Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Should I see Lion King or Les Miserables?

SegBeg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:04:10 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I am a big fan of musicals and I always have been and probably will continue to be. But here's the thing: I've never even been to a West End show in my life. I really want to though since musical theatre is what I want to do with my life. There are two musicals that appeal to me: Lion King and Les Miserables. People who have seen them always comment on how amazing they are and I want to see if their opinions are true. The film Lion King has been a part of my life since I was little and I would like to see it live. I have know about Les Miserables since I was about 9 or 10 so not as long as Lion King but I know nearly everything about it and it also looks interesting to watch live ad well as the film (which I have yet to see). Which would you recommend and why? thanks!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 7:41:51 PM
At 6/19/2016 2:04:10 PM, SegBeg wrote:
I am a big fan of musicals and I always have been and probably will continue to be. But here's the thing: I've never even been to a West End show in my life. I really want to though since musical theatre is what I want to do with my life. There are two musicals that appeal to me: Lion King and Les Miserables. People who have seen them always comment on how amazing they are and I want to see if their opinions are true. The film Lion King has been a part of my life since I was little and I would like to see it live. I have know about Les Miserables since I was about 9 or 10 so not as long as Lion King but I know nearly everything about it and it also looks interesting to watch live ad well as the film (which I have yet to see). Which would you recommend and why? thanks!

Rent the movie Les Miserables and watch that first, that will give you an idea if you want to sit through a live performace. I personally would jump to go see it live, but it not for everyone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 8:46:30 PM
At 6/19/2016 2:04:10 PM, SegBeg wrote:
The film Lion King has been a part of my life since I was little and I would like to see it live. I have know about Les Miserables since I was about 9 or 10 so not as long as Lion King but I know nearly everything about it and it also looks interesting to watch live ad well as the film (which I have yet to see). Which would you recommend and why? thanks!

West End? Is that like Broadway in England?

I would recommend seeing Les Mis. It's far more dramatic than Lion King which is awesome for the visuals. Lion King is fun but Les Mis is a classic. If you are going with a friend, Les Mis might be too dry for them. But if you're going with someone who can appreciate the drama, I would say you shouldn't skip it.
President of DDO
SegBeg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:44:24 PM
West End? Is that like Broadway in England?

I would recommend seeing Les Mis. It's far more dramatic than Lion King which is awesome for the visuals. Lion King is fun but Les Mis is a classic. If you are going with a friend, Les Mis might be too dry for them. But if you're going with someone who can appreciate the drama, I would say you shouldn't skip it.

Yeah. The West End is like the English equivalent of Broadway (probably even better! :) )

I don't think anyone in my family would like to see Les Mis live. They're not into those type of musicals. Maybe ones like Lion King but not like Les Mis. I'm not like them but how would I watch it by myself? Don't tickets cost like "40? I don't have that kind of money right now but hopefully in the future I will and they will be able to take me. Thank's for the advice!!!
SegBeg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:19:48 AM

Rent the movie Les Miserables and watch that first, that will give you an idea if you want to sit through a live performace. I personally would jump to go see it live, but it not for everyone.

Thank for the advice. I watched Les Miserables the movie and it was amazing. I know, however that many scenes were cut and the lyrics drastically changed so now that I have seen the movie I want to see how it is different from the musical and which one is better.