Jump to topic:

Which Terminator was the best one?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:42:42 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I have seen the first 3. I did not see the fourth or the fifth one, but I heard that the fifth is terrible so I'll focus on the first 3. I hated the third one, and loved the first and second. This is mainly because the second terminator was so cool, especially given the upgrade from the first. The second terminator "model" was simply better, it was capable of doing more things and was just...freaking awesome. Bringing back the awesomeness of the first terminator into the second movie too made it awesome. I can't decide whether I liked the second or first movie better though, I lean towards the first though.

The third terminator was terrible, the second terminator model would beat her in a fight anyday. The plot and scenes sucked, acting sucked. Everything sucked.

What do you guys think?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 5:36:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/4/2016 4:43:56 AM, Hayd wrote:
And should I watch the fourth movie?

In all honesty, Terminator Salvation wasn't that bad.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 6:15:04 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:42:42 AM, Hayd wrote:
I have seen the first 3. I did not see the fourth or the fifth one, but I heard that the fifth is terrible so I'll focus on the first 3. I hated the third one, and loved the first and second. This is mainly because the second terminator was so cool, especially given the upgrade from the first. The second terminator "model" was simply better, it was capable of doing more things and was just...freaking awesome. Bringing back the awesomeness of the first terminator into the second movie too made it awesome. I can't decide whether I liked the second or first movie better though, I lean towards the first though.

The third terminator was terrible, the second terminator model would beat her in a fight anyday. The plot and scenes sucked, acting sucked. Everything sucked.

What do you guys think?

Pretty much +1 on everything you just said.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:08:23 PM

What do you guys think?
Terminator 5 was the first and only movie that I literally walked out of the theater for because of how awful it was. The fourth one was just forgettable beyond all belief. It's a really close call deciding between the first and second one, though.

I like the first one for its suspense/thriller elements in a sci-fi film, which I'm yet to see again in recent years. It felt so intense compared to other films of today or the 80s in general.

I also like the second one for those reasons too, as well as improving on the character of Sarah Connor, giving a nice twist on Schwarzenegger's Terminator, the addition of Robert Patrick as a new Terminator, and the more emotional elements added to the story. For these reasons, I lean towards Terminator 2, but I still absolutely love the first one.

If I were to put all five of them in order from best to worst, it'd go something like this:

Terminator 2, Terminator, Terminator 4, Terminator 3, Terminator 5.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:27:12 PM
At 9/4/2016 7:08:23 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

What do you guys think?
Terminator 5 was the first and only movie that I literally walked out of the theater for because of how awful it was. The fourth one was just forgettable beyond all belief. It's a really close call deciding between the first and second one, though.

I like the first one for its suspense/thriller elements in a sci-fi film, which I'm yet to see again in recent years. It felt so intense compared to other films of today or the 80s in general.

I also like the second one for those reasons too, as well as improving on the character of Sarah Connor, giving a nice twist on Schwarzenegger's Terminator, the addition of Robert Patrick as a new Terminator, and the more emotional elements added to the story. For these reasons, I lean towards Terminator 2, but I still absolutely love the first one.

If I were to put all five of them in order from best to worst, it'd go something like this:

Terminator 2, Terminator, Terminator 4, Terminator 3, Terminator 5.

My thoughts exactly

+1
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:28:21 PM
At 9/4/2016 5:36:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Is it just action? Just a normal action movie?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:38:07 PM
At 9/4/2016 7:28:21 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 9/4/2016 5:36:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Is it just action? Just a normal action movie?

Sometimes
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 4:01:31 PM
I think it is hands-down the first. They started with nothing but a drawing of the machine emerging from fire (the scene where schwarzenegger's skin burns off in the truck-wreck) and expanded out from that to create the epic plot. Schwarzenegger was hired to play the hero, and they realized his true potential as the villain instead (something they couldn't reproduce in the second). The second was an awesome, classic action-flick, they spent a bazillion dollars making the most technologically-superior film to date (and taking so long to film it that John Connor aged noticeably by the end of the film), but it's not the same because it is repeating most of the concepts the first already explored.

The value of the first is more notable when you look at the state of sci-fi at the time. If you compare the search for Spock (1984) with Picard being assimilated by the Borg (1991) you can see that the first film was, relatively, much more impressive.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
alisemi9182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 12:14:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago

What do you guys think?

I think Terminator 2 was the best one.
I like action in all the parts but second one was more exciting.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:47:35 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:20:45 AM, Archaholic wrote:
The best, terminator 2. The worst, the last one, which is the fifth.

+1

Although, the first being the best is debatable
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:08:29 AM

What do you guys think?

#1 was perfect.
#2 was good.
#3 was completely unoriginal.
#4 was bleak and boring.
#5 was confusing and unoriginal.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 2:18:29 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/2/2016 4:08:29 AM, distraff wrote:

#1 was perfect.
#2 was good.
#3 was completely unoriginal.
#4 was bleak and boring.
#5 was confusing and unoriginal.

+1
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 2:22:32 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/9/2016 7:41:23 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Terminator 2

So with the technology advancing at breakneck speed, when can we expect to see Judgment day, when Skynet takes over

https://www.ted.com...

I don't agree with this video but it is short, easy to understand, and kick-4ss.
Beliefs in a nutshell: