limited edition but will most likely get the prestige edition in November. I have to get Black ops because frankly, I'm just too good at MW2( you can add OneManArmyX26 gamertag if you don't believe me) But who else is getting it? If you don't know about the multiplayer here is an overview http://callofduty.wikia.com...

Beat Hastro and then you can call yourself too good.
First, who's hastro? Second, tell him to bring it. i'm a fcking beast and I show no pity. Again add me if you want proof
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:35:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

I have the same problem with my tv.

I went from playing on about a 34 inch OLD TV in my basement. To playing on a 52 inch newish tv upstairs in my living room... sucks HARD I fail epically on that tv.

But now I play on a 10 inch in my room and do pretty good :D
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:22:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 9:35:08 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
But now I play on a 10 inch in my room and do pretty good :D

Wuuut. That's crazy lol. How do you see anything?!?!

Well in our bedroom we have a 27" TV and it's flat screen but not HD. That's the one I wanna hook up and play on tonight maybe. In the living room we have like a 50" flat screen HD TV and I **suck** I mean I can't even move the controller... I literally get 0 kills and die about 20 times.

Yesterday I got Red Dead Redemption and playing it on the big screen is awesome, except I CAN'T CONTROL ANYTHING. I really suck! Yet Vi played it and she controlled it perfectly fine, so I'm not sure if it's just me or not :/ Later tonight if I hook up the small TV and see if RDD is any easier.

Also, I just realized that RDD has an online play feature. Does anyone have it or has anyone played it?! I haven't checked it out yet; I think I wanna play the game first.
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:26:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
just watched a couple of that hastro fella's videos. i'm fairly confident i'd wreck him :P i don't lose in ffa. tdm isn't really my thing cos i just like to keep running and always end up in the middle of the other team with none of my buddies around to help me. i can adapt pretty well though. marquis (or whatever it is), i'll add you and wreck you :)
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:30:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 10:22:31 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:35:08 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
But now I play on a 10 inch in my room and do pretty good :D

Wuuut. That's crazy lol. How do you see anything?!?!

Well in our bedroom we have a 27" TV and it's flat screen but not HD. That's the one I wanna hook up and play on tonight maybe. In the living room we have like a 50" flat screen HD TV and I **suck** I mean I can't even move the controller... I literally get 0 kills and die about 20 times.

Yesterday I got Red Dead Redemption and playing it on the big screen is awesome, except I CAN'T CONTROL ANYTHING. I really suck! Yet Vi played it and she controlled it perfectly fine, so I'm not sure if it's just me or not :/ Later tonight if I hook up the small TV and see if RDD is any easier.

Also, I just realized that RDD has an online play feature. Does anyone have it or has anyone played it?! I haven't checked it out yet; I think I wanna play the game first.

i tried playing online a few times.. but there was never anyone on to play with. must've sucked pretty bad. i can't say i liked that game too much myself.
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:31:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 10:26:16 AM, badger wrote:
just watched a couple of that hastro fella's videos. i'm fairly confident i'd wreck him :P i don't lose in ffa. tdm isn't really my thing cos i just like to keep running and always end up in the middle of the other team with none of my buddies around to help me. i can adapt pretty well though. marquis (or whatever it is), i'll add you and wreck you :)

I hate FFA. I haven't played this game in so long but when I get it hooked up I'll add Marquis and we can all play :p
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:34:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 10:32:33 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Nvm badger he plays Xbox

loser. you seem like you'd be good at ffa though. you're a runner like me. tdm is for campers like dark.
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:59:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 10:34:11 AM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 10:32:33 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Nvm badger he plays Xbox

loser. you seem like you'd be good at ffa though. you're a runner like me. tdm is for campers like dark.

LOL!

Indeed I do like to run, but it depends on the level. The only time I run is if I'm using UMP-45. If I'm using ACR (my favorite) or another gun then I probably won't. I started running a lot less actually the last time I played, but again it will depend on the level. I will also see what strategy is working best for me during a particular round. I don't run when I Snipe either (in the RARE times I do snipe).
President of DDO
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 12:19:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/14/2010 8:47:49 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 9/14/2010 2:00:07 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/13/2010 9:04:52 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I just want to know who is getting it. I've reserved my copy of the limited edition but will most likely get the prestige edition in November. I have to get Black ops because frankly, I'm just too good at MW2( you can add OneManArmyX26 gamertag if you don't believe me) But who else is getting it? If you don't know about the multiplayer here is an overview http://callofduty.wikia.com...

