Jump to topic:

Fanfiction contest

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 7:46:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
It's not really a contest since you will all win, but write some quick fiction within my parameters and you will help me create a backstory of doom.

I am getting fed up with my Dm's dm magic, and mary sues, and having us(APL level 4) fighting level 20 creatures, and the lack of money(I got ten gold from a mummy lair, that was the highest amount for any member of the party).So I will be creating a game wrecking character. He is a dwarf barbarian that is now seven feet tall, really strong, has a high constitution, and dexterity(really high for those) super low intelligence and wisdom(around 3), and like a 15 charisma. He will only be about a level 5 or 6 when he is finished, so don't make him be like fighting dragons or something. I also encourage you to write it in strange ways and change point of view, you can even put it in weird styles like a play script or a haiku.

I thank everyone who will be submitting a story.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 9:48:30 PM
Also this happens in our Dm's created world, so avoid contact with deities of specific canon places

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:06:06 PM
At 4/23/2016 9:48:30 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
Also this happens in our Dm's created world, so avoid contact with deities of specific canon places

vat
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:07:54 PM
At 4/23/2016 10:06:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:

vat

I am creating a character backstory that I hope to make a couple hundred pages long, so I came to the denizens of DDO to help write short stories from the character's life.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:07:58 PM
At 4/23/2016 7:46:58 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
It's not really a contest since you will all win, but write some quick fiction within my parameters and you will help me create a backstory of doom.

I am getting fed up with my Dm's dm magic, and mary sues, and having us(APL level 4) fighting level 20 creatures, and the lack of money(I got ten gold from a mummy lair, that was the highest amount for any member of the party).So I will be creating a game wrecking character. He is a dwarf barbarian that is now seven feet tall, really strong, has a high constitution, and dexterity(really high for those) super low intelligence and wisdom(around 3), and like a 15 charisma. He will only be about a level 5 or 6 when he is finished, so don't make him be like fighting dragons or something. I also encourage you to write it in strange ways and change point of view, you can even put it in weird styles like a play script or a haiku.

Yeah, solon tried to do this same thing not too long ago...
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:08:54 PM
At 4/23/2016 10:07:58 PM, Hayd wrote:

How'd it turn out?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:08:56 PM
At 4/23/2016 10:07:54 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 4/23/2016 10:06:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:

vat

I am creating a character backstory that I hope to make a couple hundred pages long, so I came to the denizens of DDO to help write short stories from the character's life.

Oh yaya :D
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:09:29 PM
At 4/23/2016 10:08:54 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

How'd it turn out?

meh
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 10:11:42 PM
At 4/23/2016 10:09:29 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/23/2016 10:08:54 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

How'd it turn out?

meh

I'm okay with meh, It just needs to be a long backstory, I don't care if it is crap.

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 3:37:06 PM

I think that I forgot to say that his name is Hrastur

Forthelulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:45:19 AM
If I get an ill-behaved DM, I do what is affectionately known as "Colonel Sanders".
Fluff: Dwarf with "who bloody cares about the stats, it's munchkin time".
Crunch:
Take the Quick Draw Feat and the Chicken Infested Flaw, the latter being from Dragon #330, for reference.
"Chicken Infested You"ve got chickens. Effect: Whenever you draw a weapon or pull an item out of a container, you have a 50% chance of drawing a live chicken instead. No, we don't know where the chickens come from; it's your character."

Quick Draw makes putting things into and taking things out of stuff, as well as just dropping things, a Free Action.

Declare pebbles or sand as an improvised thrown weapon, then literally shovel that stuff into a Bag of Holding.

Then you get into glorious combat. 7,000 grains of sand (for example) will create enough to literally bury the enemy alive in a sea of chickens... on your first turn, because it's a free action to draw and drop a chicken.

The hardest part is getting the Bag of Holding, but when you have it, you can sweep literally any campaign involving fighting land-bound foes.

If you really want to make your DM suffer, scrap what you have and make your character a Commoner. Have a vial on hand for his tears.
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...
Forthelulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 8:23:01 PM
Actually...
Read this.
https://1d4chan.org...
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...