Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Why are kids shows so terrible these days?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 11:34:39 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
What's happened to kids shows these days? Disney Channel, Nickolodeon, and Cartoon Network used to actually make GOOD kids shows. Nowadays, kids shows are crappy and cheesy.

I remember when Disney Channel used to make GOOD programs that were actually NICE to watch such as Jessie, Good Luck Charlie, The Proud Family, Brandy & Mr Whiskers, Fish Hooks, Gravity Falls, Hannah Montana, Shake It Up, Lizzie McGuire, etc. In fact, Disney Channel even used to have GOOD original movies compared to now like Twitches, Hatching Pete, and Minutemen! Those were the best days of my life as those programs felt like a part of me and they gave me so many amazing memories.

Now, what do I see on Disney Channel?! Nothing but a bunch of crappy, cheesy sitcoms with a bunch of fake laughs. To me, this is sad because Disney Channel used to be full of magic and memories and now it's full of crap and lack of originality.

Nickolodeon also makes horrible kids shows compared to the ones I used to watch and be excited about as a kid such as iCarly, Victorious, Spongebob SquarePants (the old one as the new episodes just suck), The Backyardigans, Winx Club, Marvin Marvin, FRED: The Show, Jimmy Neutron, The Mighty B, Making Fiends, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Zoey 101, Bubble Guppies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.

Nick had some of the most AMAZING programs ever and now they've ruined it with crappy cartoons and cheesy live-action shows that make me want to puke sometimes.

I think Cartoon Network is one of the very few good kids channels left but even then, CN shows aren't as good as they used to be. Cartoon Network used to be AWESOME with shows such as Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Teen Titans (Although I also love Teen Titans Go), George of the Jungle, Chowder, Adventure Time (the old episodes, not the new ones), The Powerpuff Girls (the old version. The new version is HORRIBLE), the old episodes of Regular Show, the old episodes of Steven Universe, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Codename: Kids Next Door, Samurai Jack, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Squirrel Boy, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Class of 3000, Flapjack, and more!

In fact, I think Teen Titans Go and The Amazing World of Gumball are the only good Cartoon Network shows left. Clarence, We Bare Bears, and the new version of The Powerpuff Girls are horrible!

PBS Kids was full of amazing shows like Wordgirl, WordWorld, the old episodes of Sesame Street, Wild Kratts, Cyberspace, Fetch!, Zoobamafoo, etc.

I could go on and on but then this OP would be WAY too long as I have seen THOUSANDS of amazing kids shows and cartoons.

I know this sounds cheesy but kids shows and cartoons are a part of us. They make us feel happy when we're feeling down as most kids shows are optimistic. They give us hope. They bring back memories and moments of happiness.

I feel bad for the kids of this era and the years to come because while most of us watched awesome kids shows, the kids of today and the future are stuck with watching horrible kids shows and cartoons that are so crappy it's heartbreaking.

Why are kids shows so terrible these days compared to the old days? It's pretty sad because I love kids cartoons and now, I can't really watch new kids cartoons as most of these new kids cartoons are LITERALLY just horrible!

When I look back at my childhood, I look back with tears and nostalgia, talking about how amazing all of the kids shows I watched were but I feel like when the kids of today look back at their childhood, they'll look back with disappointment at how crappy their kids programs were.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:51:43 AM
At 8/20/2016 11:34:39 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What's happened to kids shows these days? Disney Channel, Nickolodeon, and Cartoon Network used to actually make GOOD kids shows. Nowadays, kids shows are crappy and cheesy.

I think we glorify the things we used to watch, perhaps due to nostalgia?

I remember when Disney Channel used to make GOOD programs that were actually NICE to watch such as Jessie, Good Luck Charlie, The Proud Family, Brandy & Mr Whiskers, Fish Hooks, Gravity Falls, Hannah Montana, Shake It Up, Lizzie McGuire, etc. In fact, Disney Channel even used to have GOOD original movies compared to now like Twitches, Hatching Pete, and Minutemen! Those were the best days of my life as those programs felt like a part of me and they gave me so many amazing memories.

I have never watched half of these, as I didn't have any American channels, but some of them used to be broadcasted on Italian channels, on which I used to watch them. I think it all boils down to preferences. Maybe it's because you grew up, who knows?

Now, what do I see on Disney Channel?! Nothing but a bunch of crappy, cheesy sitcoms with a bunch of fake laughs. To me, this is sad because Disney Channel used to be full of magic and memories and now it's full of crap and lack of originality.

Well...in all honesty, the fake laughs have always been a thing. I really hate them. It makes shows less tolerable. Although, sitcoms like F.R.I.E.N.D.S and The Nanny, were some of my faves growing up, and they've had laugh tracks.

Nickolodeon also makes horrible kids shows compared to the ones I used to watch and be excited about as a kid such as iCarly, Victorious, Spongebob SquarePants (the old one as the new episodes just suck), The Backyardigans, Winx Club, Marvin Marvin, FRED: The Show, Jimmy Neutron, The Mighty B, Making Fiends, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Zoey 101, Bubble Guppies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.

Out of this list, I've only watched iCarly (which I used to not like), Spongebob, Winx (used to hate this as well), Jimmy Neutron, TMNT and Zoey 101. It's all about preferences I guess.

Nick had some of the most AMAZING programs ever and now they've ruined it with crappy cartoons and cheesy live-action shows that make me want to puke sometimes.
I think Cartoon Network is one of the very few good kids channels left but even then, CN shows aren't as good as they used to be. Cartoon Network used to be AWESOME with shows such as Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Teen Titans (Although I also love Teen Titans Go), George of the Jungle, Chowder, Adventure Time (the old episodes, not the new ones), The Powerpuff Girls (the old version. The new version is HORRIBLE), the old episodes of Regular Show, the old episodes of Steven Universe, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Codename: Kids Next Door, Samurai Jack, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Squirrel Boy, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Class of 3000, Flapjack, and more!
In fact, I think Teen Titans Go and The Amazing World of Gumball are the only good Cartoon Network shows left. Clarence, We Bare Bears, and the new version of The Powerpuff Girls are horrible!

I think you're glorifying them out of nostalgia. This always happens. My mum even says "80s music is definitely the best music", because of her nostalgia.

PBS Kids was full of amazing shows like Wordgirl, WordWorld, the old episodes of Sesame Street, Wild Kratts, Cyberspace, Fetch!, Zoobamafoo, etc.

I could go on and on but then this OP would be WAY too long as I have seen THOUSANDS of amazing kids shows and cartoons.

I know this sounds cheesy but kids shows and cartoons are a part of us. They make us feel happy when we're feeling down as most kids shows are optimistic. They give us hope. They bring back memories and moments of happiness.

I feel bad for the kids of this era and the years to come because while most of us watched awesome kids shows, the kids of today and the future are stuck with watching horrible kids shows and cartoons that are so crappy it's heartbreaking.

They probably will like the current ones there are, as they'll probably make some nice memories tied to them.

Why are kids shows so terrible these days compared to the old days? It's pretty sad because I love kids cartoons and now, I can't really watch new kids cartoons as most of these new kids cartoons are LITERALLY just horrible!

When I look back at my childhood, I look back with tears and nostalgia, talking about how amazing all of the kids shows I watched were but I feel like when the kids of today look back at their childhood, they'll look back with disappointment at how crappy their kids programs were.

It's all about nostalgia. In my childhood, I mostly used to watch Japanese anime that used to be broadcasted on Italian TV channels and translated in Italian. I used to enjoy watching it. When they first had started broadcasting TV shows from Nickelodeon, Disney Channel etc. I had thought the same thing about most of the TV shows you've listed. I had not liked most of them. I preferred the old Italian TV schedule, with anime and funny Italian TV shows.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 9:33:22 PM
At 8/20/2016 11:34:39 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're running out of material or something... altho stars vs forces of evil is a fine show that is currently airing; Rick and Morty season 3 is upcoming; and Samurai Jack is coming back sometime.... so you'll be able to watch something good soon. :)
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10