Jump to topic:

Faceless: Episode 2

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 7:57:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Here's a question that I think a lot of the people are having," Voice of Truth, a reporter for the local news station, announced. "A lot of murders are happening around the city, and the police are failing to do that job along with their failings to do a lot of other jobs. Robberies are going up. Street violence is going up. It's like the police just quit on the city altogether."

Bsh watched the TV with Endark and Tejretics right next to him. Videos on the TV started popping up. The first one was a video of a man walking into a convenience shop and holding his gun up almost immediately. Voice narrated over it, "This man just walked into this store and took all the money in the cash register. The police showed up ten minutes after the alarm."

The second video was a video taken off a phone displaying a street fight between a couple kids. "This kid got beaten to a bloody pulp and died on the way to the hospital. Even though we have video evidence of what the killer's face looks like, the police haven't started any sort of investigation."

Then pictures of the victim of the most recent crime started popping up. "This man was murdered in his own home, and guess how the police found out. They were chasing a kid into his own house and just so happened to see the blood dripping through the floor."

Bsh turned off the TV. He couldn't watch it anymore. Their job was already hard enough, and this guy was trying to put all the blame on them.

"Can't he accept that we don't have any evidence to stop these crimes?" Tejretics asked sounding a little frustrated. "These psychopaths don't give us leads."

"It's a good story," Endark said. "He'll increase his viewer base and get more money. That's the only reason."

"Yeah, well I think his parents gave him the wrong name."

"Guys, I wanted to watch that to show you how serious the situation will get," Bsh said to them. "If we don't fix this soon enough, we will lose this battle."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wylted, please give me something," Endark said storming into the coroner's room.

"I didn't even check the body," Wylted responded flatly. "It's the same as the other two from this killer."

Endark walked directly to Wylted and looked him in the eyes. "You give me an autopsy right now or I report you."

"Hey, calm down," Wylted replied and put his hands up. "It was just a joke. I did the autopsy as soon as you guys brought the body back. It's on the table next to junior."

Endark turned around and looked next to Tejretics. The report was sitting on the table. Wylted better have something good in that report, or Endark was going to lose it and tear Wylted's face off. He opened it up, and he read through it. Again, no DNA aside from the victim's. The body was dismantled the same the other two were. The cut was almost exactly the same too.

"I told you," Wylted interrupted, putting his hands in his pockets. "There was nothing new. How many kills is that? And from 1 of at least 9 people who appear to be psychopaths? The people we're dealing with aren't going to get caught by the forensics guys."

Endark kept his mouth shut to avoid saying anything that would end poorly. But he was pissed. They could not find any evidence at any of the scenes. Every murder was a perfect crime. The only way to stop them was to have a cop at every part in the city. Even then, Endark got this feeling that the killer would just get out of the building without a trace or explanation. Like some kind of demon.

Then something hit Endark's mind. Could it be possible?

Wylted was the only one doing autopsies, and he never found evidence. After 15 murders that started seeming a little too convenient. Should he say something right now? No, maybe not. He thought about it after 7 murders, but he thought he knew Wylted better than that. Now Wylted was in this mood that was kind of strange. Almost like he didn't care that these people were dying.

Obviously, you have to have a tough gut to look at dead bodies for a living. You can"t be depressed all the time. But Wylted was joking now. That was just wrong on so many levels. He would wait to go talk to Bsh. If someone else could inspect some of the bodies to confirm, that would put Endark's mind at ease.

"Let's get back up to Central Village," Tejretics said. "We stand a better chance of catching this guy if we go there."

Tej was right. They had to go back. "You're right, let's go." Endark ran up the stairs taking them two at a time and tried to leave his feelings behind to keep his mind clear.
Tejretics sat in the passenger seat of the car and looked at the people walking by on the sidewalks. Half of everyone was wearing the new Bluetooth earphones that had come out, and everyone had these sort of angry expressions on their faces. The city was usually pretty bummed looking, but at least some people looked like they were having fun with their lives.

The car slowed down. Tejretics looked at the red light and watched all the cars in front of him go by. "So are you enjoying the job so far?" Endark asked.

"It's much different than I thought it was," Tejretics answered.

"What did you think this job would be like?"

"I don't know, I guess I thought I'd be able to use some sort of skills to track down the murderers. Instead, we're just working on conjecture and decent guesses."

"Well, this is the first series of crimes I've seen where the site was free of DNA every time. I bet even if we did find some DNA it wouldn't actually do anything besides give us a face."

Tejretics waited a moment then asked the question he hadn't gotten answered last night, "Why did you join the force?"

"That's a story I'll tell you later," Endark said slowly. He breathed in and added, "But in short, I joined the force to shoot the bad guys."

Tejretics was confused. Endark had said he hated those people. "I thought you said you hated people who joined the force for that reason."

"Who are you most critical of? Someone who reminds you of yourself? Or someone who you don't actually know that well?"

Tejretics immediately went to the latter in his head, but he thought about it and realized that someone who is exactly like you is actually the most annoying. Partially because it feels like they're stealing an idea and partially because you know all the areas where you were wrong and want to correct them in someone else. He never thought of it like that.

"I guess someone that reminds me of myself."

"Well, there you go," Endark said as the car started to move forward. The ride was mostly silent for a few minutes.

Then Endark's phone went off.

He checked it and said under his breath, "Unknown number."

Endark answered the call and heard someone talking. He sounded like he was crying or hyperventilating as he spoke, "You have ten minutes to trace this call and come pick me up." The man paused for a few moments to let out a few sobs then continued, "If you don't, I'll die."

"I'm on my way," Endark said and put his phone in his lap.

Tejretics pulled his out and dialed Butter, one of the guys that could actually trace a call, immediately, "Hey, Butter. Do you have Endark's number?"

"Yes," Butter anwered.

Tejretics cut him off at the end of the word yes and said, "Trace his call now. Find out where the other guy is."

"Okay, just give me a minute."

It was about 30 seconds later before Butter came back saying, "Okay, looks like it's just three blocks down and on the right. Some sort of office building. I think that's the finance office that's under construction.

"Three blocks down on the right. Finance office under construction," Tejretics said to Endark as soon as Butter was done.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 8:00:18 PM
Endark turned on their lights and started passing by the cars as quickly as he could. Tejretics was afraid they might hit some of the cars they passed, but somehow no one got hit. It took them a couple minutes to get down those couple of blocks, but they made it to the building.

"This is unit 1, we need backup now at 404 23rd street," Endark yelled into his radio.

Tejretics heard sirens go off immediately, but he was already following Endark into the building. They had better catch the bastard inside.
Lannan ran through the door with Solon right next to him. They walked into the room where they saw Endark and Tejretics standing in front of a man in a seat. There appeared to be a significant amount of blood streaming off of his hands, which hung to either side of himself.

Lannan ran over to them and saw what they were looking at. The man's throat had a throwing knife in it all the way through. Just like the fourth killer's style if Lannan remembered right.

A note was also taped to the man's breast pocket, which contained a cell phone. The note said,

"Hey, I just killed him
I know I'm crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe.

Lol ;)"

That creeped Lannan out more than it should've. This was insane. What was this even supposed to accomplish? Lannan grabbed the phone without even thinking.

"Hey, you're gonna get your fingerprints all over it!" Solon yelled at Lannan.

"It's okay, the killer didn't touch the phone. This is the man who made the call," Endark responded quietly.

Lannan browsed through the contacts and saw one called "me." He spoke up, "Hey guys, there's a contact called 'me.' That's what it means by 'call me maybe.' I'm gonna call it."

"Wait, don't do that," Solon put his hand out. "You don't do what a psychopath tells you to do."

Everyone stood in silence for a moment. "We don't have any leads," Tejretics said to them. "We don't know anything."

"The killer didn't talk to us the first time. Why would calling him the second time do any good?" Endark asked them.

Lannan shot back, "Well, maybe he'll at least have someone else give you information."

"Then he'll kill that person."

"He'll kill them anyway!"

"Lannan, calm down," Solon said stepping a little closer. "We need to make the best decision we can, got it?"

"We should at least talk to chief bsh about it," Tejretics added.

"Or we'll get Butter to work on it," Endark added after Tejretics.

Lannan couldn't take it all in. They had their chance. Right there, all he had to do was put down his thumb. What's the worst that could happen? He'd talk to a hostage about the situation and get as much information as possible? He looked at everyone else. They were discussing the situation. But now wasn't a time for discussion, it was time for action.

Lannan pushed the call button, and everyone stopped talking when they heard it ring. Dead silence hit the room. No one even breathed. Then a sound shrieked into the room. The sound of someone laughing. Not just a normal laugh. It was an insane, manic, horrifying laugh.

As soon as the laughing stopped, they heard an explosion and saw a burst of light. It was a phone bomb. Lannan had just activated a phone bomb. "Oh God, what have I done?" Lannan said under his breath.
Endark ran to the window and saw it. There was a building collapsing in on itself. Looked like it was three stories tall, and it wasn't a heavily used building, but there were people in there. He picked up his radio immediately and said, "We need all available emergency personnel on 23rd street. A building has been taken down. Get here now!"

Endark turned to Lannan and stared him down for a moment. He focused on the mission after a moment of eye contact. They had to get down there and save whoever they could. Endark bolted down the stairs with Tejretics right behind him. "Let's get out there, now!" Endak yelled at them. This was a huge problem.

They were past any remnant sanity now.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 8:21:19 PM
I am a bada$$. You are the best Jonbonbon
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 1:25:39 AM
At 10/8/2015 8:21:19 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Yes you are, Butter. And thank you very much XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 9:57:15 AM
At 10/9/2015 1:25:39 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Do I work for the PoPo or am I like a private contractor?

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 11:03:08 AM
At 10/9/2015 9:57:15 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

Lol you work for the police.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 11:14:10 AM
At 10/9/2015 11:03:08 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 4:53:26 PM
At 10/9/2015 11:14:10 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol sorry :P this is still only like a 5 or 6 episode mini series, so the main characters are staying fairly localized to the police. I mean, basically this is like one episode of Sherlock XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 5:04:36 PM
At 10/9/2015 4:53:26 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol sorry :P this is still only like a 5 or 6 episode mini series, so the main characters are staying fairly localized to the police. I mean, basically this is like one episode of Sherlock XD

Ew, sherlock, ew ew ew ew

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 5:39:27 PM
bump

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 5:44:39 PM
At 10/9/2015 5:04:36 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Dang, okay

http://orig03.deviantart.net...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 6:45:25 PM
At 10/9/2015 5:44:39 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

That is blocked on my computer

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 6:59:16 PM
At 10/9/2015 6:45:25 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol seriously?

Well if you search moriarty surprise face gif on google images you'll see it. If you don't, your life probably won't be changed in any serious way.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 7:08:56 PM
At 10/9/2015 6:59:16 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol seriously?

Well if you search moriarty surprise face gif on google images you'll see it. If you don't, your life probably won't be changed in any serious way.

Sherlock stinks, Elementary is better

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 8:36:25 PM
At 10/9/2015 7:08:56 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol seriously?

Never watched Elementary.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 8:45:19 PM
At 10/9/2015 8:36:25 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol seriously?

Johnny Lee Miller perfectly portrays a modern day SHerlock Holmes by being eccentric, OCD, and most of all, believeable.

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 3:55:44 PM
The situation with the phone bomb reminds me of Mafia lately.
"WAIT WAIT WAIT DON'T VOTE YET"
*someone places a hasty vote; everyone dies*

Good work thus far
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:46:11 PM
At 10/9/2015 8:45:19 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 10/9/2015 8:36:25 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Dang, okay

Lol seriously?

Johnny Lee Miller perfectly portrays a modern day SHerlock Holmes by being eccentric, OCD, and most of all, believable.

Good for him :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:47:00 PM
At 10/10/2015 3:55:44 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The situation with the phone bomb reminds me of Mafia lately.
"WAIT WAIT WAIT DON'T VOTE YET"
*someone places a hasty vote; everyone dies*

Good work thus far

Lol thanks, and I actually think of Mafia sometimes when I write this.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:47:17 PM
At 10/10/2015 5:46:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

If you ever get the chance, I reccomend watching it

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 12:18:43 AM
At 10/10/2015 5:47:17 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 10/10/2015 5:46:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

If you ever get the chance, I reccomend watching it

Lol I won't. I watch too many shows and have too many cued to watch anything else XD but thanks for the recommendation.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 9:10:54 PM
Please put me in your series and make me a serial killer who never leaves behind evidence that could be used to ID him. That'd be awesome. :)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid