Jump to topic:

YouTube copyright system

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 3:47:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wanted to know what you guys thought of the current copyright system on YouTube (I personally think it needs some major work...)

Why do I not like it? Well, personally, it hasn't really done anything against me, as I don't really upload anything, but I've seen other people, friends even, struggle with it.

Here's a video about the copyright system, and part of what got me interested in it as of late. https://www.youtube.com...

Now, don't get me wrong, the copyright system shouldn't go away. There is actual copyrighted material out there, whether it be stolen or misused, whether on purpose or on accident. Material that is actually stolen without permission can be flagged as copyright, but a lot of videos that are flagged as copyright actually aren't breaking any rules or infringing copyright.

So what do you guys think about it? I can go into more detail about it, but the video should explain a lot of that (assuming anyone watches it)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:08:23 AM
At 3/14/2016 3:47:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I wanted to know what you guys thought of the current copyright system on YouTube (I personally think it needs some major work...)

Why do I not like it? Well, personally, it hasn't really done anything against me, as I don't really upload anything, but I've seen other people, friends even, struggle with it.

Here's a video about the copyright system, and part of what got me interested in it as of late. https://www.youtube.com...

Now, don't get me wrong, the copyright system shouldn't go away. There is actual copyrighted material out there, whether it be stolen or misused, whether on purpose or on accident. Material that is actually stolen without permission can be flagged as copyright, but a lot of videos that are flagged as copyright actually aren't breaking any rules or infringing copyright.

So what do you guys think about it? I can go into more detail about it, but the video should explain a lot of that (assuming anyone watches it)

Copyrights are too strict in my opinion. But thats an uneducated opinion, I haven;t researched it.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:04:48 PM
At 3/15/2016 4:08:23 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/14/2016 3:47:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Copyrights are too strict in my opinion. But thats an uneducated opinion, I haven;t researched it.

The way I see it, they just need to change how the copyright rules and punishments go on YouTube. I've seen music artists have their original content get removed or get a strike against their channel.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya