Jump to topic:

Favorite Star Wars Character

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:45:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I know there's already at least one of these threads, but I don't feel like looking for them.

Anyway, mine is definitely Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Obi-Wan: Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin, they betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order - a commitment not easily broken...and don't forget she's a politician. They're not to be trusted.
Anakin: She's not like the others in the Senate, Master.
Obi-Wan: It's been my experience that Senators are only focused on pleasing those who fund their campaigns - and they are more than willing to forget the niceties of democracy to get those funds.
Anakin: Not another lecture, Master. Not on the economics of politics...and besides, you're generalizing. The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt.
Obi-Wan: Palpatine's a politician. I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 1:00:48 AM
R2D2

*bee boop beep whirl buzz loop bop*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:14:07 AM
Luke. I'm a sucker for the classic tale of a hero's journey.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:15:49 AM
No contest.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:44:26 AM
At 12/17/2015 12:45:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I know there's already at least one of these threads, but I don't feel like looking for them.

Kreia/Darth Traya

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it."

"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best."

"Do not see every enemy as an enemy. See them instead as an ally, whether they know it or not."

"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than a clenched fist."

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need contrast, not adherence to a single idea."

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it. Such a weapon does not make a Jedi or a Sith. And at times, it makes them much, much less than they are."

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself... and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards... If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:53:37 AM
At 12/17/2015 3:44:26 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Kreia/Darth Traya

"Do not see every enemy as an enemy. See them instead as an ally, whether they know it or not."

"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than a clenched fist."

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need contrast, not adherence to a single idea."

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it. Such a weapon does not make a Jedi or a Sith. And at times, it makes them much, much less than they are."

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself... and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards... If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

She was my favorite character from those games. I always kept her as companion because she had the best dialogue, even if she wasn't the best in combat. I was disappointed at having to kill her in the end. I'd rather have an end where you become her apprentice.
- lamerde

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:56:53 AM

Obi-Wan: Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin, they betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order - a commitment not easily broken...and don't forget she's a politician. They're not to be trusted.
Obi-Wan: It's been my experience that Senators are only focused on pleasing those who fund their campaigns - and they are more than willing to forget the niceties of democracy to get those funds.
Anakin: Not another lecture, Master. Not on the economics of politics...and besides, you're generalizing. The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt.
Obi-Wan: Palpatine's a politician. I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators.

Anakin Skywalker
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:16:55 AM
At 12/17/2015 3:53:37 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Kreia/Darth Traya

She was my favorite character from those games. I always kept her as companion because she had the best dialogue, even if she wasn't the best in combat. I was disappointed at having to kill her in the end. I'd rather have an end where you become her apprentice.

YUS! She was a beast in mine, her lighting destroyed everything. I hated killing her. And her coming in to save you is just the most epic move ever.

Anytime someone says 'hur, there are no good female video game characters,' I say: old one-handed blind lady who manipulates everyone for their own good and wins in the end no matter what you do.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:24:14 AM
At 12/17/2015 4:16:55 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Kreia/Darth Traya

YUS! She was a beast in mine, her lighting destroyed everything. I hated killing her. And her coming in to save you is just the most epic move ever.

Anytime someone says 'hur, there are no good female video game characters,' I say: old one-handed blind lady who manipulates everyone for their own good and wins in the end no matter what you do.

I made the mistake of trying to turn her good, so I never upgraded any of her really cool abilities haha. It was crushing every time I did something too selfless in game and she'd hit me with some snark. She is such an amazing character. Playing alongside her was one of those rare occasions where a character had me actually doubting my own choices and path in the game! You're making me want to replay the game now haha
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:40:16 AM
At 12/17/2015 4:24:14 AM, Maikuru wrote:

I made the mistake of trying to turn her good, so I never upgraded any of her really cool abilities haha. It was crushing every time I did something too selfless in game and she'd hit me with some snark. She is such an amazing character. Playing alongside her was one of those rare occasions where a character had me actually doubting my own choices and path in the game! You're making me want to replay the game now haha

What I love is that she does the exact same thing if you play through making darksided decisions. She basically plays devils advocate for the other side in order for you to see how nuanced everything is.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:44:17 AM
At 12/17/2015 4:40:16 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

What I love is that she does the exact same thing if you play through making darksided decisions. She basically plays devils advocate for the other side in order for you to see how nuanced everything is.

That's really interesting, I didn't realize that. I always tell myself to replay games like that as a more evil character but I don't have it in myself to make those choices haha
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:52:11 AM
At 12/17/2015 4:44:17 AM, Maikuru wrote:

That's really interesting, I didn't realize that. I always tell myself to replay games like that as a more evil character but I don't have it in myself to make those choices haha

Haha, I often play as a mildly evil character, but there are some things that I just can't do. When I did those few good things, I found out that she basically chides you no matter what you do, unless it's a really sneaky and elegant solution.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:57:35 AM
At 12/17/2015 4:52:11 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 12/17/2015 4:44:17 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Haha, I often play as a mildly evil character, but there are some things that I just can't do. When I did those few good things, I found out that she basically chides you no matter what you do, unless it's a really sneaky and elegant solution.

That's so crafty, I love it! I very much approve of your previous avatar =)
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:58:32 AM
At 12/17/2015 3:15:49 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
No contest.

Lol, I love the HK models.
- Hilaire Belloc -
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:10:25 AM
I'm pretty basic. It's definitely Darth Vader, with my second place going to Grand Moff Tarkin.

I'm a sucker for the Empire.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:22:37 AM
Jabba the Hut..... That guy had life figured out
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:57:22 AM
At 12/19/2015 6:22:37 AM, imabench wrote:

He basically won the star wars.
- lamerde

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:49:08 PM

It makes me cry inside that you back up your choice with quotes from the prequels.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

"That's no moon"
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:56:50 PM

lol

I would have put my gangster lair on a nicer planet though. Somewhere with a beach and maybe a crazy sea monster I could feed my prisoners to.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 8:37:49 PM
At 12/19/2015 6:49:08 PM, Raisor wrote:

It makes me cry inside that you back up your choice with quotes from the prequels.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

"That's no moon"

I don't give a sh!t about what movie it came from. If I liked the line then I liked the line lol.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 9:08:02 PM
At 12/19/2015 6:56:50 PM, Raisor wrote:

lol

I would have put my gangster lair on a nicer planet though. Somewhere with a beach and maybe a crazy sea monster I could feed my prisoners to.

But on a desert planet it would be so easy to hide a body....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeerFang30077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 2:55:41 PM
Ahsoka Tano, Anikan's padawan in the clone wars
SeerFang30077, member of Drawing Now, Chess.com, and the old Pottermore