Beat Hastro and then you can call yourself too good.
First, who's hastro? Second, tell him to bring it. i'm a fcking beast and I show no pity. Again add me if you want proof

Hastr0 is a pro, sponsored by Tritton and Gunnar, won the CoD4 National Championship and is undefeated to start this season for MW2.
aka, the guy is God at the game.
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 12:26:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 10:26:16 AM, badger wrote:
just watched a couple of that hastro fella's videos. i'm fairly confident i'd wreck him :P i don't lose in ffa. tdm isn't really my thing cos i just like to keep running and always end up in the middle of the other team with none of my buddies around to help me. i can adapt pretty well though. marquis (or whatever it is), i'll add you and wreck you :)

I would pay you $5000 if you could beat Hastr0 in any legit match of his choosing. Or if you could beat his team I would give you all my worldly possessions.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 1:02:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...

really? i'd always put it down to larger areas not being focused on by my eyes.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 1:04:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 12:26:12 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 10:26:16 AM, badger wrote:
just watched a couple of that hastro fella's videos. i'm fairly confident i'd wreck him :P i don't lose in ffa. tdm isn't really my thing cos i just like to keep running and always end up in the middle of the other team with none of my buddies around to help me. i can adapt pretty well though. marquis (or whatever it is), i'll add you and wreck you :)

I would pay you $5000 if you could beat Hastr0 in any legit match of his choosing. Or if you could beat his team I would give you all my worldly possessions.

are these online tournaments you're talking about?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 1:09:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
i honestly don't lose in ffa. i've like a 76 win streak or something.. and i honestly wasn't even trying to get it. probably fvkced it up playing something stupid like search and destroy or one of them... as i said, i'm a runner :)
signature
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 8:12:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@Lwerd --I have no idea how I can manage to play on a 10" tv, at first it rather sucked but now I prefer it over big tv's. Something about sitting with your face 2 feet from the screen just makes it all the much better.

@badger ---ACTUALLY i don't camp at all.

Lately I have been running around with UMP .45 (FMJ) Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Ninja Pro (unless i'm playing CTF then commando pro for falling)

unless its a large level then I usually snipe with Intervention

OH and models :D (they just work so well when people cluster fvck)

let me know when you start playing again L, i'm on practically everyday at some point or another
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:08:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 1:02:05 PM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...

really? i'd always put it down to larger areas not being focused on by my eyes.

That's a result as of screen lag/terrible pixel to inch ratios, even if you are used to catching movement on larger screens, someone on a smaller screen will be able to do it better.
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:11:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 1:04:53 PM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 12:26:12 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 10:26:16 AM, badger wrote:
just watched a couple of that hastro fella's videos. i'm fairly confident i'd wreck him :P i don't lose in ffa. tdm isn't really my thing cos i just like to keep running and always end up in the middle of the other team with none of my buddies around to help me. i can adapt pretty well though. marquis (or whatever it is), i'll add you and wreck you :)

I would pay you $5000 if you could beat Hastr0 in any legit match of his choosing. Or if you could beat his team I would give you all my worldly possessions.

are these online tournaments you're talking about?

GameBattles and MLG. Apparently they've took 2nd in both CoD4 Championships, I was mislead on them winning, but they're in the Finals for MW2 the way I understand it. Hastr0 has a beastly M16 and wrecks FFA's frequently.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 5:27:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/15/2010 9:08:08 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 1:02:05 PM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...

really? i'd always put it down to larger areas not being focused on by my eyes.

That's a result as of screen lag/terrible pixel to inch ratios, even if you are used to catching movement on larger screens, someone on a smaller screen will be able to do it better.

smaller area to look around :)
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:43:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/16/2010 5:27:33 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:08:08 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 1:02:05 PM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...

really? i'd always put it down to larger areas not being focused on by my eyes.

That's a result as of screen lag/terrible pixel to inch ratios, even if you are used to catching movement on larger screens, someone on a smaller screen will be able to do it better.

smaller area to look around :)

If they had a correct pixel to inch ratio, it would be a godly different story dude. 40"+ TV's should be able to do like 4000x2000, but thanks to "Full HD" they can't.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 8:54:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/16/2010 8:43:20 AM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/16/2010 5:27:33 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:08:08 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 1:02:05 PM, badger wrote:
At 9/15/2010 12:20:14 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:03:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm getting it!

I looove MW2 (PSD) but I havent' played it in like 2 months. We moved, didn't have internet, and now we do but it's hooked up to my big screen TV. I hate playing on the big TV because it's always really hard for me to move the controller. We've tried everything but it just never works. I have to hook it up to my 27" tv in order to feel comfortable, which is not yet set up. I will see if I can hook it up tonight.

But yeah, Black Ops... November... woot, can't wait :)

It's because big TV's have more screen lag and the larger they are the worse the Pixel to Inch ratio becomes. "Full HD" has ruined the advancement of screen technologies...

really? i'd always put it down to larger areas not being focused on by my eyes.

That's a result as of screen lag/terrible pixel to inch ratios, even if you are used to catching movement on larger screens, someone on a smaller screen will be able to do it better.

smaller area to look around :)

If they had a correct pixel to inch ratio, it would be a godly different story dude. 40"+ TV's should be able to do like 4000x2000, but thanks to "Full HD" they can't.

uhh idk

if both a 10" and a 40" tv had correct pixel ratio for their respective size then I would still go with the smaller screen.

Takes your eyes lest time to look 10" from one sides of the screen to the other than it would 40", hence a faster reaction time.