Jump to topic:

Why is MTV so stupid?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 9:00:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
MTV does not have any programs that I consider to be even slightly good! Their reality shows are so crappy that you can already tell they're completely fake and scripted. They depict teenagers as junkies and alcoholics who only care about sex, drugs, and rap music. They promote music that sounds absolutely low-class, autotuned, and trashy! Their VMA shows suck and are a complete waste of time! The 2015 VMAs were hosted by Miley Cyrus, one of the crappiest singers of all time! What on Earth were they thinking?! Although, the VMAs are exciting to watch so that you can see all the over-hyped glitz and lowlife performances! Plus, MTV stands for Music Television but barely has anything to do with music, just drugs, sex, autotune, and crappy reality shows!

Why is MTV still in business when it's so stupid and ridiculous for anyone watching it? Are people really this desperate that they resort to entertainment with not even slight class, more like grinding, twerking, and fakeness so fake that not even the fakest person on Earth could be that fake?
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:28:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:27:20 AM, RitaLucero wrote:
because its made to make people stupid, stupid people = easy control, thats why we have tv shows and movies thta are stupid

Makes sense!
repressiveassholessuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 4:56:00 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
maybe you don't like watching MTV's "stupid" reality shows, and that's your opinion, but any network that has this much positive influence on the world as a hole should not get trashed without any objections. The Real World STARTED the gay rights movement. Teen mom decreased the rate of teen pregnancy by 16%, and an anti cigarette campaign lowered the number of users in the US to only 9%. So say what you want about the quality of television being produced, because at the end of the day they have a platform, and are using it for the betterment of human kind.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:09:21 PM
At 7/8/2016 4:56:00 AM, repressiveassholessuck wrote:
maybe you don't like watching MTV's "stupid" reality shows, and that's your opinion, but any network that has this much positive influence on the world as a hole should not get trashed without any objections. The Real World STARTED the gay rights movement. Teen mom decreased the rate of teen pregnancy by 16%, and an anti cigarette campaign lowered the number of users in the US to only 9%. So say what you want about the quality of television being produced, because at the end of the day they have a platform, and are using it for the betterment of human kind.

Wow, I never knew that! I just thought it was a stupid company but it's nice to see that they have raised awareness of some issues.
repressiveassholessuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:16:58 AM
At 7/8/2016 11:09:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 7/8/2016 4:56:00 AM, repressiveassholessuck wrote:

Wow, I never knew that! I just thought it was a stupid company but it's nice to see that they have raised awareness of some issues.

Sorry I was kind of ranty, I just don't like when people can't see the good that Television can actually do, and yeah a lot of it is just mind numbing crap, but when its making a positive difference, I just feel like someone should stick up for them so they know that its appreciated :)