Jump to topic:

What is DDO Fanfiction?

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 11:18:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Not a rhetorical question, I promise. I know what fanfiction is, but how do you write fanfiction about a debating site? I noticed a few and some were rather interesting after reading a bit, but I'm still uncertain as to what they technically are.
Have no regrets.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:38:12 AM
At 5/6/2016 11:18:45 PM, Opsianos wrote:
Not a rhetorical question, I promise. I know what fanfiction is, but how do you write fanfiction about a debating site? I noticed a few and some were rather interesting after reading a bit, but I'm still uncertain as to what they technically are.

What people used to do is have these sign ups where users agreed to be added into some sort of story. Either the story was literally just with their names (DK's Game Over), the users were placed in a certain situation (Imabench's the Walking Dead), or it was based around the DDO community (such as thett's Burger King one).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:41:59 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:38:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

What people used to do is have these sign ups where users agreed to be added into some sort of story. Either the story was literally just with their names (DK's Game Over), the users were placed in a certain situation (Imabench's the Walking Dead), or it was based around the DDO community (such as thett's Burger King one).

Again, interesting. Are there any recent ones?
Have no regrets.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:42:34 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:41:59 AM, Opsianos wrote:

No, they're pretty much dead.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 2:45:41 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:42:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Oh...that's a shame. What I read from DK's sig was entertaining.
Have no regrets.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:10:22 AM
At 5/7/2016 2:45:41 AM, Opsianos wrote:
At 5/7/2016 2:42:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Oh...that's a shame. What I read from DK's sig was entertaining.

I'm down to do one if you wanna tag team it.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:10:51 AM

Those were the days weren't they?
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:11:30 AM
At 5/7/2016 3:10:51 AM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

"The days" were when the polls worked properly.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:12:53 AM
At 5/7/2016 3:11:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Exactly, there was minimum drama. Fanfictions galore. Plenty of fun.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 1:40:11 PM
I have an idea in the working, I just want to get all minor ideas finished so when I put up the sign up list, and people will hopefully sign up for it, I can get started as soon as possible.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:30:23 PM
At 5/7/2016 3:12:53 AM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Please don't make me cry.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:32:33 PM
At 5/9/2016 2:30:23 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/7/2016 3:12:53 AM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Please don't make me cry.

I'm sorry ;~; it's just....just they were so beautiful T^T
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:32:51 PM
At 5/9/2016 1:40:11 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
I have an idea in the working, I just want to get all minor ideas finished so when I put up the sign up list, and people will hopefully sign up for it, I can get started as soon as possible.
\inb4 signups
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:35:58 PM
At 5/9/2016 2:32:51 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
\inb4 signups

Kek. Nah, I plan a lot for these things. Once I get all my plans ready, I'll research how to do a fanfiction of the forums. Then I will put the sign up first. Minus one person, he already is signed up.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:36:53 PM
At 5/9/2016 2:35:58 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
\inb4 signups

Kek. Nah, I plan a lot for these things. Once I get all my plans ready, I'll research how to do a fanfiction of the forums. Then I will put the sign up first. Minus one person, he already is signed up.
that's me right
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:40:40 PM
At 5/9/2016 2:36:53 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
\inb4 signups

that's me right

Make that two. :P

No promise for a major character.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 2:41:56 PM
At 5/9/2016 2:40:40 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 5/9/2016 2:36:53 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
\inb4 signups

that's me right

Make that two. :P

No promise for a major character.

Didn't expect one, we do not talk enough for me to be one.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka