Jump to topic:

Christians Who Misunderstand Christianity

Irascible_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 12:28:38 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
During the Katrina hurricane, a Christian man in his low lying home was approached by a Parrish Deputy and told his home was in imminent danger of flooding. When the Deputy offered him a ride to shelter the man replied, "Thank you, but God will provide."

Several hours later a rescue boat approached his home, now surrounded by water. The rescuers offered him a ride to safety. The man scrambled out of sight, heading up a flight of stairs, saying that God would provide for him.

The next day a helicopter noticed a man sitting on a rooftop, which was the only portion of a house above water. Attempts by the crew of the helicopter to pluck the man from the roof were met with rebuffs. The man, alone and nowhere to go, was told rescue attempts were drawing to a close and they likely would not return. They pleaded with him to ride the helicopter to safety. He would not. "God will provide. Thank you for your concern, but it is not necessary," he said. The crew, agape and unable to speak, finally left him there.

That night, the man arrived at the seat of judgement. Our Lord opened the questioning with, "How is it you come before Me?" The man, a bit bewildered at the turn of things said, "A great flood was approaching me. I prayed for assistance from you, but now, I am here because I drowned in the flood."

Our Lord replied, "You prayed that I would provide for you. In answer, I provided you with a police officer's car, a rescue boat, and finally, a helicopter, all of which you rejected. Depart from me, you have disrespected my answers to your prayers."
Droyde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 9:54:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I find it hilarious how over 70% of Americans identify as Christians. That's 70% who believe that there is some magical divine being who is able to grant all of their wishes.
Despite the fact that science has caused much more progress than religion, that there is still extreme poverty, violence, and destruction, and that there have been no occurrences of such a being, billions of people around the world still find excuses to believe in God.
"God" did not attempt to rescue or save that man at all; people did.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 12:04:19 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/1/2016 9:54:33 PM, Droyde wrote:
I find it hilarious how over 70% of Americans identify as Christians. That's 70% who believe that there is some magical divine being who is able to grant all of their wishes.
Despite the fact that science has caused much more progress than religion, that there is still extreme poverty, violence, and destruction, and that there have been no occurrences of such a being, billions of people around the world still find excuses to believe in God.

I wonder if the same person walks out of a toilet without wiping himself thinking that God would do it for him.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 11:43:12 AM

U r nawt open minded.

I think atheists are actually LESS open mined than christians.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:49:53 PM
At 8/16/2016 11:43:12 AM, Perussi wrote:

U r nawt open minded.

Depends on the person really.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:58:07 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:49:53 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

U r nawt open minded.

Just trolling this particularly opinionated dude.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:05:32 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:58:07 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:49:53 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

U r nawt open minded.

Just trolling this particularly opinionated dude.

Oh, sorry then.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello