Jump to topic:

Faceless: Episode 1

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:46:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tejretics looked at the scene of the crime. It was his first day as a junior detective for the New York City Police Department, and he was already looking at one of the most brutal murders he'd seen. An arm here and a leg there. The victim was a woman who looked pretty young. Something like 23 or 25.

One of the men in the CSI unit, Uther Penguin, came up to him and his partner, Endarkened Rationalist. "Clash and I finished the original examination of the body," Uther said to us. "She has a knife wound in her chest. My guess is that she didn't die for a couple minutes, which means it"s possible she was conscious during at least a small part of the dismemberment."

Endarkened didn't say anything. He just nodded his head and continued to stare at the body. He kept his mouth shut, not wanting to step out of line on his first day. "What do you think, Endark?" An officer named Solon Kr asked.

"I think that this is way too many murders in the past two weeks," Endark responded.

"I would say serial killer, but this crime is different than the last ones. The last one was much cleaner. There wasn't even any blood. This crime scene looks like a Saw movie was filmed here."

"What do you think, Tejretics?" Endark asked turning to Tejretics.

He stuttered for a second as he said, "Well, I read the reports, and all of them seem to be committed by psychopaths. I mean, someone with a sound mind doesn't just murder someone like this. They're actually very specific tactics, despite the disorganization. But psychopaths don't tend to work in groups. Maybe it's some sort of sick competition."

"Honestly, that's a theory we have to consider."

"Really?"

"However unlikely it is, it's still the only one that makes sense," Endark said quietly. "We'll have to wait for Wylted to do an official autopsy. So far we haven't found any connections, but sometimes it just takes one more"

"Look, Endark, we need to consider this from a different perspective," Solon interrupted. "I know it's your job to investigate, but what if this isn't the one more? You need to tell Chief Bsh that we need to increase our police on the streets. Too many people have died."

"Oh, you know, Bsh." Endark shook his head and turned to look around. "Look, he might listen to you, but I don't think he trusts my judgment anymore."

"We'll see what happens," Solon said as he went back to help inspect the crime scene.

"That's the problem with this job," Endark spoke to Tejretics again. "We always see what happens."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bsh looked at the three men in his office. "What do you think increasing police patrol will do?" Bsh asked eyeing Solon directly.

"Chief, at the very least it couldn't hurt. 15 murders within the time span of two weeks."

"It's New York City."

"You know what we're talking about. These were highly specific, psychopathic crimes. That's not even in dispute anymore."

"He's right, this isn't gang violence or your typical domestic crimes," Endark said. "First it was a man hung in front of the courthouse, then it evolved to a perfectly clean crime and today the messiest crime I've seen while on the job. And I doubt there was any DNA evidence at the crime scene."

Bsh nodded and said, "Listen, the people in this city don"t like the police. Police are treated worse than criminals around here ever since we stopped the riot 10 years ago. If we increase the number of police on the street, people notice. If people notice, media spins the story that we're just trying to crack down on gangs while the psychopaths keep taking lives, the feds start breathing down my neck, then all of the sudden I lose control of this station and we get restrained to the point where we literally can't be effective. It sucks, but I just have to trust my team to find these guys without us putting more cars on the street."

"So what do we do?" Solon asked me.

"See if Wylted has anything new for you, but I want you to find a pattern. You don't have the option to ask me to wait this time. You have to come up with something. We can't let anyone else die. And don't talk to press. Anything we say or don't say will be held against us, and I don't want to risk the wrong words getting out there."
"Yeah, Uther is just a drama queen," Wylted said as he examined the body. "She definitely wasn't conscious while the murderer was cutting off her limbs. Blood loss and fear would've knocked her right out when he stabbed her."

"Well, that's nice to know," Endark replied as he put a hand to his head. They weren't getting anywhere. These murderers should be behind bars already, but of course, bsh was sort of right. No one in New York City liked cops. The media was latching onto that, and the federal government was getting more and more reactive to those situations as the years went on. "So what can you tell me that's going to help me? Is there a new connection?"

"No." Wylted looked up quickly and said, "And I think that's the most important information I can give you. These are very specific crimes committed by people with a specific pattern of killing, but there's no patter so far of who they choose to kill speaking from what I can tell. You already know there were a couple of bodies that were killed in the same way, but there have been about 9 variations now. At least try to make sense of where the information is left out."

"So what, nine psychopaths locked in a competition to see who can kill the best?"

"Or the most," Tejretics spoke up. "We haven't been able to find a single piece of camera footage that picks up any of the perps. So what if they're just targeting areas where there are no security cameras? What if the only connection in the victims is that they don't have any security measures?"

"You're right," Endark said. That was actually a good idea. They needed to start patrolling the low income areas or the rundown parts of town. Endark hadn't even personally thought of that. He was so used to crimes happening in those areas anyway that it was just the same routine to him. He put a hand on Tejretics' shoulder and added, "We're having a station-wide stakeout tonight."
Tejretics and Endark drove around in the car through Central Village, the crappy neighborhood that had been built in Central Park. It was a sad place, and environmentalists had flipped crap when they found out about the plan, but the fact of the matter was that the economy was dropping and they needed more housing for the poor in New York City. Most of the houses were three stories high, and all of the buildings were used like apartments. It looked nice ten years ago when they'd built it, but now it was a heap of junk surrounded by literal heaps of junk.

"So what made you want to be a police officer?" Endark asked.

"Honestly, it was because I viewed the police the way the public did," Tejretics answered. It was true. He joined the police because he hated the police. His grandpa had always told him to be the change he wanted to see. So Tejretics joined the police force to reform it. Now he realized that the number of crappy cops was about the same as the number of crappy people everywhere else in life.

"So you joined the team you hated?"

"I wanted to try to change the police station from the inside. I came in and found out there wasn't much to change."

"Well, at least you're not one of those guys that joined just to shoot the bad guys. Those guys annoy me to no end."

"Why did you join?"

"I" Endark was cut off by a call on the radio.

"We have a breaking and entering on the corner of Warner and Cosby," Lannan announced over the radio. "I repeat, we have a breaking and entering on the corner of Warner and Cosby. Requesting backup."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:48:08 PM
Endark picked up his radio and spoke into it, "This is Head Detective, do not engage until I get there. Stay as incognito as you can."

Endark slammed down on the gas, and Tejretics felt his heart speed up along with the car. They were going to find the guy. They were going to take him down, and finally get this criminal behind bars.

Endark and Tejretics made it to the house. They quickly got out of the car, and six police officers followed them to the front door. Endark opened the door and walked into the house, gun raised and flashlight on. He signaled for everyone to follow him.

"Who is that?" A young man said stepping into the room.

"That's the guy that broke in," Lannan said holding a gun to the kids face.

"Hey," the kid said throwing his hands up and backing against a wall. "That's just how I get to my room. It's easier to climb in the window."

Tejretics pushed down Lannan's arms and said, "He's not the perp. He's unarmed." Usually there would be room to doubt, but the guy wasn't wearing a shirt. He just had athletic shorts on actually.

Something fell from the ceiling. It was red, like a drop of blood. Tejretics and Endark looked up at the same time and saw it. There was a red spot on the roof, and a drop was forming in the middle. Without another word, everyone ran up the stairs that were almost directly in front of them. Endark broke through the door, and we all stumbled into the apartment.

They turned around and saw the scene. A man's head was lying on the ground. His body would be in the bath tub if the police reports were true. This was one of the psychopaths that was out on a killing spree, but this time there was a difference. There was a huge sheet of paper on the wall, and the writing looked like it was in blood.

The sign said, "Silly, pigs, thinking you would be able to stop me. Watch the game that we play with this city of yours. You'll never see us come or go. You'll just see the blood and know we've been there. We are faceless."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:52:59 PM
At 10/1/2015 3:50:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
Awesome first episode

Lol wut, you literally only had 3 minutes to read it, and she JUST PM'd us. There's no way you've read it yet to be able to give an opinion.
Unless you can read at god-mode speed or something like that.
Which I doubt. :>
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:53:18 PM
But yes.
Awesome first episode.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:54:30 PM
At 10/1/2015 3:53:18 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
But yes.
Awesome first episode.

Im in it, so.... I'm reading it now
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:04:07 PM
so awesome
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:05:54 PM
At 10/1/2015 3:46:38 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Tejretics looked at the scene of the crime. It was his first day as a junior detective for the New York City Police Department, and he was already looking at one of the most brutal murders he'd seen. An arm here and a leg there. The victim was a woman who looked pretty young. Something like 23 or 25.
Oh no! Pretty, young woman. TAT
"He's right, this isn't gang violence or your typical domestic crimes," Endark said. "First it was a man hung in front of the courthouse, then it evolved to a perfectly clean crime and today the messiest crime I've seen while on the job. And I doubt there was any DNA evidence at the crime scene."

Bsh nodded and said, "Listen, the people in this city don"t like the police. Police are treated worse than criminals around here ever since we stopped the riot 10 years ago. If we increase the number of police on the street, people notice. If people notice, media spins the story that we're just trying to crack down on gangs while the psychopaths keep taking lives, the feds start breathing down my neck, then all of the sudden I lose control of this station and we get restrained to the point where we literally can't be effective. It sucks, but I just have to trust my team to find these guys without us putting more cars on the street."
Bsh does slippery slopes?

"So what do we do?" Solon asked me.

"See if Wylted has anything new for you, but I want you to find a pattern. You don't have the option to ask me to wait this time. You have to come up with something. We can't let anyone else die. And don't talk to press. Anything we say or don't say
Pssh. You can't win either way. How sad.
will be held against us, and I don't want to risk the wrong words getting out there."
Honestly, I think honesty is the best policy. Just state that you think there's a crazy serial killer or something. A) publicly threatens the serial killers, B) justifies police to the public, C) seriously, let the cops do their jobs guhhhhhh!!!! Stupid public!
"Yeah, Uther is just a drama queen," Wylted said
Yup, this is definitely something Wylted would say. +1
"Or the most," Tejretics spoke up. "We haven't been able to find a single piece of camera footage that picks up any of the perps. So what if they're just targeting areas where there are no security cameras? What if the only connection in the victims is that they don't have any security measures?"
"Well, at least you're not one of those guys that joined just to shoot the bad guys. Those guys annoy me to no end."
Hey! Grr!
We're the coolest.
MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:06:38 PM
So.. murderers w/ supernatural powers?
Definitely toying with the cops, that's for sure.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:07:32 PM
Loved it!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:16:53 PM
I'm either the kid or the pyschopath

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 5:03:18 PM
At 10/1/2015 4:34:46 PM, Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master wrote:
Why are all the characters names of users?

Because all of these people actually took part in this event when it happened. Back when Bsh was chief of police

Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 5:12:12 PM
At 10/1/2015 5:03:18 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Because all of these people actually took part in this event when it happened. Back when Bsh was chief of police

Really. Why do all the fanfics or original stories in DDO have signups?
Look at my sig.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 5:13:44 PM
At 10/1/2015 5:12:12 PM, Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master wrote:

It's how the authors find out who was there and can site as theri sources.

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:36:45 PM
Awesome first episode

Thanks! I know you read cuz you were in it :P but thanks still.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:37:10 PM
At 10/1/2015 3:53:18 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
But yes.
Awesome first episode.

Lol thank you.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:37:47 PM
At 10/1/2015 4:07:32 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Loved it!

Thank you :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:39:00 PM
At 10/1/2015 4:16:53 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Lol I didn't give an exhaustive list of characters in the first episode :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:45:44 PM
At 10/1/2015 6:39:00 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 10/1/2015 4:16:53 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Lol I didn't give an exhaustive list of characters in the first episode :P

ok, so I'm not the murderer dang.

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 6:47:36 PM

Yeah, it's what Butter Cat said.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:14:55 PM
At 10/1/2015 6:47:36 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

First off it's all one word, secondly there is an all important "x" at the end of it

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:20:08 PM
At 10/1/2015 7:14:55 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

First off it's all one word, secondly there is an all important "x" at the end of it

Last time I ever back you up.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:23:42 PM
At 10/1/2015 7:20:08 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 10/1/2015 7:14:55 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Last time I ever back you up.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

It is a joke jon bon

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:24:18 PM
At 10/1/2015 6:37:47 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 10/1/2015 4:07:32 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Loved it!

Thank you :)

Welcome.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 7:41:23 PM
I have a slight feeling that I'm secretly the killer. Oh boy.
I rate this story booty/booty so far.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 3:20:20 AM
Awesome first episode

So much this...This was fantastic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 3:28:37 AM
"We are faceless." Loved it!
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch