Jump to topic:

Common core math

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:49:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Use base ten blocks to model 156. Place 2 tens below the hundred to form a rectangle. How many groups of 12 does the rectangle show? How much of the dividend in not shown in this rectangle?

This is an actual math problem from my sons math book.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 3:03:01 PM
At 10/5/2014 6:49:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
Use base ten blocks to model 156. Place 2 tens below the hundred to form a rectangle. How many groups of 12 does the rectangle show? How much of the dividend in not shown in this rectangle?

My work here is, finally, done.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:18:31 AM
If theirs a 200 pound man in a pastry shop with a 20 dollar bill and he's ready to buy, in order to know his volume change you have to know the value of pie (pi). ;0
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:36:49 PM

We never used our blocks for math, but... I guess you could have. I mean, it helped more for volume than it did for math problems.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 8:51:30 AM
At 10/9/2014 11:36:49 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

We never used our blocks for math, but... I guess you could have. I mean, it helped more for volume than it did for math problems.

You can't model 156 with ten blocks and further more why do they assume I would model it as a rectangle. It is just the worst example of academia imaginable.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%