Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dubstep Music

annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2010 8:48:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Fvcking awesome. Is there anything else? Nah, that's pretty much it. ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:14:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/3/2010 8:48:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
Fvcking awesome. Is there anything else? Nah, that's pretty much it. ^_^

This.

Is it really new? I just heard it a little while ago. I listen to it while I work sometimes. It's great for, ah, "meditating," too. ;)
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:49:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 7:14:59 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/3/2010 8:48:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
Fvcking awesome. Is there anything else? Nah, that's pretty much it. ^_^

This.

Is it really new? I just heard it a little while ago. I listen to it while I work sometimes. It's great for, ah, "meditating," too. ;)

Ren just gained 300 cool points!! :applause:
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:52:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 7:49:21 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/4/2010 7:14:59 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/3/2010 8:48:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
Fvcking awesome. Is there anything else? Nah, that's pretty much it. ^_^

This.

Is it really new? I just heard it a little while ago. I listen to it while I work sometimes. It's great for, ah, "meditating," too. ;)

Ren just gained 300 cool points!! :applause:

Ball of hay whirls through the thread .... ;)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:33:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have no idea what this is so I typed it in YouTube and found this.

At this point, I don't know if I like it or hate it. It just makes me think wtf.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 12:08:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 8:33:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I have no idea what this is so I typed it in YouTube and found this.



At this point, I don't know if I like it or hate it. It just makes me think wtf.

Dubstep seems pretty diverse, actually. I wouldn't say that's the best song to start with, it's pretty abstract.

Yo, speaking of Youtube. Some great examples that I think might better interest you are by this one... man, I don't even know his name, but his icon is this blue speaker-looking thing with aquamarine fire around it and a black background. Give that a listen. It's kind of nasty.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 6:37:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 7:52:14 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/4/2010 7:49:21 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/4/2010 7:14:59 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/3/2010 8:48:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
Fvcking awesome. Is there anything else? Nah, that's pretty much it. ^_^

This.

Is it really new? I just heard it a little while ago. I listen to it while I work sometimes. It's great for, ah, "meditating," too. ;)

Ren just gained 300 cool points!! :applause:

Ball of hay whirls through the thread .... ;)

Try "tumbleweed". God. :P
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:10:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dubstep can be cool, as someone else said, if your in the mood for it, which is one where you just wanna chill. It's also a broad genre with the only real sticking poitn being the deep bassline.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:30:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2010 8:19:19 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
deadmau5 is over rated

Bullsh!t.

Btw play Black Ops with me, and check out my emblem and such lol...
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 8:47:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 8:39:30 AM, badger wrote:


Omg listening @ like 42 seconds in I was thinking "Damn imagine if I was rolling..." that would be crazy lol. Gonna post a song on your wall now...
President of DDO
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 12:02:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dubstep is massive in the UK right now. As a few people have said it is quite a broad genre really, with tempo being the only real connection between some different tunes that would both fit within the umbrella. Although the wobble bass and dub fx are quite characteristic, they are used in other genres too and not in every dubstep tune. I think it's interesting how people can take totally different things from it, hyped-up moody coke heads and spazzed out ketamine hippy kids can both enjoy the same dubstep track in very different ways.

I like a lot of it, but simply can't get into some. It's great to hear a lot of old dub, dancehall and reggae getting re-cycled and I appreciate the vinyl ethic and creativity of the genre. It is something of a unifying force among the divisive underground UK music scene, although a lot of people simply hate it of course.

Here are a few dubstep joints that I really rate, all very different from each other.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 12:05:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/16/2011 12:02:27 PM, feverish wrote:
Dubstep is massive in the UK right now.

And everywhere. I'm pretty sure even the new Britney Spears song is dubstep!
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 12:09:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I like trip hop, trance, down-tempo, electronic and house music -- so dubstep is just a step over and yeah I'm a fan (of the stuff that's well done, obviously). I really like the dubstep producer Mimosa. He does a few Tupac remixes in dubstep that are pretty cool.
President of DDO
Sangers
Posts: 419
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:52:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/16/2011 12:05:21 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/16/2011 12:02:27 PM, feverish wrote:
Dubstep is massive in the UK right now.

And everywhere. I'm pretty sure even the new Britney Spears song is dubstep!

I hope not...

+1 for Dubstep :)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 1:35:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/16/2011 1:29:14 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/11/2010 8:22:00 AM, badger wrote:
dubstep sucks balls.

Lol you're such a liar - you love it :)

...i may like some dubstep :) but no i don't love it! i'm actually more of a hardstyle man myself.. but i doubt any of you lot would share that taste.. 'tis an acquired one.. planet love :)

http://www.planetlovemusic.com...

you can't beat buzzin' off your head, raving to hardstyle, with the roughest lookin' crowd you'll ever see in your life, who all love you like family lol..
signature
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:30:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For those that don't appreciate dubstep.. or don't "like" it.
If you have listened to it in say a car/at a concert/in a club.

Then go do it right now.

Oh and turn the bass up to 11 xD