Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Starwars prequels

tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 10:14:43 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Honestly, I never got why the prequels got such a bad rep. They honestly weren't that bad. I'll admit some of the dialogue was absolute garbage, but what could the actors do? George Lucas is a dumba$$ who can't write proper lines, and this basically hurted the prequels. Pretty much everything else was fine, and I enjoyed them. Revenge of the Sith is my 2nd favorite movie.

If I were to rate the whole Saga on rotten tomatoes

Episode 1: 63%
Episode 2: 60%
Episode 3: 88%
Episode 4: 95%
Episode 5: 86%
Episode6: 75%
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 11:08:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Lucas had far more external interference to deal with when shooting the original, as well as serious budget restraints. For most directors, those hinderances would have resulted in a worse movie, but as it turns out, Lucas is at his best when he's not fully allowed to realize his vision lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 11:50:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Yea, what's your point?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:05:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 11:50:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Yea, what's your point?

He's not incapable of writing and directing well, frankly. I think your point falls flat.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:33:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 12:05:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/20/2015 11:50:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Yea, what's your point?

He's not incapable of writing and directing well, frankly. I think your point falls flat.

When I said that, meant for the prequels. Also, he didn't direct Episode 5 and 6.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:35:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 12:33:46 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:05:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/20/2015 11:50:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Yea, what's your point?

He's not incapable of writing and directing well, frankly. I think your point falls flat.

When I said that, meant for the prequels. Also, he didn't direct Episode 5 and 6.

Irrelevant, and the point still falls flat. He obviously isn't an idiot - otherwise we wouldn't have the series in the first place.

Be grateful.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 12:39:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/21/2015 12:35:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:33:46 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/21/2015 12:05:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/20/2015 11:50:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 12/20/2015 10:58:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
You do know that George Lucas was not directing his only Star Wars movie with the prequels, and that he directed the original, right?

Yea, what's your point?

He's not incapable of writing and directing well, frankly. I think your point falls flat.

When I said that, meant for the prequels. Also, he didn't direct Episode 5 and 6.

Irrelevant, and the point still falls flat. He obviously isn't an idiot - otherwise we wouldn't have the series in the first place.

Be grateful.

I'm grateful. I really enjoyed the prequels, but I'm disappointed that Lucas did such a horrendous job with the script. It really was the downfall of the movies.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k