Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO mafia - END GAME RESULTS

Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:23:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Before I write a review of the game, I'd like to post all of the characters here. Again, congratulations to the town for the win.

There were 7 mafia players, 1 Third party, and 16 townies.

1. theLwerd

You are Korashk, one of the two "buddies." - You two can converse in a private pm during the entire game. Your conversation will not end due to one buddy's death. You win with the town.

2. Puck

You are xxDarkxx, one of the two "buddies." - You two can converse in a private pm during the entire game. Your conversation will not end due to one buddy's death. You win with the town.

3. SportsGuru

You are Cody Franklin, the "debater." Because you practice the art of being convincing, you may change one player's vote each night phase to the vote of your choosing. You win with the town.

4. belle

You are Volkov - the "bleeding heart." Because you aren't one for turning your shoulder when someone is down, you may revive one player from the dead. Choose wisely. You win with the town.

5. innomen

You are wjmelements, the "religious libertarian" - At first listen, most would believe you were an atheist. At closer inspection, you are not. You will turn up "innocent" upon investigation. You win with the mafia.

6. feverish

You are Lovelife - the "rookie." Your debating abilities have grown over the months. Your voting pattern in this game will do so as well. Every other day you live, your vote grows by 1. You win with the town.

7. mongoose

You are Mirza - the "authoritarian Muslim" - You may convert one player to the mafia's side. Your role can only be used during a night phase. Once used, it will cost you your life. You win with the mafia.

8. mattrodstrom

You are SAC8 - the "perfectionist." You are a mafia goon. You win with the mafia.

9. Alex

You are Freedo - the "confused one." Nothing you do really makes much sense. You must get yourself lynched by day phase 3. You are third party.

10. bluesteel

You are JBlake - the "historian." Once someone is gone, you start piecing together their life in order to see who did them in. You may investigate one dead player to see who snuffed them. You win with the town.

11. Zetsubou

You are Zetsubou - the "dullest crayon." No one can knock any real sense into someone who just wont listen. You have the ability to block one player's role each night. You win with the mafia.

12. LaissezFaire

You are Insertnamehere - the "insecure one." You can't seem to understand no one else is to blame for your behavior. You may frame one player a night. They will come up guilty upon investigation. You win with the mafia.

13. Cody

You are Geo - the "conspiracy theorist." Because most of what you say sounds like some sort of strange religion, you aren't seen as the atheist you really are. You come up guilty upon investigation. You win with the town.

14. mongeese

You are Kleptin, the "pharmacist." Being a DDO member with some medical knowledge, you serve as the town's doctor. You may protect one member from a kill each night. You may protect yourself. You win with the town.

15. lovelife

You are Vi_Veri, the "psychologist." Using your fine tuned abilities at reading people, you may use yourself as a lie detector to see if any particular line a player has said is a lie. You can use your ability once every night. You win with the town.

16. WJM (then converted to badger)

You are Ragnar - the "preacher" - Being a preacher of an atheist - yet objective -ethical system, you may hear the confession of any player once every night. You may choose one player each night to have a private conversation with. I will keep your identity anonymous by posting their answers in this thread (and your questions in their role thread). You may converse until the night phase is over. You win with the town.

17. darkkermit

You are Freeman, the "super atheist." Converting you will prove tough. You must be targeted successfully for a night kill TWICE in order to be killed. You win with the town.

18. tvellalott

You are GodSands - the "Christian" - You are a mafia goon. You win with the mafia.

19. Korashk

You are belle - the "libertarian chick" - Because I prefer lady cops, you have the ability to investigate one player's affiliation each night phase. You win with the town.

20. Askbob

You are philosphical - the "cheater." Using your mommy's account, you can avoid the lie detector. Everything you say comes off as true. You win with the mafia

21. Chysippus

You are PCP - the "rational theist" - Because of your inside scoop, you protect the town in a special sort of way. You may protect one player each night from all night actions - except for kills. You win with the town.

22. badger

You are Cerebral_Narc - the "religious wannabee." Because you have a strong desire to believe, you can be easily converted. You will turn mafia if you are targeted by them for a night kill. You are sided and win with the town unless this happens.

23. Koopin

You are theLwerd - the "best debater." You are bulletproof to night kills. You win with the town

24. OreEle

You are Askbob - the "rebel." Because you just don't give a f*ck, you can kill one player each night phase. You win with the town.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:28:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Why did we think of Cody has confirmed/investigated innocent if he was the miller?

2. Mafia - why did you kill me last night and not lovelife? If you would have killed her and blocked OreEle, Zetsubou would have lived for another day... Meh.

3. I'm glad I was wrong about there not being a cult.

4. Zetsubou, why did you claim twsurber when he's like a huge Evangelical Christian (or something) when everyone thought the mafia were theists?
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:30:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:28:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
1. Why did we think of Cody has confirmed/investigated innocent if he was the miller?

2. Mafia - why did you kill me last night and not lovelife? If you would have killed her and blocked OreEle, Zetsubou would have lived for another day... Meh.

3. I'm glad I was wrong about there not being a cult.

4. Zetsubou, why did you claim twsurber when he's like a huge Evangelical Christian (or something) when everyone thought the mafia were theists?


One of our many F-ups.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:34:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:30:45 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/18/2011 5:28:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
when everyone thought the mafia were theists?


One of our many F-ups.

You called that relation right away in the Mafia PM though >.<
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:35:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:30:45 PM, innomen wrote:
One of our many F-ups.

At first the mafia's misfortune seemed like bad luck, but toward the end I think there were a few mistakes.

I was thinking of claiming earlier to spare myself (I knew I wouldn't be killed if the mafia saw my role was useless; Puck and I didn't talk in the thread anymore after he died anyway) but I knew it'd be selfish since killing me essentially helped my team considering my role was pretty pointless.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:36:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:28:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
1. Why did we think of Cody has confirmed/investigated innocent if he was the miller?


Because Lovelife investigated him, not Korashk.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:36:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I actually even said in the thread that I was trying to trick the mafia into thinking my role was important hehe and I guess it worked :)
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:37:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:34:23 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/18/2011 5:30:45 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/18/2011 5:28:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
when everyone thought the mafia were theists?


One of our many F-ups.

You called that relation right away in the Mafia PM though >.<

up.. nope that was Tvellot.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:42:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Overpowered town
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 5:47:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:42:45 PM, askbob wrote:
Overpowered town

The townie-mafia ratio was 4:1 which is completely average. The mafia had a Godfather, LD GF, framer, RB and mafia converter to make it a total of 7/24 mafia (the mafia should have converted the first confirmed innocent). The problem was that the mafioso didn't live long enough to use their roles. You guys had a lot of bad luck and made some key mistakes. It seemed like the roles to me were traditional and standardly even. Also, one cool theme about this game is that there were a bunch of characters to choose from.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:01:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:47:43 PM, Danielle wrote:
The problem was that the mafioso didn't live long enough to use their roles.

Goose's death on Dayphase1 was a Gigantic blow...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:14:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 6:01:44 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/18/2011 5:47:43 PM, Danielle wrote:
The problem was that the mafioso didn't live long enough to use their roles.

Goose's death on Dayphase1 was a Gigantic blow...

It's almost as if...(puts on dark shades)...you got goosed.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:18:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:42:45 PM, askbob wrote:
Overpowered town

The mafia had plenty of players, roles, and advantage. You were just very unlucky and made a lot of mistakes.

Review of the game coming soon.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:38:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sad I didn't get to use my power. But I either couldn't tell which person the vig had killed or there was an obvious mafia player that NP, who the mafia would have chosen for that night's visit (first askbob, then innomen, then zets).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:40:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The mafias problem was that I died so early.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:56:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 5:47:43 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 2/18/2011 5:42:45 PM, askbob wrote:
Overpowered town

traditional and standardly even. Also, one cool theme about this game is that there were a bunch of characters to choose from.

The theme was great what I found overpowering was the following

2 investigative roles, a doctor, a vigilante, a reviver

I mean even with a roleblocker and framer thats still ridiculously difficult. I agree most of the reason for us losing was bad luck and personal screwups. However even with good luck and minus the screwups the mafia would still have been majorly disadvantaged by the power of the town.

With that said good game and you handedly beat us. I couldn't believe you picked up on my playing style after like 7 months LOL. You definitely got the better of me this game Lwerd.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 6:59:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also make that 3 investigative roles with one having a 99% probability of catching a mafia member. JBlake's role was unbelievably powerful
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 7:06:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 6:59:08 PM, askbob wrote:
also make that 3 investigative roles with one having a 99% probability of catching a mafia member. JBlake's role was unbelievably powerful

actually 4 investigative roles including annhasle which I think you forgot in your list of roles vi.

The roles themselves were completely genius, especially matching DDO users with roles was very very well done.

Also some interesting twists on roles such as JBlakes Role, the vote gatherer role which is rarely used and is a good one, I liked Cryspius role as a bodyguard as well.

Also it would have been a much more entertaining game if everyone had participated and Vi didn't have to replace so many players. In the future I'm going to consider players participation rate/replacement rate before allowing them to play in my games.

Thanks for modding though Vi, it's appreciated.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 7:18:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 6:56:48 PM, askbob wrote:
With that said good game and you handedly beat us. I couldn't believe you picked up on my playing style after like 7 months LOL. You definitely got the better of me this game Lwerd.

No, it was simple - you're usually really good and in this game you made a lot of mistakes (like asking stupid questions that I know you know the answer to) so it seemed you weren't acting pro-town.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 10:12:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 7:29:37 PM, Danielle wrote:
(that was compliment lol)

And did bluesteel even use his role? Eh yeah I guess we had some good roles :)

Yeah my role was pretty legit, but no I didn't use it ever. When I came into the game, there were like 3 DP's where two innocent people died. I didn't want to use my power and out the vig instead of the mafia. The last 3 NP's I couldn't use it either. Vi said in her games mafia choose who visits the player to do the NK. Last three NP's, mafia would have obviously chosen askbob, who was about to be vig killed, then innomen, who was about to be lynched, and then zets, who was about to be vig killed.

I planned on using it on tonight's kill, had we not gotten LF. My power would have actually foiled LF's plan, had he tried to claim paranoid gun owner and seem like OreEle's power backfired on him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 1:31:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 11:16:51 PM, mongeese wrote:
Yay, town win.

I think my power only actually succeeded on Night Phase 1, unless Koopin was targetted.

It was successful insofar as it scared the mafia off korashk and lovelife for most of the game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 5:36:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/19/2011 2:45:40 AM, Puck wrote:
Ooo innomen and LaissezFaire were mafia. Called it. ^^

i was only lookin' in the odd time and i'd that copped :P

oreele's a poxy stupid vig!
signature