Jump to topic:

Movie Remakes

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:56:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I never liked Ghostbusters. I'm not into Fantasy and I had a hard time appreciating it even as a kid. I've heard mixed reviews on the new Ghostbusters movie, though I assumed all the reviews would be garbage since so many people were outraged at the remaking of this movie (with an all-female cast) and expected + wanted it to fail. That said, as someone who doesn't give a sh!t about the original, do you think viewers without a bias can appreciate the movie? Did you like the movie? Do you plan on seeing it? I don't. Not in theaters. Maybe not ever.

That said, what are some of the best and worse movie remakes to come out lately?

If they could remake any movie of your choice, which would it be and why? Who would you want in the film?
President of DDO
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:59:25 PM
At 7/14/2016 4:56:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
I never liked Ghostbusters. I'm not into Fantasy and I had a hard time appreciating it even as a kid. I've heard mixed reviews on the new Ghostbusters movie, though I assumed all the reviews would be garbage since so many people were outraged at the remaking of this movie (with an all-female cast) and expected + wanted it to fail. That said, as someone who doesn't give a sh!t about the original, do you think viewers without a bias can appreciate the movie? Did you like the movie? Do you plan on seeing it? I don't. Not in theaters. Maybe not ever.

That said, what are some of the best and worse movie remakes to come out lately?

If they could remake any movie of your choice, which would it be and why? Who would you want in the film?

Spooky coincidence cause the Ghost busters theme came on in the other room as I was reading this.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:36:08 PM
The worst remake I've ever seen is The Wicker Man w/ Nick Cage. That or Psycho (1998).

Ben-Hur or Lawrence of Arabia.
Phenenas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:13:35 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:36:08 PM, Torton wrote:

They did remake Ben-Hur, and it's coming out this August. The trailer makes it look like a bad knockoff of Gladiator, though.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:47:30 PM
At 7/16/2016 4:13:35 PM, Phenenas wrote:
At 7/14/2016 10:36:08 PM, Torton wrote:

They did remake Ben-Hur, and it's coming out this August. The trailer makes it look like a bad knockoff of Gladiator, though.
Yeah, It looks horrible. In retrospect, though, I don't think any remake could possibly hold up to the original film.

Tarsem Singh behind Lawrence of Arabia would be fvcking cool, though.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 8:36:39 PM
The Ghostbusters remake was mediocre. It's something you watch on TV at 1:00 AM during the weekend when you have nothing better to do, you don't see anything good on - but you're not quite ready to fall asleep yet. You probably fall asleep before it ends. It wasn't awful, but that's all you can say about it.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 6:10:51 PM
At 7/17/2016 8:36:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
The Ghostbusters remake was mediocre. It's something you watch on TV at 1:00 AM during the weekend when you have nothing better to do, you don't see anything good on - but you're not quite ready to fall asleep yet. You probably fall asleep before it ends. It wasn't awful, but that's all you can say about it.

That's how I feel about most movies. What are some of your favorites? Top 10?
President of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 6:34:41 PM
At 7/19/2016 6:10:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/17/2016 8:36:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

That's how I feel about most movies. What are some of your favorites? Top 10?

My favorite two are Pink Floyd - The Wall and The Shawshank Redemption. After that, I haven't thought much about it.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:44:57 PM

if they had named the movie "spirit trapper" instead and made it a spoof film, then it might have had moderate success. but when the director insulted people most likely to watch the film, then that was the last nail in the coffin for me.