Jump to topic:

Best Stanley Kubrick Movie

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 3:26:15 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Known as one of the most visionary directors of all time, one which some call the greatest, Stanley Kubrick has made some damn good movies. Which one is his best?

For me, it is Barry Lyndon. Perhaps the most beautiful looking film of all time, it is the pinnacle of Kubrick's scores with classics, and manages to pull the viewer into the 1700's. It is the best period film of all time, and despite being deliberately slow, being 3 hours, it kept my attention the whole time, with its mix of the rise and fall of Barry Lyndon and a surprising comedic edge. Barry Lyndon is a technical masterpiece, and pulls off its story of a slow rise and fast fall so well.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 2:27:17 AM
At 12/11/2015 3:26:15 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
Known as one of the most visionary directors of all time, one which some call the greatest, Stanley Kubrick has made some damn good movies. Which one is his best?

For me, it is Barry Lyndon. Perhaps the most beautiful looking film of all time, it is the pinnacle of Kubrick's scores with classics, and manages to pull the viewer into the 1700's. It is the best period film of all time, and despite being deliberately slow, being 3 hours, it kept my attention the whole time, with its mix of the rise and fall of Barry Lyndon and a surprising comedic edge. Barry Lyndon is a technical masterpiece, and pulls off its story of a slow rise and fast fall so well.

2001: A Space Odyssey is the best one for me.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 7:08:04 AM
At 12/13/2015 2:27:17 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 12/11/2015 3:26:15 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

2001: A Space Odyssey is the best one for me.

I got a bit bored in a couple of moments in the middle of that one, and while some effects are downright amazing, even today, some of the effects in space are pretty dated.
#FeeltheFreezerBern