Jump to topic:

The Adventures of Wonder Wolf

MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:39:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
These are parts of a book that I'm writing. I hope to publish it someday.

Chapter 1
A New Beginning
The first place had been amazing, even if it was too close to town. The little town of Winthrop was almost perfect. Until they were discovered. They lingered, but when Fog was shot and killed, they were on the move.
So it came to be that the Moonlight Wolf Pack, one wolf short, traveled about 65 miles before they found complete wolf paradise at the very heart of North Cascades National Park. There was lots of food, water, and shelter for everyone. Water ran off the edge of a bluff, and the fish swam in the creek. Shining, the sun sat in the sky, which had no clouds that day, even in spring, when it often rains. The trees provided enough shade, but didn't block the sun too much. Everything was perfect. The wolf pups romped in the cool grass and swam in the refreshing water.
Wonder Wolf, however, was content for the moment to lie under a fir tree and watch. She had hardly anything against most of the others, but needed a rest after the long trip. The trip had been the worst of her life. For two reasons. One was that there were lots of meadows along the way, and it was sizzling hot, and the second was that, in the meadows, there were numerous numbers of birds. Wonder Wolf wasn't really sure how to feel about them. All earthbound creatures dream of flying, and Wonder Wolf perhaps had this sickness the worst. She had almost flown before, when a hawk grabbed her, but of course she hadn't enjoyed it. Biting down as hard as she could on the hawk's leg, she'd fallen and speared herself on a branch. It healed however, except for a scar. There were two reasons that she hated birds: the hawk adventure and the fact that she envied birds so much that she almost hated them because of it. But then again, if you hate something, you wish it to die. She could never wish a bird to die.
Wonder Wolf was two and a half months old, a pure white wolf, had jade green eyes, and was always ready for almost any adventure.
After a while, Winter Blizzard, her best friend, came over to join her, saying that he had been kicked out of the pond after he had 'broken one of the rules.' He was one week younger than Wonder Wolf, had sapphire eyes, and was also pure white.
"But there are no rules," Wonder Wolf said, glaring at the other pups.
"I know, but that's the problem. They're making all these stupid rules for playing. Like, 'no splashing each other'. That's what I got 'called out' on. I just don't get it. I wasn't even trying to splash Tree Bark and my sister."
"Well, maybe we should go and talk to them about it," replied Wonder Wolf, "It's not even fun when we have to play by their stupid rules. Isn't that what playing is supposed to be? Fun?"
"The stupid thing that I don't get is that they don't even listen to you," exclaimed Winter Blizzard, changing the subject, "I mean, you're the daughter of the alpha!"
"I don't get it either, but I really don't demand it from them. Come on, let's go explore the woods around this paradise," said Wonder Wolf, wanting to end the conversation quickly.
The woods were a nice, lofty place. There was a huge variety of trees and bushes. It was nicely shaded and had little clearings where sunlight poured through. While they were exploring, they found a small, rocky, underground cave.
"Hey, this is even better than our other hideout!" said Winter Blizzard excitedly. "Yeah, it has a lot more room and a little passageway to something!" Wonder Wolf said excitedly. "Wait a minute," she said, sniffing, "It smells of human in here, but it's ages old. Anyways, I'm sure it's fine. Let's go through the passageway."
The passageway led to riches. Maybe in the olden days, it had been a jeweler's place, and maybe it got overloaded with the precious metals and the jeweler closed. But, whatever happened, gold and jewels were of no use to Wonder Wolf and Winter Blizzard, however, it was fun to jump in it. "How did it happen that this happened?" said Winter Blizzard, slipping up a bit. "Yeah, I wonder. What happened here?" said Wonder Wolf ominously and quietly, even though Winter Blizzard didn't really expect an answer, and she knew it.
Later, while they were still exploring, they heard a long, drawn-out howl. "Well, time to go back," said Winter Blizzard.
At the paradise, half of the other pups crowded around them. This included Misty, Winter Blizzard's sister, and Pine, Silver's sister. The two that didn't really care were Silver and Tree Bark. They all knew that Wonder Wolf and Winter Blizzard almost always found cool stuff whenever they explored; the two listening were amazed to hear what they had found this time, not for the worth, which meant nothing to them, but for the fun. The adults in the pack luckily hadn't heard. It was a secret.
After howling to mark the territory till morning, the wolves slept. But that night, Wonder Wolf couldn't go to sleep. She could only think about the day's adventures. But finally, at about midnight, she found a light sleep.
In the morning, everyone worked on their homes. The homes were little caves, housing two each, delved into the cliff edge that a waterfall ran off of. There were even enough caves that Wonder Wolf and Winter Blizzard could have their own den plus their families' home. Wonder Wolf, however, had something that could barely be called a whole family. She only had her father Moonlight. Her mother Crystal had disappeared in an avalanche danger area up in Canada, and two of her litter-mates had died during a famine; the other three had been swept down a rushing river.
Since their families didn't need help, they decided to work on their own 'fun home,' while exploring at the same time. When they went out to gather materials they were basically exploring. Some of the stuff they gathered included soft moss, some vegetation for decoration, and some squirrels, rabbits, and chipmunks they killed to play with when they were bored and were not able to go out adventuring.
Soon, they had a little play-cave that was carpeted with moss. One corner had layers that went like this: moss, sticks and twigs, more moss. This served as a mattress and was big enough for both of them to sleep on.
Next to that, another corner had all the squirrels, rabbits, and chipmunks. That was a little play section and was about the size of, well, two wolf pups.
Along the walls were leafy branches that were like wallpaper. The leaves didn't cover the entire wall, but it looked nice with the patches of rock that showed through. The entrance was half covered with the water from Wolf Falls.
This was how life went, except for one very important part. Silver. He was an unruly, demanding, and combative pup who acted like he was the boss of everything and everyone. Silver was always mocking Wonder Wolf, saying, "Yes, Princess Wonder Wolf," in a mocking tone when Wonder Wolf lost her temper and told him to get lost and leave her alone. Yes, Wonder Wolf did lose her temper sometimes (nobody's perfect), but I don't want you to get a bad image of Wonder Wolf, because she was really very nice. I suppose it is true that Wonder Wolf was a sort of princess, because she was the daughter of the alpha. But this did not mean she was spoiled and got everything she wanted. She lived the same way as the other pups. Still, Wonder Wolf and Silver were sworn enemies. And although Wonder Wolf had Winter Blizzard, Silver also had Tree Bark, who was an orphaned pup with no siblings and had been very nice before Silver had taken her under his wing. The battle never came to an agreement, and it never came to a full out fight. Both sides had injuries from scuffles, but they were stuff like a good sized cut, a trampled tail, or even a broken leg (this happened only once, to Tree Bark).
Wonder Wolf is AWESOME, and if you disagree, DEAL WITH IT!!!
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:43:41 AM
Second part of Chapter 1:

During a trek alone in the woods, Wonder Wolf came upon a small clearing. Except it wasn't an ordinary clearing. It had human benches in it, asphalt ground, and a small building with an even smaller stage in front of it. As there was nothing else there, she left, but marked its spot on her mental map. Her mental map was exceptionally accurate, even though she had marked nearly thirty places. There was the town they had lived by before, which she was pretty sure was called Winthrop. There was also their new fort, their old fort, and plenty of other places.
On the way home, she thought the strange clearing was practically nothing to her. Little did she know that it would be the start of a life-changing and dangerous adventure. She told Winter Blizzard about it and he wanted to go there, so they made plans to go there the next day. If you're still confused, what they found was an amphitheater at a campground. But this time, instead of it being empty, it was filled with people. Not expecting this, they had run completely into the open. One person rose from a bench and came over. Then, cautiously (and stupidly), he reached his hand out. The park ranger on the stage tried to stop him, but too late. Wonder Wolf had already slashed his hand open, and it was dripping blood. The ranger, obviously worried, hurried into the building and came out with what looked like a mass of knotted rope. Too late Wonder Wolf and Winter Blizzard found out what it was. The net - for that is what it was - had already been tossed over them and had entangled Wonder Wolf. Winter Blizzard, however, escaped the entanglement by putting his legs completely under him and staying still. He then scrambled out of the net.
"Go get help!" cried Wonder Wolf. Winter Blizzard bolted into the forest. As he left, the faint sound of a helicopter could be heard. About seven seconds after Winter Blizzard left, it was right above. Two people came down by a rope with a cage in hand and shoved Wonder Wolf into it. They then tied the rope to the top of the cage and gave a signal up to the helicopter. Apparently someone else was in the craft, as the cage was being lifted up. Wonder Wolf, who, besides jumping, had never been off the ground before, was very frightened. But it still wasn't over once she reached the helicopter. It started moving north, but she couldn't tell because she had lost sense of direction. Flying, noise, and movement was too much. She howled and began attacking the bars of the cage with her teeth. The men kicked the cage and she stopped. Luckily, they landed after only five minutes and got her out of the net and cage, but quickly slipped a rope around her neck. Only then did she get a sick feeling in her stomach. These men did not intend to let her go, and she probably would never see her pack again. All she knew for certain was that she was standing on pavement and there were big things with wings sticking out close by. Wonder Wolf only knew what an airplane looked like because she had stood at the top of a cliff and seen one zoom by. But now that she saw them up close, they looked much bigger and much more frightening. So when the three men tried to yank her into the cargo hold, she started pulling back and began chewing on the rope. When the rope was cut, she ran and one of the men grabbed a club. Not knowing the meaning of a club, or what it even was, she was not cautious about it. She attacked the men and was knocked out, with the club, of course.

When Winter Blizzard rushed into the paradise, the other wolves instantly began firing questions at him. He was breathless, so he was only able to say, "Wonder Wolf, captured by humans, went north, in cage, helicopter." Only the first three phrases were needed to make Moonlight rush into the forest in a northernly direction. "Wait!" called Misty, who was Winter Blizzard's sister. Moonlight grudgingly came back. "We can't just leave yet. If we wait, my brother will be able to tell us the whole story." So when Winter Blizzard caught his breath, he told them the whole story of what had happened. "If she was captured and taken into a helicopter, we would never be able to track them down," said Midnight. "Winter Blizzard did say that it was going north," commented Mask. "But did it turn?" added Misty.
In the end, they decided that there was no sure way to track the helicopter. Winter Blizzard didn't care. He was going to find his best friend, no matter what it took.
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:47:31 AM
Chapter 2
The Park
When Wonder Wolf woke, the first thing she noticed was a splitting headache. The second thing she noticed was a deafening drone, and the third thing was that she was in the cargo hold of an airplane. Then she remembered everything that had happened from when she went to the amphitheater with Winter Blizzard to the present moment. In misery, she waited out the long airplane ride, which was approximately an hour and a half long. During the ride, she contemplated how she would escape, but when they landed, there was no need for an escape plan. The three men unloaded Wonder Wolf's crate and set it on the snowy ground. Cautiously, they then opened the door of it and scurried towards the helicopter. Knowing that these men had absolutely no experience with wolf speed, Wonder Wolf bolted out of the cage and raced toward the three men, whom she had made her prey. She reached one of them, ripped open his leg, but was unable to reach the other two on account of the fact that they had scrambled inside the plane. The man who had had his leg ripped open was pulled up to safety, and they took off.
Only after the skirmish did Wonder Wolf explore her surroundings. A small building dotted the landscape of a colossal mountain about five miles in front of her. To her right and left, there was nothing but bleak, snowy plains. Since nothing else interested her, she trotted off towards the mountain with freezing feet.
The weather became colder by the minute and she was only halfway there. Then snow began to fall. The flakes mingled with her white fur and chilled her to the bone as she trudged on, finally reaching the small building, which was a visitor center. Wonder Wolf curled up in a ball and snuggled against the side of it, covering her nose with her tail. As the light snowfall turned into a blizzard, it created drifts against the wall Wonder Wolf was curled up against. But she waited out the storm, even though she was covered with snow. She stayed unmoving for long hours. Even when the wind no longer howled like hundreds of wolves above her, she stayed and slept. The snow trapped her body heat to make the little cove warm, so she was not cold.

Winter Blizzard had nothing to get ready the night he left to find Wonder Wolf. He could kill his own food, find his own way; he needed nothing except himself.
The only problem was how to slip past the wolf on guard in the oncoming darkness. It was his mother Shade tonight, and she was accustomed to his scent. Still, it would be hard. It was at times like these he wished he could be invisible, or at least a darker hue. But, invisible or not, he had to try to sneak away. Crouching low to the ground, Winter Blizzard pressed against the rock wall in an attempt not to be seen. He wasn't. His mother Shade was looking the other way as he escaped. Quickly, he sprinted off into the woods before she looked again, and soon reached the amphitheater where Wonder Wolf had been abducted the night before.
After that, he headed north, down the roads of the Colonial Creek campground, through the freezing water of Lake Diablo, and over the ground of the forest beyond. Forcing himself not to think about how he would even find Wonder Wolf, he ran on and on in the crisp fall air.

Wonder Wolf awoke when the skies were clear but dark. A few flakes lazily drifted to the ground. She struggled out of her snowy sleeping cove and began continuing her trek over the freshly fallen snow, stumbling every now and then, sinking into soft spots and wallowing deep, the light from the visitor center brightening the way. All the while, she thought, 'I wonder how Winter Blizzard and the rest of the pack are doing.' Then she wondered what exactly had transpired during her absence. It was even slightly possible that they had moved due to something, but she could not imagine what that something could be. "I'm just going crazy," she said to herself.
After about thirty minutes, when the sky had lightened some, she spotted a small doe in the distance. She remembered her hunger. Crouching in the snow, her pure white coat blended into the snow, making her virtually invisible. Wistfully swishing her tail back and forth, she sneaked towards the doe, and then, when she was about six feet away, she pounced, catlike, snatched the throat with her razor teeth, and tore out the windpipe. That's how wolves always hunt, and if you don't like it, talk to the wolves. They wouldn't do anything about it though, so telling them that would be pointless. In the end, just live with it.
After her feast, Wonder Wolf continued across the frozen plains with renewed energy. Plodding through the deep snow, Wonder Wolf tired quickly, even after eating most of the doe. Finally, she reached some woods, which made the snow thin out. Rounding a massive oak, she brought herself up short. A small drop-off that was about twenty-five feet to the bottom filled about a quarter of her view. Wonder Wolf turned, snowing the wall, and was about to leave when she heard a muffled cry for help. She edged closer to the drop-off and, on further inspection, sighted a bobcat kitten, hanging from a branch that jutted out. At first she wondered how to help it, then if she should help it, for it might be a trap. But when then pleading cry for help was again sounded, Wonder Wolf decided, 'If I was in that situation, I would want help. It could be a trap, but I don't care.' The only problem was, how would she help? Obviously, the kitten's mouth was open because it could speak, so Wonder Wolf found a long branch, held it over the edge, and before she was ready, the eager little bobcat snatched the branch in its mouth, almost pulling Wonder Wolf down as well. Her claws dug into the snow, penetrating to the dirt. Was it really a trap, or was the kitten simply overly eager to be free? As Wonder Wolf inched back, this very question entered her mind. She didn't get an answer to this until the bobcat reached solid ground. It bolted off without even saying 'thank you', which Wonder Wolf found odd.
"Where are you going!?" Wonder Wolf yelled after it. The kitten reappeared out of the brush, just as quickly and silently as it had left.
"Home." the kitten replied.
"Didn't your parents teach you to ever say 'thank you'?
"Never had 'em."
Wonder Wolf was intrigued by this animal, who never remembered his parents, and although she knew she shouldn't, Wonder Wolf couldn't help asking one more question.
"What happened to them?"
"Honestly, I don't know." Changing the subject, he added, "You seem nice; would you like to come to my home for a while, or do you have a family to go home to?"
"I do have a family to go home to," Wonder Wolf replied, speaking slowly, "but I have no idea where I am, which also means that I don't know how to get home to them."
The bobcat replied, "Well, if you need to know, we are in Denali national park. And if you need to know further, Denali is in Alaska."
"Alaska! And that's how many miles north of the North Cascades?" now Wonder Wolf was mostly talking to herself. "If it took me that long to walk about a mile through all that darn snow... Gee, I'm bad at math. How long would that take? Alright," she said, turning to the bobcat, "we haven't really been introduced, and I'm already going crazy. My name's Wonder Wolf. What's yours?"
"Flecks. I was named for all my spots," he said. "Going back to earlier, do you want to come to my house?"
"Well, I've got nowhere else to go, so why not?" replied Wonder Wolf.
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:53:42 AM
Second part of Chapter 2:

"Winter Blizzard! This is no time for games! Come on out!" Shade had looked in every likely spot for her son, but she couldn't find him. She was skirting the edge of the paradise, calling his name. "I'm going to put the pack on high alert!" High alert was nothing to joke about in the pack. If pups were the cause of it because of a game, they were severely punished. "I know you wouldn't dare to jump-scare me!" she said, trying to give Winter Blizzard the perfect opportunity to do just that. Of course, Winter Blizzard wasn't even there.
"Come on, why don't you just give him up for dead," said Mask, coming up behind her, "You already lost your other son from his litter, Fog, what's another?"
"What's another!? What's another!?! You can't talk; you only had one son in the whole litter, with one daughter, and that could barely even be called a litter, and they're both still alive! How would you feel if you woke up one morning and couldn't find Silver anywhere? Huh? Well, that's how I feel! Go talk to Moonlight; he lost five of his litter, leaving only one, who also is probably dead, and, on top of that, he lost his mate too!" Shade stalked off, leaving Mask to think over what she had said. Along the way, she ran into Misty, her only daughter.
"Did you find anything?" Shade asked beseechingly.
"Nothing, and I leaped all over those ledges on the little cliff," she answered.
"I didn't find anything either," said Midnight, joining them.
"Dang that wolf! I bet I know where he went!" Moonlight broke in as he was passing by, "He probably went north, searching for W-Wonder Wolf." The last phrase was hard for him to say; his own loss was too great. It was a sad story for him. As a lone wolf, he had met Crystal by a riverbank, and had fallen in love. That spring, a litter of six was born. About three weeks later, game left, and two of those pups died of starvation. Crystal was forced to hunt far and wide, but the day on which she went up to where lots of avalanches occurred, she never came back. A week later, the four pups and Moonlight visited the river. Three decided that the water looked safe enough; they could play in it. But they were deceived. Moonlight tried to stop them, but they went in anyway. As soon as each of their four paws were in the water, they were swept away by the current. The remaining pup, Wonder Wolf, had watched it all, learning about the ways of the world. For a long while, she usually stuck close to her father. When she got older, however, she was not so frightened, and could stand to be away from him for almost a day. For the present, though, she could stand to be away from him for almost any amount of time.

Right then, however, Wonder Wolf was really missing her pack, especially her father and Winter Blizzard. She barely said anything while she walked with Flecks to his home. Strangely, the house seemed to be carved out of a gigantic oak tree. Inside, it was a cozy little place with fir branches covering the hole. The light came from a hollow where a branch had fallen off.
"You've got a nice place here. How'd you make it?" asked Wonder Wolf.
"Well, I didn't really make it, although I did add some of my own little touches." answered Flecks, "It's been in the family for a while. I don't know how my ancestors made it, but they must have been really good at building."
"Definitely. So how'd you know that it's been in the family, because just a while ago you said that you had no parents?"
"I've got other relatives around; mostly aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters." was the reply. So how'd you get here? You already told me you're from the North Cascades, but I'm bad at geography, and I don't exactly know where that is." So Wonder Wolf told him that the North Cascades National Park was in Washington state and all about how she had come into Denali and that she had absolutely no idea how she was going to get home without it taking years. "No one would recognize me when I got back, except maybe Winter Blizzard. I'm a pup; if they don't recognize me because I'm older, they'll probably think I'm an intruder and kill me."
"Well, you seem adventurous from what you told me. I know a place that only the most adventurous go," said Flecks, changing the subject. Wonder Wolf almost forgot about her pack in her excitement.
"Where?" she asked eagerly. But as soon as she said this, her earlier misgivings came back. Could the bobcat be trying to get her killed or hurt? But why? Maybe be was in league with someone who was trying to hurt her, but then again, why? Was she trespassing? There was no way for her to tell.
"Well," said Flecks after a short period of time, "it's a place called Forbidden Forest."
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:58:11 AM
Chapter 3
The Forbidden Forest
Forbidden Forest. Danger did seem to cling to the very words, but also adventure. And Wonder Wolf would rather have adventure and take danger's risk than go without adventure at all. But her other thoughts still got in the way; one part of her said to not go, and the other part said to go.
"Have you ever been there?" she asked.
"Well, yes, but I only went a little ways in before coming out."
"Ok, then have you ever heard of someone, besides yourself, who went in quite far, and came out again?"
"Yeah, but not many come out. The majority of those that go in never come back."
"How do you know so much?"
"Oh, I got my ways."
"Ok. And your ways are-?"
"Secret."
"Why?"
"Wow, you really are full of questions. Go there, and you'll find the answers to most of them." Now the pulls of both curiosity and adventure were there. Wonder Wolf couldn't resist.
"Which way is it?"
"To the north a little ways."
"Can you define a little ways?"
"About a couple miles or so, but it's through woods, so it won't take you so long."
"Hmmm."

Winter Blizzard had been hiking through the brush that was scattered throughout the frosty landscape for what seemed like forever. Finally, after many miles, he sought refuge in a hollow oak for the night. Curled up in a ball, he thought of everything that had gone wrong. Why had he wanted to go to the amphitheater in the first place? Why hadn't he run after the helicopter before going back to his pack? If he had run, instead of staying, he might've been able to follow it by sight.
"It wasn't your fault." Winter Blizzard bolted upright. The voice seemed familiar, like something out of a lost dream. Who was that? "There was nothing you could have done..." and the voice was whisked away on the light breeze, like leaves from a tree during autumn, and, finally, nonexistent. After a while, Winter Blizzard concluded that it was his imagination, trying to comfort him, especially since he was lost. He'd been lost since he passed a huge wall over a river that should have been something like a waterfall. It was really just the Diablo Dam, but he didn't know that. After a considerable interval in the hollow tree, he once again began on his perpetually northern route until darkness closed in. He was able to find a hollow in the jutting rock, and, wedging himself into it, prepared for the stormy night.

Meanwhile, Wonder Wolf had bid Flecks farewell and was on her way, to the Forbidden Forest. Like the weather in the North Cascades, ominous clouds hailed the impending storm, and soon snow flurried around Wonder Wolf, chilling her to the bone. Ignoring the painful frostbite occurring on her toes and tail, she pressed onwards. After a considerable amount of time, she came to a snow-dusted rock wall. A boulder connected with it, and Wonder Wolf curled up at the junction and conked out.
When she woke, she picked herself up and, soon, the forest came into view. It appeared to be like any old forest, until she got up to it. Then it looked dark and spooky, and she had to remind herself of two things. 1: Every new place seemed like this to her, and it usually turned out to be a nice place. 2: She was the one who wanted to go on this venture, and she hadn't been forced to. Casting aside her doubts, she entered the forest. Uneventfully, the forest began to get monotonous as she covered the half mile between her and a rocky outcropping. Being tired, she slumped down against it.

The rest is in progress. I'd appreciate any feedback that anybody has to offer, even criticism. Thank you!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 3:42:43 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Didn't read all of it but seems well written to me. In terms of format, maybe paragraph spacing?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 11:26:35 PM
At 7/9/2016 3:42:43 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Didn't read all of it but seems well written to me. In terms of format, maybe paragraph spacing?

Paragraph spacing would've made it so I couldn't have fit it all. I did hav indents though...
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:35:49 PM
At 7/10/2016 10:55:03 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Post another one.

That's actually just about the farthest I've gotten... But if I put any more on there, it would reveal the plot before I get to a stopping point. But don't worry, I'm almost there!
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:16:06 AM
Here is the second part of Chapter 3:

She fell through. At first, she could not understand what had happened. Had she somehow made the rock disintegrate? When she lifted her head, though, the grandeur of the place she ended up in enraptured her. In the middle of a little valley was a cascading waterfall with a rainbow. The sky, which was cloudy just outside, showed above, and made the leaves of the riverside trees glitter. Splitting the cascade of the falls was a little plateau in the middle of the pool at the base, and it had little stones leading to it like a pathway. Nothing she had ever seen remotely compared in beauty. Wonder Wolf staggered to her feet and trotted down to the waterfall.
As she jumped across the stones, the waterfall began to glow. She stopped to stare. The glow grew, and as it grew, it took on a jade-green color. Then it materialized into a star-shaped, jade-green crystal. It just hung there in the middle of the waterfall. Wonder Wolf stared some more. Then she jumped onto the plateau, and when she did so, the crystal fell down, and once it touched the plateau, it received a red band from which it hung. When Wonder Wolf nudged it with her nose, it leapt into the air and the band settled around her neck. Wonder Wolf felt a chill run down her spine, and new muscles appeared on her back. Wings, she actually had wings like a bird! She tried using them on the grass, but failed miserably. This is going to take some practice, she thought.
She jumped back onto the plateau to see if anything would happen. Nothing. Wonder Wolf jumped back off, and a creaking noise came from within the rock. She turned around. The waterfall stopped, as if someone had dammed it, and then, slowly, a door opened. With hardly any hesitation, Wonder Wolf entered. The door closed behind her. In the blackness, she put her paw up to her neck. The crystal was still there, and it was glowing very dimly, but when she touched it, it began glowing brighter. Still growing brighter and brighter, the glow grew until it lit the whole cavern. Maybe it could do more than just make her have wings. Maybe it could get her home, too.
Wonder Wolf's intentions were to go on exploring the cavern, but when she had gone no more than five feet, the darkness receded and the light, which seemingly came from nowhere, reflected off the many jewels embedded into the walls, which made it seem like light through stained glass windows. She strolled on, gazing around herself, until she came to where the corridor separated into four hallways. Each was labeled with a sign that had letters burned into it. Wonder Wolf could easily speak the human language, but she was still working on reading it. She undertook the task of reading the first word on the sign on the far right, and then all the rest of the words.
"C-e-x-v? No, wait. The 'e' is an 'o', and I think that 'x' is a 'z'. C-o-z-v? No, that still doesn't make a word. Well, the 'v' has a tail, so it must be a 'y'. Cozy. And the next is C-o-y-o? Oh. No, that last one is an 'e' and (argh!) that 'y' doesn't have a tail, so it's a 'v'. Cozy Cove." Based on this, I'm guessing you could figure out how long it took for her to figure out the names of the three others: Meeting Area, Dining Hall, and Sleeping Spots. Afterwards, however, she was proud of herself. She had read eight human words, even if it had taken her almost three whole minutes. First she ventured into Cozy Cove. It was a simple room with lots of comfy chairs encircling a circular gas fireplace, and some trees planted in pots. Wonder Wolf went back to the junction. But Meeting Area did not interest her as much as either Dining Hall or Sleeping Spots (especially since she was hungry), so she proceeded on to Dining Hall. It had a kitchen and a seating area, again, quite simple, but she couldn't open any of the doors to which there was food. She then turned around guided her paws into Sleeping Spots. Just a bunch of locked doors. She went all the way to the back, then turned to go out. As she did so, the door directly to her left opened. Disregarding any danger, she entered. Everything was a jade-green shade. A small, half-cylinder cave, which had jade stones jutting out, sat along a wall, with the back against the wall perpendicular. Along that wall was a jade ledge with smaller ledges leading up to it. 'Misty would like that,' she thought. She turned back to face the wall along which the cave was situated. A window overlooked the valley, and another falls which she hadn't noticed when she'd been there just a while ago. In the corner opposite the cave was a comfortable chair. Behind that, on the wall parallel to the ledges, was a sliding door, which she couldn't open. She wandered into the cave. A blanket lined the bottom, but that was all. She then turned her weary feet towards Meeting Area. As she approached the opening, she heard voices. Mostly just one, but occasionally some others, but it didn't matter because they were still voices, voices that spoke the human language. It never had occurred to her, however, that other animals could learn that language. There she stood, breathing heavily, and just about to turn back, when...
"Wonder Wolf!"
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 12:31:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/4/2016 6:16:06 AM, MWonderWolf wrote:

