Jump to topic:

Scamming baiting

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 2:27:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As usual, got more scam spam in my DDO inbox today. I'm sure most of you got the same one. You know the story, this b*tch thinks you're amazing, she wants to start a relationship with you (even though she doesn't know you), yada, yada, yada. Eventually if you contact "her" (she's really a 110 lb Nigerian dude sitting in a cyber cafe), she'll further try to reel you in to set up the scam. You know the routine. Oh, wire me some money so I can see you. My father is a millionaire who has an off-shore account but can't access it without your money to initiate it. LOL! Yeah, okay...

Well, I'm gonna f*ck with "her" a little bit and make them run around in circles. Scamming the scammers is the name of the game, and the idea is to make them waste time, effort, and money... and also to humiliate them for as long as possible.

Feel free to play along. It's for all our entertainment. Happy hunting DDO!!!

My actual reply:

"Show me naked pictures of yourself, write "SLUT" on your stomach, and stick your right middle finger inside your vagina, so that I know you are a real person. I know that is a strange request, but you could just get a naked picture from anywhere. This way I will be able to fully trust you.

I don't care about race. I like pretty women of all races... White, black, Asian, whatever.

If you don't do everything I ask, then I will not believe you. I'm very lonely and I hope that you are being sincere."
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 2:41:03 PM
Sh*t... The title should've been "Scam Baiting." I changed it from "Scamming the Scammers." Whatever, you all get the point.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 2:56:58 PM
At 2/3/2011 2:47:39 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/3/2011 2:47:12 PM, badger wrote:
i never get mail like that on here.

like not once, ever..

they must know i'd say.. they see me on the forums and they're like, "we've no hope of fooling that fella anyway" lol
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 3:04:19 PM
At 2/3/2011 2:47:39 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/3/2011 2:47:12 PM, badger wrote:
i never get mail like that on here.

like not once, ever..:

Really? I get this nonsense all the time. Well, if you'd like to still play along, create a fake email account that does NOT have your real name. Here's this "b*tch's" email addy.

christianagirl2007@

yahoo.de
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 3:08:11 PM
i don't get them either. i always jus figured it was cause my info said female though. women aren't horny enough for teh scam to work.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 3:10:12 PM
At 2/3/2011 3:08:11 PM, belle wrote:
i don't get them either. i always jus figured it was cause my info said female though. women aren't horny enough for teh scam to work.

actually.. that might be it! they're thinking i'm so sexy that i won't risk the gamble.. damn you clever scammers! lol
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 3:15:39 PM
You guys don't get this stuff in your email either? You've never had a Nigerian 419 scam before?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 4:44:01 AM
Scam baiting for the win. I've spent hours reading the epic sagas some of the really hardcore scam baiters but those poor nigerians through.

One guy convinced this idiot to tie a rock to his dick and take a picture.
Another one he talked into paying for the shipping on a package that was supposed to be laptops but was really just burnt out hard-drives and stuff.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 4:46:06 AM
Also, I don't receive spam here either. This is because I only accept friend requests from people I've seen being active in the forum or debated against. No messages from non-friends. Win.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 5:21:12 AM
At 2/4/2011 4:46:06 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Also, I don't receive spam here either. This is because I only accept friend requests from people I've seen being active in the forum or debated against. No messages from non-friends. Win.:

I'd better go in to my settings then!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 10:27:43 AM
I've do that all the time, more in emails than on ddo.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:53:46 PM
At 2/4/2011 4:44:01 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Scam baiting for the win. I've spent hours reading the epic sagas some of the really hardcore scam baiters but those poor nigerians through.

One guy convinced this idiot to tie a rock to his dick and take a picture.
Another one he talked into paying for the shipping on a package that was supposed to be laptops but was really just burnt out hard-drives and stuff.

Is that second one referring to P-P-P-P-Powerbook?