Attention Drummers

laleona89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 7:24:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
he's good. I wish I were that good.

I started playing the drums when I was 13 actually about 2 years ago, but not because of fun. At music class we choose a song and even if we don't know how to play an instrument we choose one and learn. I chose the drums just because nobody else would.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:34:35 PM
Most recorded drummer for a reason.

He's a beast. A funky beast, and funky drumming is the best kind of drumming.

I'm a guitar player, but I have a fetish for amazing drummers.

Here is one of my favorites.

Terry Bozzio, nigga
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 9:53:56 PM
Yeah man! Pretty Purdie is the bomb, up there with Clyde Stubblefield, Mitch Mitchell, Frankie Cashwaddy, John Bonham, Buddy Miles, Billy Cobham and Keith Moon as one of my favourite drummers.

This is an awesome cut and paste mashup of youtube vids which uses that Purdie one Panda posted as the foundation by the way.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 2:53:11 PM
Buddy Rich is up there in the best drummers who have ever lived. He's especially cool, because he's an old school jazz drummer who was doing mad stuff before rock really re-invented drumming. Used a very bare bones set, and is one of the early revolutionaries.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:56:34 PM
^
Vinnie Colaiuta, hell yes.

He played for/with my two of my favorite guitarists of all time, Frank Zappa and Jeff Beck. Best drummer that Zappa ever had, hands down. They had an amazing chemistry. Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar was as much a drumgasm album as it was a guitar album.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:00:23 PM
By the way, that video seriously kicks major @ss. 3 of the best drummers around, all playing at the same time.

It's a rhythmic orgasm, seriously. Dave Weckl is also a beast.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:52:29 PM
Yeah, I love all three of those drummers. Weckl I have listened to the least, but I had an instructional video by him when I was younger. Colaiuta is definately one of my favorite drummers, the videos of him playing with Jeff Beck are incredible. I have been lucky enough to see him live twice with Herbie Hancock and with the Five Peace Band (Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Christian McBride, cant remember the fourth).

Steve Gadd just grooves with everything he plays, hes got to be one of my favorites too.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:11:54 PM
Another one of my favorite drummers.

Danny Carey from Tool.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 2:40:36 PM
Yeah, no doubt Danny Carey rocks and is so unique in his playing.

Ever heard of JoJo Mayer? I hadn't until about 6 months ago. He has some insane chops, sounds like a drum machine sometimes. Here is a good video of him, I can't get to youtube at work but you can find the same one on there using keywords "Jojo Mayer Jabon". The song gets kind of repetitive, he really starts going off about the 4 minute mark with a solo at 5:20 or so.

http://www.dailymotion.com...