Jump to topic:

Jesse Ventura "Conspiracy Theory"

Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2010 9:30:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
My girlfriend has really gotten into this series (appears to be completely available on youtube) and I was wondering if anyone else had watched them and could comment on them. Ventura tackles things like 9/11, HAARP, and other controversial subjects from the conspirator's perspective.

The experienced viewer will be apprehensive about this sort of thing, but I have to admit that hearing Ventura - a former Minnesota Governor, Navy Seal, and celebrity - discuss these things gives them a more authentic feel. It's easy to pass off some cocky kids talking about 9/11 conspiracy as wackos, but it's another to pass this up coming from someone who had a very high governmental rank!
no comment
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2010 10:25:05 PM
At 12/3/2010 9:30:20 PM, Caramel wrote:
My girlfriend has really gotten into this series (appears to be completely available on youtube) and I was wondering if anyone else had watched them and could comment on them. Ventura tackles things like 9/11, HAARP, and other controversial subjects from the conspirator's perspective.

The experienced viewer will be apprehensive about this sort of thing, but I have to admit that hearing Ventura - a former Minnesota Governor, Navy Seal, and celebrity - discuss these things gives them a more authentic feel. It's easy to pass off some cocky kids talking about 9/11 conspiracy as wackos, but it's another to pass this up coming from someone who had a very high governmental rank!

That's exactly the problem. Why does a person's credibility automatically lend itself to every single one of their views? It seems that there exists an "expert" or "scientist" or otherwise authoritative figure for every conspiracy theory to cite. Quite frankly, it makes me even more skeptical because I know that there is no shortage of idiots that eat that sh!t up for no reason other than because "a scientist said it". It makes it that much harder for me to keep an open mind.

I can't comment specifically on Jesse Ventura since I haven't seen any of his videos but I see no reason as to why I would be any less skeptical.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:48:56 PM
Most of Jesse's stuff is bull crap. He exploits anything that can not be explained when it infact HAS A REASON for not being explainable. How he got on truTV is besides me...
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 10:07:58 AM
but it's another to pass this up coming from someone who had a very high governmental rank!

That's exactly the problem. Why does a person's credibility automatically lend itself to every single one of their views? It seems that there exists an "expert" or "scientist" or otherwise authoritative figure for every conspiracy theory to cite. Quite frankly, it makes me even more skeptical because I know that there is no shortage of idiots that eat that sh!t up for no reason other than because "a scientist said it". It makes it that much harder for me to keep an open mind.

I can't comment specifically on Jesse Ventura since I haven't seen any of his videos but I see no reason as to why I would be any less skeptical.

Credibility doesn't "automatically lend itself to every single one of their views." Ventura wasn't doing a show on cooking. He was doing on political conspiracies. If you don't understand how credibility improves the value of your professional opinion than I'm certainly not going to be able to explain it to you.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 10:09:36 AM
At 12/4/2010 8:48:56 PM, webos1337 wrote:
Most of Jesse's stuff is bull crap. He exploits anything that can not be explained when it infact HAS A REASON for not being explainable. How he got on truTV is besides me...

Well, someone with experience of having been in hollywood for decades, having been a Navy Seal, and having held the governor's chair in MN is a pretty good resume`.
no comment