Jump to topic:

Just saw Saving Private Ryan

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 9:26:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
It was a good movie, but I don't think I would call it a "masterpiece." It definately showed the brutalities of war extremely well, especially in the beginning in the storming of Omaha beach. But I couldn't find anything outstanding outside of it just giving a sample of the otrocities of war. The drama and the brotherhood created by war, the emotions and the such weren't developed enough. The most it came to was the ammunition guy that spoke both French and German being too afraid to risk his life for his friends, which is ironic since he was going to write a book about the brotherhood that war creates. But that ended up just frustrating me instead of leaving me in awe or emotional about drama in the war.

What do you guys think?
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:33:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
It has it's moments, granted, but should I find it to be playing while zapping between the other channels nowadays I probably wouldn't stop to watch the rest of it.
It's not one of those movies I can or would like to watch over and over.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 8:42:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/4/2016 9:26:37 PM, Hayd wrote:
It was a good movie, but I don't think I would call it a "masterpiece." It definately showed the brutalities of war extremely well, especially in the beginning in the storming of Omaha beach. But I couldn't find anything outstanding outside of it just giving a sample of the otrocities of war. The drama and the brotherhood created by war, the emotions and the such weren't developed enough. The most it came to was the ammunition guy that spoke both French and German being too afraid to risk his life for his friends, which is ironic since he was going to write a book about the brotherhood that war creates. But that ended up just frustrating me instead of leaving me in awe or emotional about drama in the war.

What do you guys think?

Never in my life have I seen such an intense portrayal of war as I did in the first thirty minutes of that film. It totally blew me away when I watched it.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 12:05:45 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/7/2016 8:42:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 9/4/2016 9:26:37 PM, Hayd wrote:

What do you guys think?

Never in my life have I seen such an intense portrayal of war as I did in the first thirty minutes of that film. It totally blew me away when I watched it.

Same. The rest was good too but the first part was the main event