Jump to topic:

Parkour!

annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 4:07:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
One of my favorite things to do around Seattle! Kind of dangerous and hurtful at times... but still VERY FUN. Is anyone else here a traceur/traceuse (someone who partakes in Parkour)?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 4:15:49 PM
At 10/29/2010 4:11:16 PM, Koopin wrote:
Never got the point of it.

"I am going to jump off this tall building and hope I land on that trash can"

That's not it at all.... It's a lot more fun, efficient (and even healthier) to get from point A to point B by running, jumping and climbing. You just have to be careful of WHERE you're jumping. I was on a building yesterday about to jump onto the fire escape across the alley when I realized (mere seconds beforehand) that the fire escape was rusted and would most likely fall off upon impact. But even with that minor scare, it's a lot of fun!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 4:59:07 PM
At 10/29/2010 4:24:37 PM, Koopin wrote:

Haha, I remember seeing that episode a long time ago! Parkour isn't something you can really just start based on a whim... It does require skill.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:13:32 PM
At 10/29/2010 5:06:43 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Are you good, Anne?

Well, I like to think so! Lol

I've broken a couple bones and been arrested a couple times for trespassing but... It's worth it! Today I went downtown with four of my friends and we scaled the tallest building we could find. And then did back flips off of other buildings.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:15:17 PM
the pont of it's that when it all breaks down you've to be able to run away from fellas.. unless you're an animal.. i'm going.. my parting lesson. talk cha!
signature
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:34:01 PM
At 10/29/2010 5:13:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
Are you good, Anne?

I've broken a couple bones and been arrested a couple times for trespassing but... It's worth it! Today I went downtown with four of my friends and we scaled the tallest building we could find. And then did back flips off of other buildings.

I'm pretty sure you're the most awesome person I know ann.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:40:13 PM
At 10/29/2010 5:34:01 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Are you good, Anne?

Aw, thanks tvellalott! You're pretty damn cool yourself! :)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:41:49 PM
At 10/29/2010 5:40:13 PM, annhasle wrote:
Are you good, Anne?

Nah, I'm just a big geek. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 5:45:02 PM
At 10/29/2010 5:41:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/29/2010 5:40:13 PM, annhasle wrote:
Are you good, Anne?

Nah, I'm just a big geek. :P

So am I! I just like adrenaline a lot... Believe me, if I didn't teach Karate and know HOW to pull stunts - I'd probably never do this. And how cares if you're a geek? Geeks are awesome! :D
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:43:03 PM
At 10/29/2010 4:07:43 PM, annhasle wrote:
One of my favorite things to do around Seattle! Kind of dangerous and hurtful at times... but still VERY FUN. Is anyone else here a traceur/traceuse (someone who partakes in Parkour)?

This is really cool. I'd love to be able to do this someday; I'd like to finish the martial arts courses I'm taking now, though. Ann, you just rose 2500+ points in my opinion. :)
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:47:39 PM
At 10/29/2010 8:43:03 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

This is really cool. I'd love to be able to do this someday; I'd like to finish the martial arts courses I'm taking now, though.

You're taking Martial Arts classes? I teach Karate now, after learning Karate for 9 (almost 10) years! What Martial Arts are you currently enrolled in?

Ann, you just rose 2500+ points in my opinion. :)

Aw, thank you! :D
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:53:10 PM
Does running from the cops count? I was pretty good at getting away.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:54:48 PM
At 10/29/2010 8:47:39 PM, annhasle wrote:

This is really cool. I'd love to be able to do this someday; I'd like to finish the martial arts courses I'm taking now, though.

You're taking Martial Arts classes? I teach Karate now, after learning Karate for 9 (almost 10) years! What Martial Arts are you currently enrolled in?

I'm enrolled at a martial arts gym in my town that offers several different branches; I'm taking Akido and Karate right now, was in boxing until I needed the time. I'm a purple belt in karate, still white in Akido, but I'm in both for the long run. You may be familiar with the branch of karate; it's AKR.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:55:10 PM
At 10/29/2010 8:53:10 PM, jharry wrote:
Does running from the cops count? I was pretty good at getting away.

It definitely helps! I mean, *ahem* I wouldn't know...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 9:01:28 PM
At 10/29/2010 8:54:48 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I'm enrolled at a martial arts gym in my town that offers several different branches; I'm taking Akido and Karate right now, was in boxing until I needed the time. I'm a purple belt in karate, still white in Akido, but I'm in both for the long run. You may be familiar with the branch of karate; it's AKR.

Oh, yeah. I taught a couple classes with VERY similar technique to AKR. I also taught kick-boxing for awhile. Sadly, I never got that far in Akido (only got to Purple) but I in (Enshin) Karate, I have a 4th degree Black belt which is reserved only for "Masters" or really, teachers of Karate. Good luck! Martial Arts is AMAZING.... :)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 9:25:08 PM
parkour is beast... simple enough.

Unfortunately I do not posses no where near the ability to do this... :(
Have almost broken my arm jumping from a roof to trampoline :/

meh not as bad as zgod though, he's jumped off a roof onto the ground and fallen backwards... no roll or anything just... splat

Ann you are CRAZY SICK in my book for being able to do that
and crazy sick is pretty high on the scale, right above awesome fo sho and right below GOD, lol
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 9:30:30 PM
At 10/29/2010 9:25:08 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
parkour is beast... simple enough.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately I do not posses no where near the ability to do this... :(
Have almost broken my arm jumping from a roof to trampoline :/

It takes practice! My first time I went crashing through the front windshield of a car after jumping off a balcony... But it does get easier. Just squash your initial fear and FLY! Lol

meh not as bad as zgod though, he's jumped off a roof onto the ground and fallen backwards... no roll or anything just... splat

ROFL Oh, I shouldn't laugh at that... My friend decided that he would jump on a MOVING car today and nearly killed himself. :shakes head: Whatta moron...

Ann you are CRAZY SICK in my book for being able to do that
and crazy sick is pretty high on the scale, right above awesome fo sho and right below GOD, lol

LOL Why, thanks dark! I would upload some pretty sick videos but my friend has my video camera!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 11:17:39 PM
I used to know some parkour guys, never really appealed to me, but its very impressive stuff.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 11:19:25 PM
At 10/29/2010 4:15:49 PM, annhasle wrote:

That's not it at all.... It's a lot more fun, efficient (and even healthier) to get from point A to point B by running, jumping and climbing. You just have to be careful of WHERE you're jumping. I was on a building yesterday about to jump onto the fire escape across the alley when I realized (mere seconds beforehand) that the fire escape was rusted and would most likely fall off upon impact. But even with that minor scare, it's a lot of fun!

Just reading that has made me sweat. Some of us are better designed to waddle and trundle.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 2:28:28 PM
At 10/29/2010 11:19:25 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Just reading that has made me sweat. Some of us are better designed to waddle and trundle.

Haha then you can waddle C_N.

I'm still trying to perfect the art of jumping on moving vehicles. I can jump on a semi (a lorry) no problem or a truck but a car is more difficult... Practice makes perfect though! Lol
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 11:39:41 PM
At 10/30/2010 2:28:28 PM, annhasle wrote:

I'm still trying to perfect the art of jumping on moving vehicles. I can jump on a semi

Someone always has to lower the tone.
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 11:41:34 PM
At 10/29/2010 8:54:48 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

my two fav martial arts
i do karate and i've always wanted to do aikido
a friend of mine does aikido and we excahnge different moves
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 11:51:49 PM
At 10/30/2010 11:39:41 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/30/2010 2:28:28 PM, annhasle wrote:

I'm still trying to perfect the art of jumping on moving vehicles. I can jump on a semi

Someone always has to lower the tone.

Good thing you're here, then. I'm always the crazy one in the group... Lol :)

Am I seriously the only one on this site who pulls stunts like these? Does anyone else do Parkour or is it just me....?