Jump to topic:

Best Matt Damon Movies?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:08:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I say the Jason Bourne series (haven't seen the newest one yet though), The Rainmaker, and Good Will Hunting. What do you think?
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:31:00 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:08:38 PM, Hayd wrote:
I say the Jason Bourne series (haven't seen the newest one yet though), The Rainmaker, and Good Will Hunting. What do you think?

I have only seen the Jason Bourne one, out of your list, and I can't really remember the plot, unfortunately. My favourite Matt Damon movie, is "The Talented Mr Ripley". Ever watched it?
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:31:49 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:31:00 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

I have only seen the Jason Bourne one, out of your list, and I can't really remember the plot, unfortunately. My favourite Matt Damon movie, is "The Talented Mr Ripley". Ever watched it?

It sounds vagely familiar but I haven't seen it
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:32:39 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:31:49 PM, Hayd wrote:

It's possibly one of my favourite movies. I recommend it.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:33:08 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:32:39 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

Whats the genre and whats it about? Is it on netflix?
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:41:47 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:33:08 PM, Hayd wrote:

I guess it can be considered a psychological thriller? I'm not quite sure. I don't know how to summarize it appropriately, as it has a sort of complex plot. Pretty much, it's centered in the 50s, and the protagonist is Tom Ripley (Matt Damon), who can be described as a compulsive liar. I'm not going to elaborate too much about it, don't want to spoil it, in case you want to watch it. I believe it is on netflix (https://dvd.netflix.com...), I have never used netflix though, so idk. If you do watch it, let me know what you think about it later.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 11:41:37 PM
At 8/12/2016 10:41:47 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

I guess it can be considered a psychological thriller? I'm not quite sure. I don't know how to summarize it appropriately, as it has a sort of complex plot. Pretty much, it's centered in the 50s, and the protagonist is Tom Ripley (Matt Damon), who can be described as a compulsive liar. I'm not going to elaborate too much about it, don't want to spoil it, in case you want to watch it. I believe it is on netflix (https://dvd.netflix.com...), I have never used netflix though, so idk. If you do watch it, let me know what you think about it later.

That sounds like my kind of movie. Thanks!
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 12:24:19 AM
At 8/12/2016 11:41:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 8/12/2016 10:41:47 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

That sounds like my kind of movie. Thanks!

You're welcome :)