Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Which Superhuman Ability Would You Want?

MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:53:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I will start off by stating I would like to have chi augmentation. Just the thought of being able to channel chi through out my body and use it to condition my body to superhuman levels is just amazing.

Now, what superhuman ability would you posses? And remember, you can only choose one.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 10:31:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
That's not superhuman though. If you meditate enough, that goal is accomplishable.

If we're continuing on the 'really cool human abilities' path, I'd personally like the ability to learn anything to a degree of consummate skill within two weeks.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Aleafe1999
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 12:47:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Personally I would like to be able to read minds. To be able to know what someone's thinking is so cool! Plus this power has other benefits such as knowing whether someone's telling the truth as well.
Izazovnog
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 3:13:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A super-human brain. I would win debates, geuss what people are thinking. Know exactly what has happened. It would be fun!
Debate! Challenge me, it will be fun!
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 7:00:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/4/2013 10:31:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
That's not superhuman though. If you meditate enough, that goal is accomplishable.

If we're continuing on the 'really cool human abilities' path, I'd personally like the ability to learn anything to a degree of consummate skill within two weeks.

The ability of peak human mentality? Hmm...very intriguing. And your right about the whole "meditation' thing. But I would like to be able to condition my body and release chi beams.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 7:05:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/7/2013 3:13:52 PM, Izazovnog wrote:
A super-human brain. I would win debates, geuss what people are thinking. Know exactly what has happened. It would be fun!

Nice. Superhuman intelligence. You'd be highly knowledgable in that aspect. I would like to be able to channel my chi and condition my mentality
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 7:26:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/4/2013 12:47:58 PM, Aleafe1999 wrote:
Personally I would like to be able to read minds. To be able to know what someone's thinking is so cool! Plus this power has other benefits such as knowing whether someone's telling the truth as well.

That would be highly effective in battle. Knowing your opponents moves before hand. As for knowing if they're telling the truth, I believe there is a name for that but I can't remember at the current moment.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 7:38:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/7/2013 7:02:35 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Space-time control.

Isn't that similar to reality warping?
Kumquatodor
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 12:59:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would want time-perception.

Example: There is a test in math. It will be boring. I'll just Power up my Time-Perception powers... Do it. That was an hour test, but it felt like 2 seconds!
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 8:57:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 12:59:12 AM, Kumquatodor wrote:
I would want time-perception.

Example: There is a test in math. It will be boring. I'll just Power up my Time-Perception powers... Do it. That was an hour test, but it felt like 2 seconds!

That would be useful for when my Mom is having another one of those "no-so-intriguing" repetitive rants.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:05:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/7/2013 8:42:48 PM, TN05 wrote:
Shapeshifting.

I would shape shift into a highly proficient ninja.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:35:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 11:24:28 PM, DebatingAccount wrote:
The ability to do whatever I see.
*watches every Marvel and DC movie*

I forgot what that ability was called. It's a highly useful skill when in combat. Harness the moves of your opponent and become as proficient as him/her.
johndoesmith08
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 2:56:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh my goodness I have longed for this sooo many years...

Mine would be the ability to divide, as in physically divide in to multiples copies of myself, all of whom are no weaker (no divinding of power or abilities) and possess the exact same personalities, who share the same thought processes/decision making and consciousness and CANNOT GO ROGUE. Then can recombine and share all memories and experiences back into one.

Reasoning: In College you wake up, one of you goes to class, one studies and does todays homework, the other one goes to the gym and the other can go make relationships and have new experiences and have fun. None are jealous of each other as they all ultimately are the same, one, and will share in each others experiences when recombined. No one will get stuck with jobs as its ultimately you doing them all so their will be no rivalry or bitterness and no going Rogue. That way next saturday two can be at work making money, one studying for finals, the other sleeping off friday night and playing video games! Tell me thats not the best power ever.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 10:11:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Reincarnation.

Every time I die, I am born again. Not to a person. I just appear, in the form of a young child, in a random place nearby by people, in a random time. And I remember everything from my previous lives, but only once I am 18 years old.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:24:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 2:56:38 AM, johndoesmith08 wrote:
Oh my goodness I have longed for this sooo many years...

Mine would be the ability to divide, as in physically divide in to multiples copies of myself, all of whom are no weaker (no divinding of power or abilities) and possess the exact same personalities, who share the same thought processes/decision making and consciousness and CANNOT GO ROGUE. Then can recombine and share all memories and experiences back into one.

Reasoning: In College you wake up, one of you goes to class, one studies and does todays homework, the other one goes to the gym and the other can go make relationships and have new experiences and have fun. None are jealous of each other as they all ultimately are the same, one, and will share in each others experiences when recombined. No one will get stuck with jobs as its ultimately you doing them all so their will be no rivalry or bitterness and no going Rogue. That way next
saturday two can be

That's a pretty effective superpower! And the fact that they cannot go ROGUE is just awesome. That way, there's no quarreling or envy amoung them. But are you talking about infinite amounts of clones or just a certain amount?

at work making money, one studying for finals, the other sleeping off friday night and playing video games! Tell me thats not the best power ever.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:32:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/13/2013 7:18:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The ability to stop time.

It's the best power if you think about it.

It is a great power but isn't there a limit as to how long you freeze time? But aside from that, it is a good power. I could pause time to have an adva ntage over enemies. Ex. A group of people try to mug me, right? I pause time and walk right pass them without laying a single punch. Dude, tell me that isn't the shyte?
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:57:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 10:11:33 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Reincarnation.

Every time I die, I am born again. Not to a person. I just appear, in the form of a young child, in a random place nearby by people, in a random time. And I remember everything from my previous lives, but only once I am 18 years old.

Oh, your talking about physical reincarnation. That's pretty efficient, considering that it is a form of immortality.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 3:24:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/13/2013 7:18:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The ability to stop time.

It's the best power if you think about it.

As long as you don't age while time is stopped.

I wouldn't mind being able to read minds and the ability to turn invisible at will.
LibertarianWithAVoice
Posts: 76
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 10:42:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would want the ability to control energy. It would be very useful and unbeatable. If someone is stronger, faster, more powerful, all you have to do is rip their energy out. " You shape-shift into a 100ft dinosaur? No glucose for you." " Oh, your a robot with lasers and missiles? No more Power to your batteries." " You're beating m in a debate? Have fun with no computer or phone."
Teleportation
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:07:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The ability to manipulate space-time, allowing for the manipulation of gravity and the creation of black holes and wormholes. You can probably figure out what else you can do with it.
Teleportation
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:10:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/13/2013 7:18:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The ability to stop time.

It's the best power if you think about it.

The best power, right? What makes it so special that it doesn't stop time for you as well, leaving only you to experience and be trapped forever in the eternal abyss of your time-distorted reality?
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 9:32:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/14/2013 11:57:20 AM, MrProfound wrote:
At 7/12/2013 10:11:33 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Reincarnation.

Every time I die, I am born again. Not to a person. I just appear, in the form of a young child, in a random place nearby by people, in a random time. And I remember everything from my previous lives, but only once I am 18 years old.

Oh, your talking about physical reincarnation. That's pretty efficient, considering that it is a form of immortality.

That's the point. The only issue I'v seen with it, is that it creates a circle of me continuously reincarnating to the point where the world is over run by mes. This could be dealt with in small print.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:05:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/17/2013 2:10:10 AM, Teleportation wrote:
At 7/13/2013 7:18:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The ability to stop time.

It's the best power if you think about it.

The best power, right? What makes it so special that it doesn't stop time for you as well, leaving only you to experience and be trapped forever in the eternal abyss of your time-distorted reality?

Can you...further elaborate that? Because it now sounds like you are referring to alternate reality.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:10:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/17/2013 9:32:19 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 7/14/2013 11:57:20 AM, MrProfound wrote:
At 7/12/2013 10:11:33 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Reincarnation.

Every time I die, I am born again. Not to a person. I just appear, in the form of a young child, in a random place nearby by people, in a random time. And I remember everything from my previous lives, but only once I am 18 years old.

Oh, your talking about physical reincarnation. That's pretty efficient, considering that it is a form of immortality

But technically, since you continuiously reincarnate, shouldn't there be only a single you?

.


That's the point. The only issue I'v seen with it, is that it creates a circle of me continuously reincarnating to the point where the world is over run by mes. This could be dealt with in small print.
Teleportation
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:57:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/17/2013 7:05:56 PM, MrProfound wrote:
At 7/17/2013 2:10:10 AM, Teleportation wrote:
At 7/13/2013 7:18:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The ability to stop time.

It's the best power if you think about it.

The best power, right? What makes it so special that it doesn't stop time for you as well, leaving only you to experience and be trapped forever in the eternal abyss of your time-distorted reality?

Can you...further elaborate that? Because it now sounds like you are referring to alternate reality.

When you think of stopping time, you basically are the only one in the 'stopped time' reality. Since stopping time would technically stop time for you as well, and others can't function in that 'time-stopped world'(since time is stopped) , you would be trapped forever in that 'time-stopped' reality for eternity, because only you can view and go into that reality. It sounds a bit ludicrous, but meh.