Jump to topic:

Studio Ghibli

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2011 5:14:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who else here has watched the movies they produced and is a fan? I don't really like anime but their movies are really great.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2011 6:07:53 PM
Yes, of course. Studio Ghibli produces the work of Hayao Miyazaki, who is sometime's called "Japan's Walt Disney." The movies are extraordinarily well-animated and imaginative. Many fans like all the films, but I'm not so keen on Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind as the others. If you haven't seen any, maybe Castle in the Sky or My Neighbor Totoro are good ones to try.

Not by Studio Ghibli, but of that quality, is the overlooked Kamichu series.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2011 7:05:05 PM
I'm not really a fan of the more lighthearted ones such as Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, or My Neighbor Totoro, but I do like the ones geared for an older audience.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 10:34:16 AM
I have seen Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. By far my favorite is Spirited.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine