Jump to topic:

Marvel's (possible) New Direction?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:44:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
We see Marvel making new movies not necessarily attached to The Avengers, and the chances that Infinity Wars will be the last Avengers movie. So, what is after that?

Well, we know that Dr. Strange is confirmed to come out.
It has been rumored for a while that Wesley Snipes has been talking with Marvel about a new Blade movie.
There are also the occasional rumors that there will be a Ghost Rider reboot.

The new Blade movie(s) could easily introduce the Nightstalkers (Blade, Frank Drake and Hannibal King).
The new Ghost Rider movie(s) could introduce Johnny Blaze and Daniel Ketch.

All that would be missing for the new "Avengers" type movie are:
Morbius (which wouldn't be too hard to introduce), and the Darkhold Redeemers (probably would have to get their own movie).

If all these characters are introduced/movies made, then it might be conceivable that Marvel is planning a Midnight Sons movie for when Avengers is over.
I, for one, would love to see a Midnight Sons movie.
The only reason I hear that Marvel wouldn't do this is because the characters are all part of the darker side of the MCU, but I don't think that is necessarily a problem.

So, some questions:
Do you think that a new Blade movie will be made?
Do you think that Ghost Rider will get a reboot?
Do you think that Marvel might build up to a Midnight Sons movie?
What direction do you think the MCU is headed?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:49:29 PM
I think audiences are going to get tired and burned out of superhero movies in the next year or two. My guess as to what the next fad is going to be? Video game movies.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:54:06 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:44:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:

So, some questions:
1) Do you think that a new Blade movie will be made?
2) Do you think that Ghost Rider will get a reboot?
3) Do you think that Marvel might build up to a Midnight Sons movie?
4) What direction do you think the MCU is headed?

1) I don't see why not. I wanna say Blade had 3 movies originally? They were mildly successful but I don't think I'd want Wesley Snipes at the helm again.

2) It should. The first movie was terrible, the second movie was a step up from that. He's a very interesting character when done right.

3) Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Midnight Sons.

4) It's a powerhouse right now with no signs of slowing down. Just expect even more from them.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:58:28 PM
I went and looked up Midnight Sons and I don't get the impression Marvel is going for them. If Marvel is shooting for something like that they would be rebooting Blade and Ghost Rider, none of which they've announced. I don't think any of those movies were mentioned in their line-up reaching out to 2019 either.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:11:34 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:58:28 PM, TheFlex wrote:
I went and looked up Midnight Sons and I don't get the impression Marvel is going for them. If Marvel is shooting for something like that they would be rebooting Blade and Ghost Rider, none of which they've announced. I don't think any of those movies were mentioned in their line-up reaching out to 2019 either.

Well, Dr. Strange is coming out later this year, and he is a major part (founder, keeps it held together, etc.) of the Midnight Sons (despite not actually being a member). I think that Marvel is waiting to see how well Dr. Strange does before they ultimately decide on this course (as they are already talking about another Blade and rumored to be talking about Ghost Rider).
I think that if Dr. Strange does really well, they will either make a new Blade or new Ghost Rider. How well that one does depends on if they take this direction.
#WarOnDDO
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:28:40 PM
At 2/3/2016 6:11:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Well, Dr. Strange is coming out later this year, and he is a major part (founder, keeps it held together, etc.) of the Midnight Sons (despite not actually being a member). I think that Marvel is waiting to see how well Dr. Strange does before they ultimately decide on this course (as they are already talking about another Blade and rumored to be talking about Ghost Rider).
I think that if Dr. Strange does really well, they will either make a new Blade or new Ghost Rider. How well that one does depends on if they take this direction.

I don't see Dr. Strange being wildly successful like their other movies. Kind of like Ant-man. But I thought the same about Guardians of the Galaxy and that completely took me by surprise. It's one of my all time favorite movies and I thought it would just be another run of mill, sci-fi, action movie.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 8:08:38 PM
At 2/3/2016 7:28:40 PM, TheFlex wrote:

I don't see Dr. Strange being wildly successful like their other movies. Kind of like Ant-man. But I thought the same about Guardians of the Galaxy and that completely took me by surprise. It's one of my all time favorite movies and I thought it would just be another run of mill, sci-fi, action movie.

I think that if people go into Dr. Strange expecting a Super Hero movie like the others, they will be disappointed. If they go in with an open mind about the character and plot, they will love it. That is just my guess at this point, but it is how I see it happening.
#WarOnDDO
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 8:18:42 PM
At 2/3/2016 8:08:38 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 2/3/2016 7:28:40 PM, TheFlex wrote:

I think that if people go into Dr. Strange expecting a Super Hero movie like the others, they will be disappointed. If they go in with an open mind about the character and plot, they will love it. That is just my guess at this point, but it is how I see it happening.
I'm surprised, both DC and Marvel, are formally introducing actual magic (and not just a science explanation, like that did with Scarlet Witch) to their cinematic universes.