Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Female Ghostbusters Movie!

Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 5:57:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I don't understand why so many people are saying that the Ghostbusters remake will suck just because it has an-all female ghostbusters team instead of an all-male ghostbusters team! This is all the more reason why this female ghostbusters movies should be released.

I haven't seen the original Ghostbusters films but I am very excited to watch the upcoming female Ghostbusters movie not just because it seems like it will be funny and enjoyable but also because if done right, it could prove that not all women are weak.

Many people seem to think that all women are weak and lots of men who get hit by women, sexually harassed by women, raped by women, punched by women, and assaulted by women go through hell and suffering because of that very sexist stereotype!

If this female Ghostbusters is done right, then it could address a lot of sexist issues in society that both men and women have to deal with, along with having a lot of humor and a crew of awesome female ghostbusters who are ready to stop ghosts from haunting people.

Hopefully, this movie won't be full of sexist stereotypes like Magic Mike XXL because then, that will frustrate me.

This movie could be hopeful for both men and women. It could be hopeful for men because it could address the fact that not all women need a man to hold their hand and do everything for them, and not all women are weak. This could decrease sexism against men because then, if a woman physically harmed or sexually harassed a man, the man wouldn't have to be strong and toughen up or handle the problem himself. After all, if people see a man getting harmed or sexually harassed by a woman or a man, either way people should stop being stupid and sexist and just HELP the man because not all men can handle everything on their own and toughen up.

This movie could be hopeful for women because it could address the fact that men are not always the ones who need to deal with tough situations. Both men AND women are capable of dealing with tough situations. This could decrease sexism against women because hopefully, many people will wake up and realize that not all women are delicate or fragile. Not all women are babies who can't do anything for their own self.

For both men and women, this movie could also address the fact that not all men are the same and not all women are the same.

This movie could be a huge success in advocating for the equal rights of BOTH men and women while reminding people that sexism against men DOES exist and that many men are hurting from their own fair share of sexist experiences.

Hopefully, if done right, this movie will be awesome and anti-sexist at the same time!
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:15:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The female Ghostbusters movie isn't an issue of whether it has a woman heavy cast or not, at least for me. I'm worried because it looks absolutely awful from the trailer. If they want to portray a message of feminism, then fine, good on them. The movie should at least be good as a standalone movie rather than relying on the female cast or the Ghostbusters name.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:05:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 6:15:06 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
The female Ghostbusters movie isn't an issue of whether it has a woman heavy cast or not, at least for me. I'm worried because it looks absolutely awful from the trailer. If they want to portray a message of feminism, then fine, good on them. The movie should at least be good as a standalone movie rather than relying on the female cast or the Ghostbusters name.

I've been looking forward to this movie for the last 25 years and am scared to death of what it is going to look like on screen. The all female cast looks like a gimmick to make up for a bad script, but I'll just cross my fingers and go see
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 4:15:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 6:15:06 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
The female Ghostbusters movie isn't an issue of whether it has a woman heavy cast or not, at least for me. I'm worried because it looks absolutely awful from the trailer. If they want to portray a message of feminism, then fine, good on them. The movie should at least be good as a standalone movie rather than relying on the female cast or the Ghostbusters name.

I see your point. The trailer does look horrible but I don't think you should allow yourself to be deceived by the trailer.

The movie can portray a message of feminism. That's fine with me, just as long as it's not sexist feminism that spreads hatred and misandry.

I hope the movie does good as a standalone movie and doesn't purely rely on the female cast or the original Ghostbusters crew.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 4:18:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:05:56 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/21/2016 6:15:06 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
The female Ghostbusters movie isn't an issue of whether it has a woman heavy cast or not, at least for me. I'm worried because it looks absolutely awful from the trailer. If they want to portray a message of feminism, then fine, good on them. The movie should at least be good as a standalone movie rather than relying on the female cast or the Ghostbusters name.

I've been looking forward to this movie for the last 25 years and am scared to death of what it is going to look like on screen. The all female cast looks like a gimmick to make up for a bad script, but I'll just cross my fingers and go see

I'm scared too. This looks like a movie that could either be a huge success or a horrible failure!

I'm just praying that there are no sexist stereotypes in this movie and that this movie is good! The female cast does look like a marketing gimmick to get more people to watch the movie but I have hope.

I'll cross my fingers too and watch the movie. On the bright side, this movie has Melissa McCarthy in it and Melissa McCarthy is an amazing actress! She's awesome and funny too!
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:50:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
To be honest, Ghostbusters should never have been remade. Perhaps this is my nostalgia talking, but for such a classic, even the traditional all male team would probably turn out bad as well. I'll wait for reviews, but looking at the trailers I don't have high hopes.
Ferminator
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:05:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I agree with others, it's not really because of the cast (although some make it out to be), it's more because of the reason that the originals were fine and a remake isn't necessary.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 5:00:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 6:15:06 AM, missbailey8 wrote: If they want to portray a message of feminism, then fine, good on them.

You like to be preached to by the grievance industry? You're easy to pander to.