Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Who will Spider-Man side with in Civil War?

shaddamcorrinoIV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 3:29:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I created a poll asking this, I got the idea to do that poll and this post after I saw a photo for a poster with Spider-man's web on Cap's shield. To me, this indicates that Spider-man will be siding with Cap, and this sorta has some logic behind it. If the filmmakers were to follow the comics then he'd side with Ironman, reveal his identity, and then we'd have to do the dreaded One More Day story, and maybe this is how the filmmakers are bypassing it. But that's just my theory I could be totally wrong of course.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 3:46:40 PM
At 12/2/2015 3:29:13 PM, shaddamcorrinoIV wrote:
I created a poll asking this, I got the idea to do that poll and this post after I saw a photo for a poster with Spider-man's web on Cap's shield. To me, this indicates that Spider-man will be siding with Cap, and this sorta has some logic behind it. If the filmmakers were to follow the comics then he'd side with Ironman, reveal his identity, and then we'd have to do the dreaded One More Day story, and maybe this is how the filmmakers are bypassing it. But that's just my theory I could be totally wrong of course.

Spider-man was initially on Iron-man's side then later found his brain and joined Captain America. This is actually where Captain America makes one of his most iconic speeches (the "No, you move" speech) to convince Peter. As you can tell, I'm probably a little biased towards The Captain. I certainly hope that if Spider-man is going to play a role in this Civil War movie that he ends up on Captain America's side.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:15:26 AM
I suspect that Spider-Man will have a very small role in the film, perhaps only an after credit tease. We've already seen that Black Panther seems to play a significant part, and having two new characters play large roles would be difficult to pull off. Also, Spider-Man's role (and major moments) in the comics revolved largely around him revealing his identity, switching suits, and switching sides. None of these would have much of an impact in the movie for a character who is just being introduced. There is also the rumor that a different character will be switching sides in the movie, which would steal a lot of that spidey thunder.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...