Jump to topic:

Top 5 superhero movies

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 12:05:36 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I just saw batman v superman the other night and, despite what many have said, I thought it was awesome. I saw deadpool a couple months ago and that was really good too, and I feel lucky to have so many great superhero movies being made right now. What are your faves?

In no particular order, mine are:

1. Batman (1989). Batman is tame by today's standards, but when this movie came out it was revolutionary. The best we had before that was hunky-dory Christopher Reeves superman flicks, and practically nothing else. Batman was dark, cutting-edge, provocative, and really cool. The series tanked quickly after the first, and when Spawn came out they were so terrible in comparison they had to be abandoned!

2. Ironman 1. Downey killed it in this film. Career=revived.

3. Deadpool. Downey was funny in Iron man but this film was way funnier. Perhaps it was a bit silly for hardcore comic fans but I thought it was fantastically-entertaining. Look for sequels all day on this one.

4. Batman v superman. I have never been an Affleck fan but he was, using football terminology, a "game-manager" in this one (the term denotes a quarterback who isn't skilled enough to carry the team but at least doesn't hurt the team with mistakes). I loved batman's bulky new look (the eyes were awesome) and this film was entertaining from start to finish. I particularly liked the emotional superman when Batman was about to kill him - very nice touch. Why was it so many disliked this film? Comic critics are the worst lol

5. X-Men days of future past. This film was gripping. Watching X-Men get brutally dismembered in the beginning was jaw-dropping, and the new Xavier and magneto characters are somehow better than the old ones which were already awesome. The best film of an awesome series, hopefully wokverine gets recasted quickly and we get some more!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 4:38:24 PM
1. Spider-Man 2 - My favorite film of all time, incidentally. Perfect comic book movie. Great mix of action and drama.
2. The Dark Knight - Thrilling film. Joker is one of the best villains ever.
3. The Incredibles - Best Fantastic Four movie ever made. JK, very serious movie with great characters and action,
4. Batman Begins - First half of the movie is perfect. Second half (with Scarecrow's plan) is entertaining and has awesome Batman action, but almost seems like a different film.
5. Iron Man - RDJ is perfect as Tony Stark.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 4:40:35 PM
Honorable mentions - Spider-Man (2002), The Dark Knight Rises, X-Men: First Class, Captain America: Civil War
MarvelShiznit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 5:51:19 PM
1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Suicide Squad
3. Iron Man 3
4. Avengers: Age of Ultron
5. Thor: The Dark World
A whale without Ahab is just a whale. A whale with no problems. A stress-free whale. ~Julian Blackthorn

That was heartfelt! If you would have aid that to me when you'd got back I would've cried. ~Emma Carstairs

No man under the sky lives twice. ~Arthur Blackthorn

Life is sort, and wisdom is long to learn. ~Arthur Blackthorn
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 9:29:06 PM
5. Batman & Robin
4. Fantastic Four (2015)
3. Man of Steel
2. Spider-Man 3
1. Suicide Squad
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 3:31:00 AM
I am not a superhero movie person, but I did like The Dark Knight.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Slosim57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 6:32:24 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/13/2016 6:07:23 PM, mrtan10 wrote:
personally.. i vote for Spiderman as my #1 superhero movies..

He is my #1 too.
oronil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 3:37:07 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 9/9/2016 12:05:36 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I just saw batman v superman the other night and, despite what many have said, I thought it was awesome. I saw deadpool a couple months ago and that was really good too, and I feel lucky to have so many great superhero movies being made right now. What are your faves?

In no particular order, mine are:

1. Batman (1989). Batman is tame by today's standards, but when this movie came out it was revolutionary. The best we had before that was hunky-dory Christopher Reeves superman flicks, and practically nothing else. Batman was dark, cutting-edge, provocative, and really cool. The series tanked quickly after the first, and when Spawn came out they were so terrible in comparison they had to be abandoned!

2. Ironman 1. Downey killed it in this film. Career=revived.

3. Deadpool. Downey was funny in Iron man but this film was way funnier. Perhaps it was a bit silly for hardcore comic fans but I thought it was fantastically-entertaining. Look for sequels all day on this one.

4. Batman v superman. I have never been an Affleck fan but he was, using football terminology, a "game-manager" in this one (the term denotes a quarterback who isn't skilled enough to carry the team but at least doesn't hurt the team with mistakes). I loved batman's bulky new look (the eyes were awesome) and this film was entertaining from start to finish. I particularly liked the emotional superman when Batman was about to kill him - very nice touch. Why was it so many disliked this film? Comic critics are the worst lol

5. X-Men days of future past. This film was gripping. Watching X-Men get brutally dismembered in the beginning was jaw-dropping, and the new Xavier and magneto characters are somehow better than the old ones which were already awesome. The best film of an awesome series, hopefully wokverine gets recasted quickly and we get some more!
Hi, this are my favorite superhero films:

1. The Dark Knight: This is by far the best superhero of all time. It's got a great villain, Heath Ledger's Joker was absolutely amazing and a real challenge for the hero. The action scenes are good, and the story is deep, complex and with a lot of characters that give different points of view to the story . I still do not know how Nolan managed to perfectly execute such a complex movie.

2. Batman Begins: This was the movie that brought Batman back to the big screen after the disaster that was "Batman & Robin". A simple story about overcoming fear and a corrupt society, it definitely gets overshadowed by the Dark Knight. It grounded the superhero movie genre, made it a little bit grittier, serious and with high stakes implications and consequences for the hero and the city he is trying to protect.

3. Man of Steel: I still don't understand why this movie haves such a low rotten tomatoes score. I know its is not perfect, the story could have been less somber and more fast paced. But it actually made Superman, vulnerable and relatable. We had to watch Clark Kent/Kal-EL become Superman, struggle with his real identity, and protect a world that is not ready for a person like him. No other superhero movie haves such amazing action sequences, forget the collateral damage the Smallville and Metropolis fight scenes are super cool.

4. Spiderman (2001): There is something special about this movie, the hero is very likeable and the special effects still look kind of good. It is not as serious as Batman Begins but still felt grounded and that final battle against the Green Goblin is good. After Xmen this movie really kicked off the current superhero movie genre, and it is still the best Spiderman movie maybe only matched by Spiderman 2.

5. Avengers: I'm actually not such a fan of the Avengers, the story is similar to Transformers 2 and the special effects aren't that good but you have to give it to Marvel, this was the first major superhero crossover.