Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Harry Potter

lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:07:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Edward doesnt die?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:16:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?

Crap plot. Annoying in almost ALL cases... The spells? Ugh. The costumes, people and overall setting of the movie? Irritating at best. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't stand it. It's one of the few things that I will ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch or read.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 11:13:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 10:16:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?

Crap plot. Annoying in almost ALL cases... The spells? Ugh. The costumes, people and overall setting of the movie? Irritating at best. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't stand it. It's one of the few things that I will ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch or read.

Hun, we aren't talking about Twilight.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 4:34:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Harry Potter is infinately superior to Twilight.

I really enjoyed the progress JKR made with the characters throughout the Harry Potter series. It's definately a series that got better as it went along. The seventh book was brilliant. I think she might have rushed the Epilogue a tad or written it as an after-thought, It was still good though.

Twilight however was pretty much laughable. 80% of the last book was flat out ridiculous, even set in the world it was set in. Bella and Edwards half-vampire baby Reneesmee or whatever it's stupid name was moronic.

I've read both. I read all the Twilight books once and I've seen the first and third movie. I'd go as far as to say the third movie was much better than the book. The way the vampires smashed like glass was very cool.

I've read all the Harry Potter books multiple times and seen all the movies multiple times. I was and still am quite annoyed they've made the last movie in two parts. For double ticket price it better be fvcking good, especially the first part. The second part is when all the exciting stuff (Malfoy manor, the bank escape, the final battle...) happens.

That's my 3 cents anyway.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 7:50:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 4:34:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Harry Potter is infinately superior to Twilight.

Agreed <3

I really enjoyed the progress JKR made with the characters throughout the Harry Potter series. It's definately a series that got better as it went along. The seventh book was brilliant. I think she might have rushed the Epilogue a tad or written it as an after-thought, It was still good though.

I agree, I didn't much like that kid's name like Albus Severess Potter or wtf-ever tho.

Twilight however was pretty much laughable. 80% of the last book was flat out ridiculous, even set in the world it was set in. Bella and Edwards half-vampire baby Reneesmee or whatever it's stupid name was moronic.

They involved a teenage dogboy being in love with the 2 minute old baby of the teenage girl he wanted to fvck throughout the whole story. It it condones pedophilia, necrophilia, and beastiality, not to mention general sluttiness, seeking guys that are "hot" and rich, over those that are true and stay by your side. The morality wasn't even good!

I've read both.

I must sadly also state that that is true for me as well.

I read all the Twilight books once and I've seen the first and third movie.

I on;y saw the first one and wanted to kill myself for that.

I'd go as far as to say the third movie was much better than the book. The way the vampires smashed like glass was very cool.

What? The third thought about being decent? I still wont waste my money on it.
Also I read HP series every year since I was like 7 (with however many were out, and everytime a new one came I would re-read again, and also watch all the movies that were out...)

I've read all the Harry Potter books multiple times and seen all the movies multiple times.

So have I xD It never gets old.

I was and still am quite annoyed they've made the last movie in two parts.

Actually I haven't watched all of 6, or any of 7. I think two parts would be better, that way it wont turn into 5 again where it didn't have enough detail and just focussed on swirling scenes. It wouldn't make much sense if I hadn't read the books. I'm annoyed they kept out the other house elf most of it, and I hate how she killed off so many characters for no good reason.

For double ticket price it better be fvcking good, especially the first part. The second part is when all the exciting stuff (Malfoy manor, the bank escape, the final battle...) happens.

Lol, its Harry Potter, there's very little they could screw up xD

That's my 3 cents anyway.

haha I like your 3 cents on this issue.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 8:49:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO

I do believe the books were better, the movies even cut out main characters. However the movies have one selling point YOU CAN WATCH EDWARD DIE!!! And another reason I watch them is its the only series I can watch with my grandma for hours upon hours without her getting bored, or disgusted. She really loves them actually.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 8:57:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO

I can't help but disagree....I'm not saying the series was great, but I don't think you understand what kind of movies qualify as the worst ever made. I think I'd categorize Harry Potter as "meh"

Look no further than Uwe Boll.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 9:43:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO

I thought the first two were perfectly done. They were faithful to the books and the casting was absolutely perfect. The only bad thing I have to say about the Harry Potter movies was the 'werewolf' in the third one was a complete disaster. And Michael Gambon as Dumbledore is pretty terrible. Otherwise, I thought they were all amazing.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2010 10:17:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 9:43:19 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO


I thought the first two were perfectly done. They were faithful to the books and the casting was absolutely perfect. The only bad thing I have to say about the Harry Potter movies was the 'werewolf' in the third one was a complete disaster. And Michael Gambon as Dumbledore is pretty terrible. Otherwise, I thought they were all amazing.

