Jump to topic:

Favorite Bands/Solo Artists

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 6:18:28 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Yes, I'm aware that many people (myself included) have filled out the favorite music thing on the profile page, but I want to know your favorite music, why you like it, and how you discovered it. I hope to spark discussion and maybe even find new music. Also for a bonus you can put your favorite song of all time. I'll post right after this one. Thanks.

(If you post a favorite song it'd be nice to have a link to it.)
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 6:47:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Here are my favorites.

Queen - This isn't a surprise to any of my friends on the site. I rave about Queen and Freddie Mercury on my profile. In fact, Queen is my favorite band of all time. I discovered Queen when I was about thirteen through the movie Shaun of the Dead. There is a certain scene where 'Don't Stop Me Now' plays in the Winchester bar towards the end of the movie. Anyway, my curiosity peaked and then I decided to listen to it over and over again on YouTube. Then, I stumbled upon 'Somebody to Love' and Freddie Mercury strutting around the stage in a one-piece leotard. It's absolutely glorious. I just listened to more and more from then on. Now I'll just start singing Queen in regular conversation as my friends watch in horror, confusion, and gratitude.

David Bowie - Like Queen, I also mention David Bowie on the list on my profile. He's basically second on my list of the most fabulous men to walk the face of the Earth. (First is Freddie Mercury.) Any who, I came across him from the 80s movie Labyrinth when I was about eleven. To be honest, he's the best thing about that movie. Then, when I was fourteen, I discovered his music. I can't even summarize the absolute joy I was in when I found out that he had a song with Queen. (' Under Pressure')

Mary Lambert - I actually discovered her more recently, but Mary Lambert is surely one of my favorite artists in a while. It was just last year and my now ex-girlfriend showed me 'She Keeps Me Warm'. I've grown a special connection to that song and Mary Lambert ever since. Shortly after, I bought her phenomenal debut album 'Heart on my Sleeve'.

Jimi Hendrix - Unlike all the other favorites on my profile, I never mentioned Jimi Hendrix, but he is one of my favorite solo artists nonetheless. I found out about Jimi Hendrix because when I was growing up my dad played his music on his guitar. But when my parents divorced, my mother took the CDs with her. I never really got to visit my dad, but when I finally flew from Arizona to Oklahoma to see him he was going on trips often because he was in the Army. Unfortunately, since age thirteen I've never connected with him so I just remember the times we spent together by playing Jimi Hendrix.

For now, those are my favorites. I'll probably post some more later on, but for now, peace.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO