Jump to topic:

Most reality TV is sadistic...

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 2:07:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well, I tend to agree. Most people watch for the Drama and craziness. But I don't think that they watch it because they enjoy seeing lives fall apart, per se, but that it reminds them that their own lives are not so bad or extreme, that others have it worse.

That's my opinion, at least.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 2:30:34 PM
At 11/4/2010 2:07:54 PM, OreEle wrote:
Well, I tend to agree. Most people watch for the Drama and craziness. But I don't think that they watch it because they enjoy seeing lives fall apart, per se, but that it reminds them that their own lives are not so bad or extreme, that others have it worse.

On another note, I believe that the more people see this stuff, the more it seems normal and acceptable. Meanwhile, It really is wrong, but people don't care so long as they get on TV. Quite a sad state of affairs, and I am just as much to blame because I have watched some of these shows.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 4:42:18 PM
At 11/4/2010 2:30:34 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 11/4/2010 2:07:54 PM, OreEle wrote:

On another note, I believe that the more people see this stuff, the more it seems normal and acceptable. Meanwhile, It really is wrong, but people don't care so long as they get on TV. Quite a sad state of affairs, and I am just as much to blame because I have watched some of these shows.

Peronsally, I never watch them because I can't stand the people that are on them. I still love re-runs of Boy Meets World.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 12:56:17 AM
sa·dism (sdzm, sdz-)
n.
1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

....ya, pretty much
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord