Jump to topic:

X-Men: Apocalypse is AWESOME

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 11:57:39 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Have any of you seen X-Men: Apocalypse in the movie theater and if so, what did you think about it? Also, did you watch it in 2D or 3D?

I watched it in 3D and the special effects were awesome! I personally enjoyed the movie and loved all the battles and superpower effects!
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 12:28:26 AM
I watched it in 2D (3D sucks, tbh, unless it's a movie is specifically made for it like Avatar).

The plot is basically non-existent and it hops between a string of unrelated scenes that kind of feels banal. The writing is also really weird, especially Magneto's line of, "Whoever you are, don't stop me from killing these men." It felt really blatant and out of place, and just an excuse for Apocalypse to understand the context of what was going on before he got there.

There was also some really odd tone shifts. For example, one minute Havoc accidentally destroys the school, then Quicksilver pops and saves everyone while doing silly antics. It felt like they were trying to replicate the DOFP's scene he was in, but it just didn't work. Another example, is one minute Apocalypse is shouting for Charles, and Quicksilver comes out of nowhere and beats the sh!t out of him.

In fact, looking back, Quicksilver's scenes were all really awkward, and out of place. I do think it was sh!t on a little too harshly, and it's definitely the weakest of this new X=Men trilogy. I'm hovering in the 5.5-6/10 range.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:13:21 AM
At 6/8/2016 12:28:26 AM, Torton wrote:
I watched it in 2D (3D sucks, tbh, unless it's a movie is specifically made for it like Avatar).

The plot is basically non-existent and it hops between a string of unrelated scenes that kind of feels banal. The writing is also really weird, especially Magneto's line of, "Whoever you are, don't stop me from killing these men." It felt really blatant and out of place, and just an excuse for Apocalypse to understand the context of what was going on before he got there.

There was also some really odd tone shifts. For example, one minute Havoc accidentally destroys the school, then Quicksilver pops and saves everyone while doing silly antics. It felt like they were trying to replicate the DOFP's scene he was in, but it just didn't work. Another example, is one minute Apocalypse is shouting for Charles, and Quicksilver comes out of nowhere and beats the sh!t out of him.

In fact, looking back, Quicksilver's scenes were all really awkward, and out of place. I do think it was sh!t on a little too harshly, and it's definitely the weakest of this new X=Men trilogy. I'm hovering in the 5.5-6/10 range.

I agree with you that there wasn't really a plot and that the tone shifts were random.

I liked Quicksilver's scenes! I thought he was funny in them and just cool!

Yeah, I didn't like the scene where Magneto said "Whoever you are, don't stop me from killing these men." I felt like it was too random and too unnecessary and plus, it didn't make sense to me!

I think 3D is awesome if the movie has lots of special effects that can fit with the 3D effect!

All in all, I give X-Men: Apocalypse an 8/10!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:16:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Agreed: Movie was really jam packed so it felt rushed at times.

Agreed: Movie was AWESOME.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:22:14 PM
At 6/13/2016 7:16:09 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I agree that the movie felt rushed at times and very random sometimes and I also agree that it was AWESOME. I agree with you 100%.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 8:01:55 AM
At 6/13/2016 10:22:14 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/13/2016 7:16:09 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I agree that the movie felt rushed at times and very random sometimes and I also agree that it was AWESOME. I agree with you 100%.

I'm with you on that 100.1%
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us