Jump to topic:

The PS3

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 9:01:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Before i get started let me just say I think it's a wonderful console with great exclusive titles. With that being said however, it's a disappointment to the gaming world. When will sony come out with an original feature for the PS3 every feature it has was ripped out from something else. I'll give it credit for the wi-fi and internet explorer(however crappy it may be)
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 9:38:23 PM
At 1/20/2011 9:01:30 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Before i get started let me just say I think it's a wonderful console with great exclusive titles. With that being said however, it's a disappointment to the gaming world. When will sony come out with an original feature for the PS3 every feature it has was ripped out from something else. I'll give it credit for the wi-fi and internet explorer(however crappy it may be)

Is there a better alternative? lawl
boomeranghugs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 9:51:03 PM
The one this that XBOX has that I want to kill Sony for not getting first: Left for Dead 2.
Being a nerd really pays off sometimes.
Ken Jennings
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:00:20 PM

It didn't originate Wi-Fi as a standard in a console, the Wii did.
And the online service is free, however not nearly as good as XBL.
And the internet explorer really is not that cool of an item...
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:15:30 PM
At 1/21/2011 8:06:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
PC > CONSOLE (nac)

This is true.
Except in the case of North American competitive gaming, the only time where it's better to be on console than PC.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 4:12:03 PM
At 1/20/2011 9:36:28 PM, boomeranghugs wrote:
PS3 = FREE online gaming
XBOX = NOT FREE online gaming.

This says alot, unless I'm just cheap. I'm not really much of a gamer though so, meh.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 7:47:54 PM

I bought the Ps3 for the exclusives and the free play.
And the fact that we get free bonus stuff on non-exclusive games for just having a Ps3.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 8:05:53 AM
The PS3 is better than the Xbox, and I'll give you the reasons why:

1) Free online gaming. Although the servers for some games aren't as good as the Xbox live ones, most are comparably the same, the difference being PSN is free.

2) Wireless is free.

3) It's a Blu-ray player.

4) You can get a PS3 with 320 GB. The Xbox only goes to 250 GB.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 2:23:29 AM
At 1/23/2011 8:05:53 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

1) Free online gaming. Although the servers for some games aren't as good as the Xbox live ones, most are comparably the same, the difference being PSN is free.
free doesn't equal better. our servers are waaaaay better.

2) Wireless is free.
My wireless internet is free

I can download over 10,000 HD movies, its the same thing

That really doesn't equal better. Talk about waste of space....
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:21:17 PM
In the words of El Presador... "Alright People,"
Let me break this down in what could be called, a biblical piece of beasting.
What we have is an uninformed noob. Yes this noob is using the same arguments that have been spit out by PS3 fanboys since day 1.
So let's break this down.

The difference is that you can't play Black Ops on the PS3 and call it fun online.
Not possible at this point in time, it's a screwed up game.
Beyond that we 360 users also get free usage of ESPN for live coverage of games.
REALLY nice feature considering some of them are in HD.

2) Wireless is free.
Wireless is free on the current standard of 360 as well and on the old 360, it wasn't too difficult to bridge a connection from a Laptop.
Never was an issue and wireless is still a completely inferior means for internet on comparison to wired.

And....?
You can watch Blu-ray's in High-Def.
Cool.
I can do that for free on the internet all day everyday on my computer.

PS3's also require a partial game install to play their games.
Let me go in depth with you nooby.
See optical media still struggles, read/write speeds aren't that great and are kind of at a stand still as to how fast they can go. By having your games on Blu-Ray you have oodles of GB's of information. Sometimes this is too much information to be transferred for the system to handle. Why yes, if it weren't for these partial game installs, there would be times where your game would either dip to 10 FPS and your PS3 would struggle like a bulldozer pushing over the statue of Liberty, but Sony saw this, and put in partial game installs. Games such as Devil May Cry 4 (5GB) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (5.3GB) and Lost Planet (5GB) all add on a decent chunk of data. So by playing those games, you just lost 15 GB's of your HD space and this is why the PS3 has always had a bigger hard drive and why Blu-Ray is not the greatest idea for a gaming media, instead Flash media should be implemented, but Sony was too busy pushing its own fight in the technological world. (keep in mind that the PS3 was a push for the Blu-Ray vs. HDDVD)

In the end.
You just got roasted nooby.
Good day sir.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:30:28 PM
At 1/24/2011 12:25:59 PM, Sangers wrote:
The arguments above are old. Exclusives determine the superiority of a console. 2011, atm, has a clear winner. :P

Halo: CE remake > any game the PS3 could ever come up with even Little Big Killzone Gear Solid Turismo.
Halo: CE revolutionized shooters on the console.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:31:35 PM
The arguments above are old. Exclusives determine the superiority of a console. 2011, atm, has a clear winner. :P

Wait...
Most of these arguments can only be like 6 months old, whereas the PS3 arguments nooby presented have been used since the PS3 first came out...
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:40:50 PM
At 1/24/2011 12:30:28 PM, zGodMode wrote:

Halo: CE remake > any game the PS3 could ever come up with even Little Big Killzone Gear Solid Turismo.

You can convince yourself that, but you don't know what you've been/will missing out on. :P 2011 ps3 high profile exclusives : Killzone 3, Little big Planet 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Rachet & Clank and The last guardian. For 360, however Forza 3 and Gears of war 3, both of them comes out during the fall.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:43:42 PM
At 1/24/2011 12:40:50 PM, Sangers wrote:

You can convince yourself that, but you don't know what you've been/will missing out on. :P 2011 ps3 high profile exclusives : Killzone 3, Little big Planet 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Rachet & Clank and The last guardian. For 360, however Forza 3 and Gears of war 3, both of them comes out during the fall.

You still didn't mention the Halo: CE remake.
And that's because you are a casual, not competitive gamer.
Halo: CE made console competitive gaming. It still remains the most balanced, least glitchy, best overall console competitive game of all time.
I've played a good deal of those games and they're solid games, but not enough to make me want to buy the system.
Mario Sports Mix is better than any of those listed.
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:51:38 PM
Halo: CE made console competitive gaming. It still remains the most balanced, least glitchy, best overall console competitive game of all time.
I've played a good deal of those games and they're solid games, but not enough to make me want to buy the system.

Hahaha... now ur trolling :D Halo CE remake was a rumour, which microsoft I believe denied :P I don't think it'd be wise for you to put much faith in it anyways, because Bungie wasn't the "developer."

I don't hate Xbox360 :P It's just that 2011 is a far better year for PS3.

Also, ur profile tells me you play Starcraft. Do you mean SC1 or Sc2? (SC2 player here :P)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:02:28 PM
At 1/24/2011 2:23:29 AM, MarquisX wrote:

free doesn't equal better. our servers are waaaaay better.

I mentioned that artard.

2) Wireless is free.
My wireless internet is free

You buy a wireless add-on for the Xbox herp-derp-a-derp.

I can download over 10,000 HD movies, its the same thing

So can the PS3.

That really doesn't equal better. Talk about waste of space....

How are you gonna download those 10,000 HD movies.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:11:14 PM
At 1/24/2011 12:21:17 PM, zGodMode wrote:
What we have is an uninformed noob. Yes this noob is using the same arguments that have been spit out by PS3 fanboys since day 1.

The difference is that you can't play Black Ops on the PS3 and call it fun online.

Black Ops is one game. An anomaly.

Beyond that we 360 users also get free usage of ESPN for live coverage of games.

"Free for gold members" - Hardly free.

2) Wireless is free.
Wireless is free on the current standard of 360 as well and on the old 360, it wasn't too difficult to bridge a connection from a Laptop.
Never was an issue and wireless is still a completely inferior means for internet on comparison to wired.

Wireless is important considering most houses have wired or wireless.

And....?
Cool.

Blu-ray is more convenient and less prone to viruses. Not everyone is a hardcore lifeless techie.

See optical media still struggles, read/write speeds aren't that great and are kind of at a stand still as to how fast they can go. By having your games on Blu-Ray you have oodles of GB's of information. Sometimes this is too much information to be transferred for the system to handle. Why yes, if it weren't for these partial game installs, there would be times where your game would either dip to 10 FPS and your PS3 would struggle like a bulldozer pushing over the statue of Liberty, but Sony saw this, and put in partial game installs. Games such as Devil May Cry 4 (5GB) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (5.3GB) and Lost Planet (5GB) all add on a decent chunk of data. So by playing those games, you just lost 15 GB's of your HD space and this is why the PS3 has always had a bigger hard drive and why Blu-Ray is not the greatest idea for a gaming media, instead Flash media should be implemented, but Sony was too busy pushing its own fight in the technological world. (keep in mind that the PS3 was a push for the Blu-Ray vs. HDDVD)

And what does the Xbox do in comparison? You argued against the PS3 but not in favor of the 360.

In the end.

Nope.

Good day sir.

Hat tip.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:12:43 PM

Seriously, your biggest thing is a f*cking re-make? Seriously?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:14:39 PM

pffftt, i play black ops on the playstation the whole time, and love it! ...besides the connection problems, which can be a pain.. but it's still free :)

also playstation controllers offer more precise control, as we've chatted about before, and what are first person shooters all about? precision possibly? :)

2) Wireless is free.

any means of wireless for the xbox is still an external means though which is another mark against your sh1tty xbox :P

And....?
Cool.

yeah, so can i... can you do it on your xbox?

See optical media still struggles, read/write speeds aren't that great and are kind of at a stand still as to how fast they can go.

i was learning about this today in college. my teacher said the same.. he reckons light technology is the way of the future..

By having your games on Blu-Ray you have oodles of GB's of information. Sometimes this is too much information to be transferred for the system to handle. Why yes, if it weren't for these partial game installs, there would be times where your game would either dip to 10 FPS and your PS3 would struggle like a bulldozer pushing over the statue of Liberty, but Sony saw this, and put in partial game installs. Games such as Devil May Cry 4 (5GB) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (5.3GB) and Lost Planet (5GB) all add on a decent chunk of data. So by playing those games, you just lost 15 GB's of your HD space and this is why the PS3 has always had a bigger hard drive and why Blu-Ray is not the greatest idea for a gaming media, instead Flash media should be implemented, but Sony was too busy pushing its own fight in the technological world. (keep in mind that the PS3 was a push for the Blu-Ray vs. HDDVD)

huh? so ps3 still has more space and a blu-ray player? so...

In the end.
Good day sir.

pfffttt..
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 1:16:27 PM
At 1/24/2011 1:14:58 PM, Sangers wrote:
Heyyy Panda :D These americans and their xbox right? :P

Yeah, their hurr durr 360's.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:38:23 PM
At 1/24/2011 12:51:38 PM, Sangers wrote:

Hahaha... now ur trolling :D Halo CE remake was a rumour, which microsoft I believe denied :P I don't think it'd be wise for you to put much faith in it anyways, because Bungie wasn't the "developer."

I don't hate Xbox360 :P It's just that 2011 is a far better year for PS3.

Also, ur profile tells me you play Starcraft. Do you mean SC1 or Sc2? (SC2 player here :P)

Not trolling at all.
Microsoft did say something, but didn't outright deny it, the general belief is that Halo "4" is going to be a remake of Halo CE on Reach's engine.
And I'd rather not have Bungie be the dev, they're terrible. They hired Sage Merrill and still couldn't develop a working bloom system.

Also I love Mario Sports games. I hosted a Mario Baseball league lol.
I play both SC2 and 1 off and on, I haven't taken the time to get good at it though, I'm more into FPS's and WoW.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:46:36 PM
At 1/24/2011 1:11:14 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Black Ops is one game. An anomaly.
Also the current most active game and one of the few games I, myself, would play on the PS3.

"Free for gold members" - Hardly free.
Really not that pricey of a service, I afforded it when I was 14.

2) Wireless is free.

Wireless is important considering most houses have wired or wireless.
...or both.
Wireless gaming is a failure, I know this from first hand encounters.

And....?
Cool.

Blu-ray is more convenient and less prone to viruses. Not everyone is a hardcore lifeless techie.
Ahem.
http://thenextweb.com...
Just replace the words DVD with Blu-Ray.
And I have yet to get a virus that has done anything but get deleted right away from pirating. Dude, even Dark knows how to pirate and he couldn't burn the goddamn rope in the game Burn the Rope.
You know what you do in burn the rope.
YOU BURN THE GODDAMN ROPE
My point being that your average teenager this day and age can pirate quite easily, it doesn't require you to be smart, I'm sure even someone of your technological standings could succeed.

And what does the Xbox do in comparison? You argued against the PS3 but not in favor of the 360.
The Xbox doesn't take up 5 GB per game on your hard-drive. That was the point. I don't understand how you don't comprehend the point I made above. Let me break it down into a simple statement. The 250 GB HDD on the 360 will go further and hold more data than the 320 GB HDD on the PS3, because each game you play on the PS3 installs up to 5.3 GB of data.

In the end.

Nope.
Well you did. I just had to break it down even further for you.

Good day sir.

Hat tip.