Jump to topic:

Emotional Entertainment

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:24:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
The DDO public wants to know: What are the shows/games/books/movies/albums/paintings/poems that have given you the most feels in your life?

My top five list would look something like this:
1. Les Miserables (the musical version; I've never actually read the book) - Well, duh. I cried no less than six times.
2. Life is Strange - This is the most emotionally charged video game I have ever played in my life. Without spoiling the plot, I'll just say that I cried three times, but that there is a sort of fundamental beauty in it. Amusingly, it's by a French developer, so both my top spots have gone to the French.
3. Schindler's List - Another duh. It's so peculiar that the ending seems more feels-worthy than the rest of the movie. Maybe it's just because the rest was so depressing that you end up emotionally numbed for most of it.
4. Undertale - Out of the three games here, this is the only one that actually plays like a proper game. Yet, it's so well executed and its mechanics so well thought out that every moment you play it feels like a piece of the story, even when you're not reading dialogue. It can either fill you with monumental determination and optimism, or completely crush your spirit, depending on your actions. Fair warning that this, in terms of people's opinions, is the most polarized piece on the list.
5. To the Moon - I've always been confused about how this game makes me feel. It's an incredibly peaceful and happy game, but I can guarantee that you will cry, perhaps multiple times.

I probably am forgetting something, because emotional experiences tend to get blocked out in one's mind, but the five I listed are all incredible.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:58:47 PM
At 1/27/2016 10:24:29 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The DDO public wants to know: What are the shows/games/books/movies/albums/paintings/poems that have given you the most feels in your life?

1. Les Miserables (the musical version; I've never actually read the book) - Well, duh. I cried no less than six times.
2. Life is Strange - This is the most emotionally charged video game I have ever played in my life. Without spoiling the plot, I'll just say that I cried three times, but that there is a sort of fundamental beauty in it. Amusingly, it's by a French developer, so both my top spots have gone to the French.
3. Schindler's List - Another duh. It's so peculiar that the ending seems more feels-worthy than the rest of the movie. Maybe it's just because the rest was so depressing that you end up emotionally numbed for most of it.
4. Undertale - Out of the three games here, this is the only one that actually plays like a proper game. Yet, it's so well executed and its mechanics so well thought out that every moment you play it feels like a piece of the story, even when you're not reading dialogue. It can either fill you with monumental determination and optimism, or completely crush your spirit, depending on your actions. Fair warning that this, in terms of people's opinions, is the most polarized piece on the list.
5. To the Moon - I've always been confused about how this game makes me feel. It's an incredibly peaceful and happy game, but I can guarantee that you will cry, perhaps multiple times.

I probably am forgetting something, because emotional experiences tend to get blocked out in one's mind, but the five I listed are all incredible.

1: War thunder: It can get intense with the matter of life and death being determined by a fraction of a second. It's sad when a Tiger H1 gets tossed up with the Tiger II(H), IS-2 mod 1944's, Centurions, Caernarvon, and etc and must resort to flanking the enemy since its 162 mm of penetration at 100 m with the 8.8cm Kwk 36 electrically fired gun creates bogus results when fired at the front of most 6.7 battle rated tanks.
2: Schindler's list: Watched it in English II soph. year. Good movie that is shovel equipped to dig out the feels.
3: Undertale: Makes me feel bad for automatically wanting to kill things...
4: Call of duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of duty 2, Call of Duty: World at War, Medal of Honor: Airborne: Multiple feels from kicking some jerry as_ses and watching team mates in the campaign die.
5: Fox and the Hound when I was a young'un: Ending brought out the serious feels hidden deep within my crevices and pores.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:06:21 AM
At 1/27/2016 10:58:47 PM, SamStevens wrote:
5: Fox and the Hound when I was a young'un: Ending brought out the serious feels hidden deep within my crevices and pores.

Oh man, this. I had forgotten about this, but it definitely was a feels train. So was The Secret of NIMH (too bad the second one is one of the worst animated films in existence). Up's beginning was, too. I've heard that Big Hero Six is also feelsy, but I've never seen it.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:21:52 AM
At 1/27/2016 10:24:29 PM, SolonKR wrote:

1. Night, by Elie Wiesel: The clear explanations of Elie's experiences in Auschwitz are horrifying. I'm not one to cry, but I did when his father died.
2.Schindler's List: Literally watched this 2 days ago. It is so grisly and horrible; it made me wonder how anyone could be so evil. The ending is also very bitter-sweet.
3. Unbroken: Powerful. Very powerful. It is a story of resilience and triumph in the face of adversity.
4. Black Beauty: Okay, being honest, I read it when I was like 7 years old. I love animals so much, and when Ginger -- the other main horse-character -- died, I cried.
5. American Sniper, by Chris Kyle: This is the book, not the movie. If you thought the movie was emotional, try reading it.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.