Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Movie Trailers: 2011

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Go here and have a look at some trailers for upcoming movies: http://www.brobible.com...

I'm doing a little ranking of them:

Must See:
Your Highness - Looks freaking hilarious plus it's set in medieval times. Natalie Portman is looking very nice.
The Mechanic - Remake of an awesome Bronson movie plus Jason Statham.
The Green Lantern - I'm a Marfel fan. Therefore this movie gets an auto-hit from me. However, the animation looks lacking from the trailer.
Battle: Los Angeles 2010 - Full scale battle with an alien species plus an intriguing trailer. Sounds like an Austin kind of film.

Likely See:
Sucker Punch - From the people who brought you 300 and Watchmen plus t features a cast comprised almost entirely of attractive women. Yes, I will probably see this film.
Season of the Witch - Nic Cage and Ron Perlman are actors I enjoy and the film has a premise that is interesting to say the least.

Probably Won't See:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Narnia has been cinematic quality, but my parents like the movies and will likely purchase it. No need to see in theaters.
The Eagle - I think I've seen this movie before about 10 times...

Will Not be Seeing Unless Somebody Else Pays:
Red Riding Hood - "From the makers of Twilight;" need I say more?
Kung Fu Panda 2 - First one was meh, no interest at all seeing a sequel
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What about Captain America?
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:13:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
What about Captain America?

Trailer wasn't on there. Although, I will be seeing it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:20:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:13:56 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
What about Captain America?

Trailer wasn't on there. Although, I will be seeing it.

As will I. I'm not sure I appreciate the actor choice though. Chris Evans is already the human torch, and I see him as more comedic. Captain America is a war hero.

My list looks a lot like yours. I'm sickened by the red riding hood movie. Almost as odd of a choice as the new spiderman being directed by the director of 500 days of summer.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:34:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:20:45 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:13:56 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
What about Captain America?

Trailer wasn't on there. Although, I will be seeing it.

As will I. I'm not sure I appreciate the actor choice though. Chris Evans is already the human torch, and I see him as more comedic. Captain America is a war hero.

Not to mention the fact that The Human Torch and Captain America are both Avengers...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:41:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:34:18 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:20:45 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:13:56 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
What about Captain America?

Trailer wasn't on there. Although, I will be seeing it.

As will I. I'm not sure I appreciate the actor choice though. Chris Evans is already the human torch, and I see him as more comedic. Captain America is a war hero.

Not to mention the fact that The Human Torch and Captain America are both Avengers...

I think the Avengers will include: Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, and Iron Man

and for some idiotic reason, Edward Norton wont be the Hulk in The Avengers.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 2:04:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'll probably end up seeing all of them, or at least most of them since I don't even have to pay anything to see movies if I go with my friend. If they suck at least I know I didn't have to waste any money.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:06:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/18/2010 2:04:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'll probably end up seeing all of them, or at least most of them since I don't even have to pay anything to see movies if I go with my friend. If they suck at least I know I didn't have to waste any money.

Online streaming ftw!
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:07:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:

Probably Won't See:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Narnia has been cinematic quality, but my parents like the movies and will likely purchase it. No need to see in theaters.

Boo.

Koopin has read all the books, and seen all the movies (new and old).
He is going to the midnight showing.
kfc
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:11:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:20:45 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
Chris Evans is already the human torch

Different licensing though. Fox owns the rights to the Fantastic 4 movie franchise, including, very unfortunately, The Silver Surfer. Captain America however is a Marvel production.

On a side note, Marvel is working on something related to it's Cosmic story arcs, which is good, since it's one of the rare saving graces Marvel has atm. :P
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:16:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
Season of the Witch - Nic Cage and Ron Perlman are actors I enjoy and the film has a premise that is interesting to say the least.

On the other hand, it has Nicholas Cage in it. :P
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:18:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/19/2010 3:07:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:

Probably Won't See:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Narnia has been cinematic quality, but my parents like the movies and will likely purchase it. No need to see in theaters.