She fell through. At first, she could not understand what had happened. Had she somehow made the rock disintegrate? When she lifted her head, though, the grandeur of the place she ended up in enraptured her. In the middle of a little valley was a cascading waterfall with a rainbow. The sky, which was cloudy just outside, showed above, and made the leaves of the riverside trees glitter. Splitting the cascade of the falls was a little plateau in the middle of the pool at the base, and it had little stones leading to it like a pathway. Nothing she had ever seen remotely compared in beauty. Wonder Wolf staggered to her feet and trotted down to the waterfall.
As she jumped across the stones, the waterfall began to glow. She stopped to stare. The glow grew, and as it grew, it took on a jade-green color. Then it materialized into a star-shaped, jade-green crystal. It just hung there in the middle of the waterfall. Wonder Wolf stared some more. Then she jumped onto the plateau, and when she did so, the crystal fell down, and once it touched the plateau, it received a red band from which it hung. When Wonder Wolf nudged it with her nose, it leapt into the air and the band settled around her neck. Wonder Wolf felt a chill run down her spine, and new muscles appeared on her back. Wings, she actually had wings like a bird! She tried using them on the grass, but failed miserably. This is going to take some practice, she thought.
She jumped back onto the plateau to see if anything would happen. Nothing. Wonder Wolf jumped back off, and a creaking noise came from within the rock. She turned around. The waterfall stopped, as if someone had dammed it, and then, slowly, a door opened. With hardly any hesitation, Wonder Wolf entered. The door closed behind her. In the blackness, she put her paw up to her neck. The crystal was still there, and it was glowing very dimly, but when she touched it, it began glowing brighter. Still growing brighter and brighter, the glow grew until it lit the whole cavern. Maybe it could do more than just make her have wings. Maybe it could get her home, too.
Wonder Wolf's intentions were to go on exploring the cavern, but when she had gone no more than five feet, the darkness receded and the light, which seemingly came from nowhere, reflected off the many jewels embedded into the walls, which made it seem like light through stained glass windows. She strolled on, gazing around herself, until she came to where the corridor separated into four hallways. Each was labeled with a sign that had letters burned into it. Wonder Wolf could easily speak the human language, but she was still working on reading it. She undertook the task of reading the first word on the sign on the far right, and then all the rest of the words.
"C-e-x-v? No, wait. The 'e' is an 'o', and I think that 'x' is a 'z'. C-o-z-v? No, that still doesn't make a word. Well, the 'v' has a tail, so it must be a 'y'. Cozy. And the next is C-o-y-o? Oh. No, that last one is an 'e' and (argh!) that 'y' doesn't have a tail, so it's a 'v'. Cozy Cove." Based on this, I'm guessing you could figure out how long it took for her to figure out the names of the three others: Meeting Area, Dining Hall, and Sleeping Spots. Afterwards, however, she was proud of herself. She had read eight human words, even if it had taken her almost three whole minutes. First she ventured into Cozy Cove. It was a simple room with lots of comfy chairs encircling a circular gas fireplace, and some trees planted in pots. Wonder Wolf went back to the junction. But Meeting Area did not interest her as much as either Dining Hall or Sleeping Spots (especially since she was hungry), so she proceeded on to Dining Hall. It had a kitchen and a seating area, again, quite simple, but she couldn't open any of the doors to which there was food. She then turned around guided her paws into Sleeping Spots. Just a bunch of locked doors. She went all the way to the back, then turned to go out. As she did so, the door directly to her left opened. Disregarding any danger, she entered. Everything was a jade-green shade. A small, half-cylinder cave, which had jade stones jutting out, sat along a wall, with the back against the wall perpendicular. Along that wall was a jade ledge with smaller ledges leading up to it. 'Misty would like that,' she thought. She turned back to face the wall along which the cave was situated. A window overlooked the valley, and another falls which she hadn't noticed when she'd been there just a while ago. In the corner opposite the cave was a comfortable chair. Behind that, on the wall parallel to the ledges, was a sliding door, which she couldn't open. She wandered into the cave. A blanket lined the bottom, but that was all. She then turned her weary feet towards Meeting Area. As she approached the opening, she heard voices. Mostly just one, but occasionally some others, but it didn't matter because they were still voices, voices that spoke the human language. It never had occurred to her, however, that other animals could learn that language. There she stood, breathing heavily, and just about to turn back, when...
"Wonder Wolf!"

The End

*roll credits*

*fade to black*
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 10:52:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/18/2016 12:31:23 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 8/4/2016 6:16:06 AM, MWonderWolf wrote:

"Wonder Wolf!"

The End

*roll credits*

*fade to black*

Heehee! Time for the sequel! More like time to finish the book. It's still a work in progress. :-)