Oh really?
What happened to the other house elf in book two? I was pretty sure she WAS MAJOR, and just left out, which really screwed up the ending.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 6:19:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 8:49:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO

I do believe the books were better, the movies even cut out main characters.
However the movies have one selling point YOU CAN WATCH EDWARD DIE!!!

I actually gasped when he died. Come on, in HP, he was actually sweet. Specially when he put his name in the goblet. I can understand why you would say that about Edward, he did look a little constipated, but in HP, not so much.

And another reason I watch them is its the only series I can watch with my grandma for hours upon hours without her getting bored, or disgusted. She really loves them actually.

Yeah, HP movies are actually Universal, i can't even dream of watching Twilight with my dad.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 6:39:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 6:19:01 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 10/17/2010 8:49:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO

I do believe the books were better, the movies even cut out main characters.
However the movies have one selling point YOU CAN WATCH EDWARD DIE!!!

I know :)

I actually gasped when he died. Come on, in HP, he was actually sweet. Specially when he put his name in the goblet. I can understand why you would say that about Edward, he did look a little constipated, but in HP, not so much.

I cried until I saw that f@g on twilight now I laugh every time

http://jerzyydrew.blog.friendster.com...

Yeah, bit of a difference, the one on the right looks like a douche.

And another reason I watch them is its the only series I can watch with my grandma for hours upon hours without her getting bored, or disgusted. She really loves them actually.

Yeah, HP movies are actually Universal, i can't even dream of watching Twilight with my dad.

Lol and thats a great selling point for HP.
Plus it doesn't make pre-teen girls decide they want guys to break into their room and watch them while they sleep, run off for a while but still know whats going on with her. Or decide that since they are just human girls they have to let some ugly guy make all their choices for them like "Okay, you will love that guy, I will get you all these presents you didn't want and then take them back when thats all you had to hold on to and I'm gunna try and force you to have an abortion" <---none of that makes for good relationships. At least not to me, and girls make guys watch it, and then they think that thats what girls want! And then I end up having to pay for it from guys thinking they need to dress up in body glitter, sneak through my window and watch me sleep in my underwear all night (if I remember right thats how Bella sleeps I have tried to get those nasty books out of my head tho)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 8:04:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
my two cents:

Rob Pattinson was decent in HP4

Rob Pattinson was HORRID in twilight saga... he completely killed any liking I had left for the series
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 9:11:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 8:04:49 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
my two cents:

Rob Pattinson was decent in HP4

Rob Pattinson was HORRID in twilight saga... he completely killed any liking I had left for the series

Amen to that.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 12:25:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/17/2010 9:43:19 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 10/17/2010 8:25:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
The movies failed in all aspects.

They were horribly made, horribly scripted, and horribly set. Not to mention the camera work was very sketchy.

I can't stand the Harry Potter movies because they are without a doubt some of the worst movies ever made IMO


I thought the first two were perfectly done. They were faithful to the books and the casting was absolutely perfect. The only bad thing I have to say about the Harry Potter movies was the 'werewolf' in the third one was a complete disaster. And Michael Gambon as Dumbledore is pretty terrible. Otherwise, I thought they were all amazing.

See I am mainly talking about the extreme technical aspects of the movie.

Lighting was bad
Camera work/angles was bad
Sound was bad
Effects were bad
Minor screw ups (having something be somewhere it shouldn't) were abundant

Just overall their are very, very many things that the movies did wrong.

Although I may have exaggerated when I said worst ever. That without a doubt goes to Battlefield Earth. I swear that movie was made with windows movie maker.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 2:54:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 12:25:27 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Although I may have exaggerated when I said worst ever. That without a doubt goes to Battlefield Earth. I swear that movie was made with windows movie maker.

There is a movie I keep mentioning called The Room.
PLEASE watch it.
It is without a doubt the WORST movie ever made, however it's so bad that it's often hilarious. After watching it you'll be like "I just wasted an hour and a half of my life."
Seriously, roll a fat joint and watch it.
Now!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 3:02:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 2:54:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/18/2010 12:25:27 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Although I may have exaggerated when I said worst ever. That without a doubt goes to Battlefield Earth. I swear that movie was made with windows movie maker.

There is a movie I keep mentioning called The Room.
PLEASE watch it.
It is without a doubt the WORST movie ever made, however it's so bad that it's often hilarious. After watching it you'll be like "I just wasted an hour and a half of my life."
Seriously, roll a fat joint and watch it.
Now!

I have watched the room. It's fvcking hilarious. I saw it about 4 months ago and it is an amazing movie. But yeah it was made pretty bad. But it was amazing.

oh hai mark
lisa you are tearing me apaart.

Battlefield earth on the other hand is just down right bad.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 3:35:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 3:02:59 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 10/18/2010 2:54:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/18/2010 12:25:27 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Although I may have exaggerated when I said worst ever. That without a doubt goes to Battlefield Earth. I swear that movie was made with windows movie maker.

There is a movie I keep mentioning called The Room.
PLEASE watch it.
It is without a doubt the WORST movie ever made, however it's so bad that it's often hilarious. After watching it you'll be like "I just wasted an hour and a half of my life."
Seriously, roll a fat joint and watch it.
Now!

I have watched the room. It's fvcking hilarious. I saw it about 4 months ago and it is an amazing movie. But yeah it was made pretty bad. But it was amazing.

oh hai mark
lisa you are tearing me apaart.

Battlefield earth on the other hand is just down right bad.

ROFL@oh hai mark.
http://www.newgrounds.com...
I present to you... The Room: The Game
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 4:34:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 11:13:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:16:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?

Crap plot. Annoying in almost ALL cases... The spells? Ugh. The costumes, people and overall setting of the movie? Irritating at best. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't stand it. It's one of the few things that I will ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch or read.

Hun, we aren't talking about Twilight.

Harry Potter is equal in horribleness to Twilight, in my opinion. I can't see or read either of them without wanting to commit Seppuku.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 4:50:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 4:34:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 11:13:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:16:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?

Crap plot. Annoying in almost ALL cases... The spells? Ugh. The costumes, people and overall setting of the movie? Irritating at best. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't stand it. It's one of the few things that I will ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch or read.

Hun, we aren't talking about Twilight.

Harry Potter is equal in horribleness to Twilight, in my opinion. I can't see or read either of them without wanting to commit Seppuku.

Fair enough. Which Harry Potter books have you actually attempted to read?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 4:54:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 4:50:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/18/2010 4:34:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 11:13:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:16:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:14:12 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:08:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 10:06:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
Okay I realize that derailed the sign ups, so Ann, are you opposed to even seeing edward and his sparkly pixie self die?

Of course not. Edward deserves to be killed and I would watch it. However, if Harry comes in and I have the gagging reflex again, I will turn it off. I want to see Edward perish but not at the expense of my internal organs or health.

Lol, why hate it so much?

Crap plot. Annoying in almost ALL cases... The spells? Ugh. The costumes, people and overall setting of the movie? Irritating at best. I'm not kidding when I say that I can't stand it. It's one of the few things that I will ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch or read.

Hun, we aren't talking about Twilight.

Harry Potter is equal in horribleness to Twilight, in my opinion. I can't see or read either of them without wanting to commit Seppuku.

Fair enough. Which Harry Potter books have you actually attempted to read?

I tried reading the first one and then my sister made me read two chapters of the fifth one I think... Both times were painful for me. :/
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 5:07:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I strongly believe that one should be informed about something before giving their opinion, which is why I rarely post in the Politics forum and increasingly rarely post in the Religion forum except where people are asking for opinions.

If you're basing your opinion on Harry Potter on the first book and two chapters of the fifth book, then you're willfully uninformed. :)
I read the Twilight books for this exact reason. I have no interest in stupid Vampire/Human romances, BUT I don't want to be one of these people screaming about how sh!t it is and getting asked the simple question "Have you actually read it?" and thus looking quite silly.

Now if you don't want to read Harry Potter that's fine. You may not be interested. You may not want to count yourself among the masses. (I, for instance have never watched Grease simply so that I can say that I've never watched Grease. :D) You may genuinely be allergic to JKR's writing style.

BUT HARRY POTTER IS AWESOME, SO SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 5:45:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 5:07:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I strongly believe that one should be informed about something before giving their opinion, which is why I rarely post in the Politics forum and increasingly rarely post in the Religion forum except where people are asking for opinions.

If you're basing your opinion on Harry Potter on the first book and two chapters of the fifth book, then you're willfully uninformed. :)

I agree.

I read the Twilight books for this exact reason. I have no interest in stupid Vampire/Human romances, BUT I don't want to be one of these people screaming about how sh!t it is and getting asked the simple question "Have you actually read it?" and thus looking quite silly.

That's often good to do, but with Justin Beiber all I have to do is look at how EVERY ONE of his fans types. (will provide samples and links if you think I'm exagerating)

Now if you don't want to read Harry Potter that's fine. You may not be interested. You may not want to count yourself among the masses. (I, for instance have never watched Grease simply so that I can say that I've never watched Grease. :D) You may genuinely be allergic to JKR's writing style.

Lol I watched grease, but retained nothing. It was prolly sh!t anyway.

BUT HARRY POTTER IS AWESOME, SO SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellz yeah.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 5:57:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
That's often good to do, but with Justin Beiber all I have to do is look at how EVERY ONE of his fans types. (will provide samples and links if you think I'm exagerating)

You're more in the Justin Beiber demographic than I am. ;)
However, from the little I've seen I'd say he is quite talented at the specific type of music that he produces.

I'll stick with what I like though.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 6:01:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 2:54:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/18/2010 12:25:27 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Although I may have exaggerated when I said worst ever. That without a doubt goes to Battlefield Earth. I swear that movie was made with windows movie maker.

There is a movie I keep mentioning called The Room.
PLEASE watch it.
It is without a doubt the WORST movie ever made, however it's so bad that it's often hilarious. After watching it you'll be like "I just wasted an hour and a half of my life."
Seriously, roll a fat joint and watch it.
Now!

No.
We've watched The Room, B: Earth, Troll 2, and several other bad movies.
The Room was awesome, I loved it.
B:Earth was so goddamm boring that we turned it off.
I don't even know wtf it was about...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 6:09:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 6:01:37 PM, zGodMode wrote:
No.
We've watched The Room, B: Earth, Troll 2, and several other bad movies.
The Room was awesome, I loved it.
B:Earth was so goddamm boring that we turned it off.
I don't even know wtf it was about...

The Room is the worst movie ever made because the reasons it is good are completely unintentional.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 7:00:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/18/2010 5:07:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I strongly believe that one should be informed about something before giving their opinion, which is why I rarely post in the Politics forum and increasingly rarely post in the Religion forum except where people are asking for opinions.

I'm misinformed because I couldn't stand the plot, writing style or the representation of her ideas in the movie? How so?

If you're basing your opinion on Harry Potter on the first book and two chapters of the fifth book, then you're willfully uninformed. :)

I disagree. I can read the first full book and gauge her writing capabilities and style. If I cannot stand them, I will put it down. I can understand the plot from the first book. And If I can't stand it, I will put down the book. I am not 'uninformed' but rather not willing to subject myself to reading a HUGE series just to say I did, when there are countless other books and series I want to read. I don't have the time nor the patience to do so.

I read the Twilight books for this exact reason. I have no interest in stupid Vampire/Human romances, BUT I don't want to be one of these people screaming about how sh!t it is and getting asked the simple question "Have you actually read it?" and thus looking quite silly.

That's your way of doing it, and that's great. But I read a lot and have a HUGE reading list. I'm not going to waste my time on a series I genuinely despised from the very first book/movie. That makes me silly?

Now if you don't want to read Harry Potter that's fine. You may not be interested. You may not want to count yourself among the masses. (I, for instance have never watched Grease simply so that I can say that I've never watched Grease. :D) You may genuinely be allergic to JKR's writing style.

I am. I can't stand the entire thing. But to say I am silly and uninformed because I didn't read the entire series is a little harsh...

BUT HARRY POTTER IS AWESOME, SO SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to me.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.