Jump to topic:

Ex Machina

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:54:52 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Just finished it a couple minutes ago. Super good movie, and it makes me feel better that it came out relatively recently. I felt that good movies are on a decline so it was good to see that.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 7:47:30 AM
At 8/18/2016 5:54:52 AM, Hayd wrote:
Just finished it a couple minutes ago. Super good movie, and it makes me feel better that it came out relatively recently. I felt that good movies are on a decline so it was good to see that.

I looove the philosophical undertones of that movie.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 2:22:09 PM
At 8/18/2016 7:47:30 AM, n7 wrote:

Ya, the ending blew my mind
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 12:05:37 AM

Ikr. They knew what they were talking about (as far as one can one what he is talking about in this regard). However they dodged the question whenever it got serious, like when they came to talk about Mary the scientist (I think) and something interrupted the conversation.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 10:53:44 PM
So did the CEO end up being good? Apparently he set up him being bad to test the AI but that didn't explain him being a perv
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 11:42:55 PM
At 8/19/2016 10:53:44 PM, Hayd wrote:
So did the CEO end up being good? Apparently he set up him being bad to test the AI but that didn't explain him being a perv

Well he was still manipulative, so I don't know if you can call him good.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 1:19:42 AM

What? Especially if you like Sci-Fi, so much good stuff has come out in the past few years.

Good movies are definitely not on the decline, and the amount of crazy good TV would make up for it even if they were.

But yeah, Ex Machina was really good. I have a soft spot for movies that are slow but unrelenting and tense. Gleeson is really good, you should check out Black Mirror (though his episode isn't even one of the better ones) if you havent already.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 1:45:32 PM
At 8/20/2016 1:19:42 AM, Raisor wrote:

What? Especially if you like Sci-Fi, so much good stuff has come out in the past few years.

The Martian was lit

Good movies are definitely not on the decline, and the amount of crazy good TV would make up for it even if they were.

But yeah, Ex Machina was really good. I have a soft spot for movies that are slow but unrelenting and tense. Gleeson is really good, you should check out Black Mirror (though his episode isn't even one of the better ones) if you havent already.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 12:38:49 AM

Actually, now that I think of it movies and TV are awesome. But the rest are bad
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 7:30:59 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I'm gonna watch it then I'll let you know how i like it!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:44:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Loved the movie. I just re-watched i, robot as well so I have really hit the AI movies hard lately. I am going to start an AI thread here soon, it's such a fascinating subject.

The movie was well-done, and the ending was perfect. There should be a law that every hot chick in a movie has to stand naked in front of a mirror discovering her body haha
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:48:55 PM
At 8/20/2016 1:45:32 PM, Hayd wrote:

The Martian was lit

I hated the Martian, I didn't even finish it. Matt Damon's acting was not enough to carry it without other actors to prop him up ("good thing I'm a botanist!" puke). He needs other actors to supplement him, he shouldn't do movies where he is alone lol

Beliefs in a nutshell:
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:22:29 PM
At 10/17/2016 2:48:55 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 8/20/2016 1:45:32 PM, Hayd wrote:

The Martian was lit

I hated the Martian, I didn't even finish it. Matt Damon's acting was not enough to carry it without other actors to prop him up ("good thing I'm a botanist!" puke). He needs other actors to supplement him, he shouldn't do movies where he is alone lol

I disagree. I loved it

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:24:11 PM
At 10/17/2016 2:44:26 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Loved the movie. I just re-watched i, robot as well so I have really hit the AI movies hard lately. I am going to start an AI thread here soon, it's such a fascinating subject.

The movie was well-done, and the ending was perfect. There should be a law that every hot chick in a movie has to stand naked in front of a mirror discovering her body haha

irobot was good too. I think I only saw the second half though. But yeah, AI movies are really good, especially given how relevant they are
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:44:53 PM
At 8/18/2016 2:22:09 PM, Hayd wrote:

Yeah, empathy should be part of the turing test. "Humans" is a a British AI show that's definitely worth watching.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:02:02 PM
At 10/17/2016 4:44:53 PM, Dujec wrote:
At 8/18/2016 2:22:09 PM, Hayd wrote:

Yeah, empathy should be part of the turing test. "Humans" is a a British AI show that's definitely worth watching.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:43:24 PM
At 10/17/2016 2:44:26 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I am going to start an AI thread here soon, it's such a fascinating subject.

http://www.debate.org...
Beliefs in a nutshell: