Heroes of Newerth

TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 3:55:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So...

I've gotten into the game about 2 months ago during summer, and have been hooked. Hooked I tell you. Like any good gamer, it's consumed my life to the extent of at least delineating most of my time from DDO to HoN.

Point being: anyone play? It's heavily based off DoTA (dont worry, they got permission), so if you haven't made the transition then do it.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 10:05:33 PM
Is this like that old Warcraft 3 thing where you are a single hero and you go around leveling up?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 10:09:10 PM
I hated Dota. I didn't wanna memorize item recipes

Hero Wars. Just buy tomes of attributes, maybe a few items that you have to look at like once to figure out if you need (no recipes, items are just bought direct).

more complex crap belongs in a persistent world, not a one-off game
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 2:37:05 PM
I play League of Legends instead. Heroes of Newerth is now pay to play, although i did play fairly competitavely when it was still in open Beta.

But i may start playing if i can sum up the money. My in game name username is Alliekiller

My fav char was by far electrician. Loved his stunlock. But his stunlock used to deal AoE damage, and they changed it to single unit damage, so thats what sucks about him

But seriously, if you like HoN, you will like League of legends as well. Although i agree that HoN has a better interface and chat system, LoL has some pretty fun heroes.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:10:39 PM
At 9/29/2010 10:09:10 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Hero Wars. Just buy tomes of attributes, maybe a few items that you have to look at like once to figure out if you need (no recipes, items are just bought direct).

more complex crap belongs in a persistent world, not a one-off game

Hey just so ya know, they improved the recipes a bit, now on the recipe itself it shows what you need for it, it's pretty easy.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:23:16 AM
At 9/29/2010 10:09:10 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

lol if that's your only reason, then it shouldn't be too much of a burden. DotA and other similar games have the problem of a moderate to high learning curve, but catching on shouldn't be a problem (by one week I got the hang of things).