Boo.

Koopin has read all the books, and seen all the movies (new and old).
He is going to the midnight showing.

BBC (UK) produced a Chronicles of Narnia series set made for television. It may be worth checking out, though it's somewhat aged.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(TV_serial)
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 1:22:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/19/2010 11:18:38 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/19/2010 3:07:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:

Probably Won't See:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Narnia has been cinematic quality, but my parents like the movies and will likely purchase it. No need to see in theaters.


Boo.

Koopin has read all the books, and seen all the movies (new and old).
He is going to the midnight showing.

BBC (UK) produced a Chronicles of Narnia series set made for television. It may be worth checking out, though it's somewhat aged.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(TV_serial)

Yeah I know. I have seen them all.
kfc
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 2:13:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/19/2010 11:16:00 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
Season of the Witch - Nic Cage and Ron Perlman are actors I enjoy and the film has a premise that is interesting to say the least.

On the other hand, it has Nicholas Cage in it. :P

Yeah..I'm not a Nicolas Cage fan. he has some other awful 3d movie coming out. "Drive Angry"
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 1:03:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/19/2010 3:06:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/18/2010 2:04:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'll probably end up seeing all of them, or at least most of them since I don't even have to pay anything to see movies if I go with my friend. If they suck at least I know I didn't have to waste any money.

Online streaming ftw!

Nah, I'd rather not kill my computer.
wush
Posts: 330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 2:31:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/19/2010 3:07:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:

Probably Won't See:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Narnia has been cinematic quality, but my parents like the movies and will likely purchase it. No need to see in theaters.


Boo.

Koopin has read all the books, and seen all the movies (new and old).
He is going to the midnight showing.

old is superior to new
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 7:38:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/21/2010 1:03:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/19/2010 3:06:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/18/2010 2:04:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'll probably end up seeing all of them, or at least most of them since I don't even have to pay anything to see movies if I go with my friend. If they suck at least I know I didn't have to waste any money.

Online streaming ftw!

Nah, I'd rather not kill my computer.

INH, don't fall for the corporate lie that online streaming is dangerous.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 3:43:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/21/2010 7:38:18 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/21/2010 1:03:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/19/2010 3:06:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/18/2010 2:04:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'll probably end up seeing all of them, or at least most of them since I don't even have to pay anything to see movies if I go with my friend. If they suck at least I know I didn't have to waste any money.

Online streaming ftw!

Nah, I'd rather not kill my computer.

INH, don't fall for the corporate lie that online streaming is dangerous.

Why would I even bother though when I can watch movies for free anyway?
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 5:28:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/21/2010 3:43:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Why would I even bother though when I can watch movies for free anyway?

Howzat?
kfc
BillBonJovi
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 2:52:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Other films in 2011 to see are:

Conan
The Thing
Paranormal Activity 3
X-Men: First Class
Build a man a fire, and he will be warn for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 11:07:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/21/2010 5:28:46 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/21/2010 3:43:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Why would I even bother though when I can watch movies for free anyway?

Howzat?

;)
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 9:15:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 10:41:47 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:34:18 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:20:45 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:13:56 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/17/2010 10:12:39 PM, Sobriquet wrote:
What about Captain America?

Trailer wasn't on there. Although, I will be seeing it.

As will I. I'm not sure I appreciate the actor choice though. Chris Evans is already the human torch, and I see him as more comedic. Captain America is a war hero.

Not to mention the fact that The Human Torch and Captain America are both Avengers...

I think the Avengers will include: Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, and Iron Man

and for some idiotic reason, Edward Norton wont be the Hulk in The Avengers.
Don Cheadle will also be in The Avengers movie, so WarMachine might be in it too. As for hulk he will be played by Mark Ruffalo. Marvel would really give me a hard on if they added Wolverine to the Avengers
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive