The gradesystem in English-speaking countries

espoir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:42:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi!

In Sweden we have just a while ago changed the grade system to A, B, C, D, E, F. I thought it would be the same system as the system in English speaking countries. However it seems to be quite different still, and I would be glad if someone could try to explain what every letter stands for, for kind of grade. In Sweden A is the highest, B is quite high, C is average, D is quite low, E is lower and F is when you fail.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:48:20 AM
At 12/23/2013 10:42:42 AM, espoir wrote:
Hi!

In Sweden we have just a while ago changed the grade system to A, B, C, D, E, F. I thought it would be the same system as the system in English speaking countries. However it seems to be quite different still, and I would be glad if someone could try to explain what every letter stands for, for kind of grade. In Sweden A is the highest, B is quite high, C is average, D is quite low, E is lower and F is when you fail.

english system has no e
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
espoir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:50:29 AM
At 12/23/2013 10:48:20 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/23/2013 10:42:42 AM, espoir wrote:
Hi!

english system has no e
That's quite strange, to skip a letter in the alphabet when you've followed it through otherwise.