Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Off with their Heads

tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 12:11:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
An American punk-rock band that I've recently discovered (they aren't particularly new though.)
Just downloaded their latest album on iTunes (YES! I paid!!!) and listening now.

Awesome. Love the vocals. A bit like the Dropkicks but without Boston accents.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:37:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.

Nope, just the audio.
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:38:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:37:55 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.

Nope, just the audio.

This website does that. http://zamzar.com...
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:40:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:37:55 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.

Nope, just the audio.

Almost always lower quality.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:42:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:40:55 AM, Sobriquet wrote:

Almost always lower quality.

Yea, some of them can be, but meh. I get the music, that's all I care about since I can't afford to use the iTunes store.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:46:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow, I say 9 posts and thought "awesome, some people have heard the album."

Then I realise I've been HIJACKED!!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:47:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:46:03 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Wow, I say 9 posts and thought "awesome, some people have heard the album."

Then I realise I've been HIJACKED!!!!

*inb4 suicide bomber joke*
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:29:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:40:55 AM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:37:55 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.

Nope, just the audio.

Almost always lower quality.

If you download from iTunes you only get 192 kbps bit rate anyway...
If you cared about quality and you couldn't get a torrent, you'd buy the physical CD.
juvanya
Posts: 613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:35:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 2:42:16 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:40:55 AM, Sobriquet wrote:

Almost always lower quality.

Yea, some of them can be, but meh. I get the music, that's all I care about since I can't afford to use the iTunes store.
I have like $50 in unused itunes....
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:24:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 10:29:51 AM, zGodMode wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:40:55 AM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:37:55 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:36:47 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/22/2010 2:35:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:36:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:17:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why did you pay?

Couldn't find a torrent :P

I cheat. I rip alot of music off youtube videos. There's actually sites where you can transfer the audio into MP3 files, lol.

Also take the videos.

Nope, just the audio.

Almost always lower quality.

If you download from iTunes you only get 192 kbps bit rate anyway...
If you cared about quality and you couldn't get a torrent, you'd buy the physical CD.

I'm not that interested in quality. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:27:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 12:11:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
An American punk-rock band that I've recently discovered (they aren't particularly new though.)
Just downloaded their latest album on iTunes (YES! I paid!!!) and listening now.

Awesome. Love the vocals. A bit like the Dropkicks but without Boston accents.

What band??? (Am I the only other person who loves Punk? Why is no one asking?!)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:28:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:27:25 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:11:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
An American punk-rock band that I've recently discovered (they aren't particularly new though.)
Just downloaded their latest album on iTunes (YES! I paid!!!) and listening now.

Awesome. Love the vocals. A bit like the Dropkicks but without Boston accents.

What band??? (Am I the only other person who loves Punk? Why is no one asking?!)

The title of the thread silly, they're called "Off with their Heads"
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:29:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:28:36 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 4:27:25 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:11:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
An American punk-rock band that I've recently discovered (they aren't particularly new though.)
Just downloaded their latest album on iTunes (YES! I paid!!!) and listening now.

Awesome. Love the vocals. A bit like the Dropkicks but without Boston accents.

What band??? (Am I the only other person who loves Punk? Why is no one asking?!)

The title of the thread silly, they're called "Off with their Heads"

-___- Dumb blonde moment.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:30:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:29:06 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/22/2010 4:28:36 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 4:27:25 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/22/2010 12:11:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
An American punk-rock band that I've recently discovered (they aren't particularly new though.)
Just downloaded their latest album on iTunes (YES! I paid!!!) and listening now.

Awesome. Love the vocals. A bit like the Dropkicks but without Boston accents.

What band??? (Am I the only other person who loves Punk? Why is no one asking?!)

The title of the thread silly, they're called "Off with their Heads"

-___- Dumb blonde moment.

;d
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:40:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 10:29:51 AM, zGodMode wrote:

If you download from iTunes you only get 192 kbps bit rate anyway...
If you cared about quality and you couldn't get a torrent, you'd buy the physical CD.

I still buy CD's when I can, lol.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:42:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:39:29 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I just listened to the song "Drive" on Youtube. I like it.

Thats the first song of their thats I heard.
I bought the whole album based on that song. ^_^
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 4:46:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:42:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/22/2010 4:39:29 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I just listened to the song "Drive" on Youtube. I like it.

Thats the first song of their thats I heard.
I bought the whole album based on that song. ^_^

Yeah, his voice is raw, which I love... Thanks! (My sister heard me listening to "Their Own Medicine" and now she's found her new band to be into lol)
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 6:20:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 4:40:42 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 10:29:51 AM, zGodMode wrote:

If you download from iTunes you only get 192 kbps bit rate anyway...
If you cared about quality and you couldn't get a torrent, you'd buy the physical CD.

I still buy CD's when I can, lol.

I just go with 320 kbps MP3 or FLAC every now and then. You can't really tell the difference that much between 320 or FLAC or from FLAC to the CD unless you have a $1,500+ Audio system.
Can't wait until I have that much expendable income...