Jump to topic:

I'm glad I'm not an american

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 6:41:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
-_- we haz an edumacation. unlik thez peepel.

i couldn't stop laughing after watching this, I'm not trying to insult Americans, its just these people who give the USA a bad look.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 7:04:22 AM
Fake. I'm an American and I can locate Iran on a map.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:24:11 AM
At 3/18/2013 7:04:22 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Well. There's also the fact that this is an Australian show, and all of them when asked to put a marker on a country put it on Australia. I wasn't sure if it was fake till I saw that bit.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 1:29:05 PM
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 2:00:34 PM
At 3/18/2013 11:24:11 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Well. There's also the fact that this is an Australian show, and all of them when asked to put a marker on a country put it on Australia. I wasn't sure if it was fake till I saw that bit.

It's because it said Iran where Australia is. The map had the names on it, just in the wrong places.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 3:25:05 PM
Aside from a few odd south pacific islands, I can probably locate just about any country on a blank map. The only area that I can get a bit fuzzy on is the central western African coast.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 3:38:37 PM

At least unlike many on this site I know that our society is not located up in "libertarian" cloud-cuckoo-land, but rather down here on planet earth where the regime of the rich, aka unfettered capitalism, =/= liberty and justice for all.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 3:49:22 PM

You are in the minority.
Tsar of DDO
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 3:57:38 PM
I also have no use for thinking in parochial and existentially puny terms such as being a Liechtensteinian or a Nauruan or an American or what have you. I would prefer to say, with the 17th-century philosopher John Toland, "The sun is my father, the earth my mother, the world is my country and all men are my family."
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 1:31:42 AM
At 3/18/2013 2:15:28 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I would prefer not to be australian, stupid racist bastard.

I'm not Australian and I like Americans, they make the best comedians.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 7:43:23 AM
At 3/19/2013 1:31:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Not a chance. The English are much more funny.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:14:54 PM
At 3/19/2013 7:43:23 AM, phantom wrote:
At 3/19/2013 1:31:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Not a chance. The English are much more funny.

I concur actually, the poms do make afternoon tea quite a sport.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:20:19 PM
Yeah...thats probably staged, or they just picked only the people who actually know.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lovebotlass17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 6:49:46 PM
Unfortunately, the dumbest here seem to make more noise and be louder than their more intelligent counterparts. So yes, they do make us look bad.

Ahmuricah.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 6:54:51 PM
At 3/20/2013 6:49:46 PM, Lovebotlass17 wrote:
Unfortunately, the dumbest here seem to make more noise and be louder than their more intelligent counterparts. So yes, they do make us look bad.

Ahmuricah.

The dumb have to shout, while the smart can whisper and still be heard. It isn't the volume, but the power of your words.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Lovebotlass17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:21:33 PM
At 3/20/2013 6:54:51 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/20/2013 6:49:46 PM, Lovebotlass17 wrote:

Ahmuricah.

The dumb have to shout, while the smart can whisper and still be heard. It isn't the volume, but the power of your words.

Then why are there videos like this circling the web? Why do I rarely see the intelligent Americans showing off their knowledge yet I always see videos and blogs mocking the idiocy of some of us? (Granted, they are out there, but nobody really wants to hear the smart ones). Face it. The world wants everyone to know how dumb we can be, while those who are intelligent are simply drowned out.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:25:15 PM
Invade Canada!!!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:26:08 PM
At 3/20/2013 7:25:15 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Blame Canada!!!

Fix'd
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:35:04 PM
Invade Canada!!!

At 3/20/2013 7:26:08 PM, Oryus wrote:
Blame Canada!!!

Fix'd