Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Writer's Union -- Training Program

donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
{ ---- Introduction ---- }

Due to the decline in Fanfictions and other DDO stories, we are doing a training program.

If you wish to become a better Fanfiction writer, or just learn better storytelling in general, you can sign up here. The program will offer classes on how to create stories formatted for the forums (Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

{ ---- Benefits of Joining ---- }

The Writer's Union will work to get your stories noticed. Such methods include advertising among each other, tie-ins with other elements and features of DDO, and Prizes (of course.)

A competition will be held among the trainees... Everyone will write their fanfiction, and after a month or 2, depending on how quick the trainees post their stories, a poll will be held to see which story was the best.

The Prize for winning the poll will be a $25 Amazon giftcard (or $25 worth in prizes if the winner chooses, such as games, books, etc...)

Other prizes will be determined.

{ ---- Sign Ups ---- }

Anyone can sign up.
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Other programs the Writer's Union will host include Story-Telling Debates and new Never-Ending Story threads.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 2:03:20 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:
{ ---- Introduction ---- }

Due to the decline in Fanfictions and other DDO stories, we are doing a training program.

If you wish to become a better Fanfiction writer, or just learn better storytelling in general, you can sign up here. The program will offer classes on how to create stories formatted for the forums (Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

{ ---- Benefits of Joining ---- }

The Writer's Union will work to get your stories noticed. Such methods include advertising among each other, tie-ins with other elements and features of DDO, and Prizes (of course.)

A competition will be held among the trainees... Everyone will write their fanfiction, and after a month or 2, depending on how quick the trainees post their stories, a poll will be held to see which story was the best.

The Prize for winning the poll will be a $25 Amazon giftcard (or $25 worth in prizes if the winner chooses, such as games, books, etc...)

Other prizes will be determined.

{ ---- Sign Ups ---- }

Anyone can sign up.
1 - fire_wings
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Other programs the Writer's Union will host include Story-Telling Debates and new Never-Ending Story threads.

Well, I think this will be an intresting idea. I liked all of the fan-fiction ideas, and the stories. Even though my teacher likes my writing, I find my writing very boring. My teacher says it is good, but I am a boring writer. Though I think that fan-fictions are a good idea, and will make the Entertainment and Funny Forum a bit back to life. I think this will be very interesting. /in.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 2:03:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:
{ ---- Introduction ---- }

Due to the decline in Fanfictions and other DDO stories, we are doing a training program.

If you wish to become a better Fanfiction writer, or just learn better storytelling in general, you can sign up here. The program will offer classes on how to create stories formatted for the forums (Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

{ ---- Benefits of Joining ---- }

The Writer's Union will work to get your stories noticed. Such methods include advertising among each other, tie-ins with other elements and features of DDO, and Prizes (of course.)

A competition will be held among the trainees... Everyone will write their fanfiction, and after a month or 2, depending on how quick the trainees post their stories, a poll will be held to see which story was the best.

The Prize for winning the poll will be a $25 Amazon giftcard (or $25 worth in prizes if the winner chooses, such as games, books, etc...)

Other prizes will be determined.

{ ---- Sign Ups ---- }

Anyone can sign up.
1 - fire_wings
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Other programs the Writer's Union will host include Story-Telling Debates and new Never-Ending Story threads.

Well, I think this will be an intresting idea. I liked all of the fan-fiction ideas, and the stories. Even though my teacher likes my writing, I find my writing very boring. My teacher says it is good, but I am a boring writer. Though I think that fan-fictions are a good idea, and will make the Entertainment and Funny Forum a bit back to life. I think this will be very interesting. /in.

Ugh... Not unique.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 2:04:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Sorry for making two posts.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 6:42:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/24/2016 2:04:04 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Sorry for making two posts.

You ready for mentorship? Or would you rather wait a while?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 11:31:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/4/2016 6:42:50 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/24/2016 2:04:04 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Sorry for making two posts.

You ready for mentorship? Or would you rather wait a while?

wait.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 10:24:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

(Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

This is true, lack of indentation is annoying tbh lol. Length isnt an issue, just dang indentation. I would sign up, but my novel I'm writing isn't a fanfiction based on anything. It's an original work lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 10:25:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Plus, my serial novel is being used to do my bit to revive the art forum, soooo xD lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Posts: 146
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 10:35:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Nice idea... Maybe there is a way to make the task seem less daunting for those wanting to learn. It's scary putting some writing out there if you're not happy with it... But it's worth it to get honest feedback
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 12:09:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 10:24:56 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

(Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

This is true, lack of indentation is annoying tbh lol. Length isnt an issue, just dang indentation. I would sign up, but my novel I'm writing isn't a fanfiction based on anything. It's an original work lol

Niether was DDO's Game Over.

You can always make more than one story.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 12:10:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 10:35:44 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
Nice idea... Maybe there is a way to make the task seem less daunting for those wanting to learn. It's scary putting some writing out there if you're not happy with it... But it's worth it to get honest feedback

I agree. It's hard putting your talents and pride out for people to judge.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 12:14:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 12:09:21 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/12/2016 10:24:56 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/22/2016 6:12:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

(Novel formatting, for example, doesn't work here), how large each post should be, how to plan out a season, and more.

This is true, lack of indentation is annoying tbh lol. Length isnt an issue, just dang indentation. I would sign up, but my novel I'm writing isn't a fanfiction based on anything. It's an original work lol

Niether was DDO's Game Over.

You can always make more than one story.

This is true, but two stories at once, especially since the one I'm currently working on will he so extensive, will be quite a load to handle lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 12:16:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 10:35:44 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
Nice idea... Maybe there is a way to make the task seem less daunting for those wanting to learn. It's scary putting some writing out there if you're not happy with it... But it's worth it to get honest feedback

Truth, but from what I've noticed personally, a good critique is hard to come by on DDO lol. We're for the most part all generally too nice to say anything other than pleasantries and encouragement haha
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 11:50:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 4/21/2016 7:13:26 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Sorry for the necro post, but is it too late to /in?

Lol no. Of course, you'd be the only student right now
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 12:21:59 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Does this absolutely have to be in the Entertainment forum? It looks like it would gain more attention on another subforum that's more popular.
Have no regrets.
The_Great_Amalgam
Posts: 1,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 2:50:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 11:50:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2016 7:13:26 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Sorry for the necro post, but is it too late to /in?

Lol no. Of course, you'd be the only student right now

I'd be cool with that :)
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 3:17:10 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
/in

It may be too late, but I'll try anyway!
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 11:59:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/10/2016 11:50:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 4/21/2016 7:13:26 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Sorry for the necro post, but is it too late to /in?

Lol no. Of course, you'd be the only student right now
/in