Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 2-2 End

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 6:38:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Reasoning for end of game. Mafia got a kill assuming they were blocked it would be no lynch which would head into the night phase.

Mafia:
1. Charr - Whore
2. Freedo - Suicide Bomber
3. m93samman - Godfather

Remaining Townies:
1. MattRodstrom - JOAT - could heal, investigate or kill every night was not restricted to one-use role powers.
4. CosmicAlfonzo - Bomb
7. Thaddeus - Miller

Graveyard:
DP 1 - No Lynch
1. nonentity - townie - reviver - killed on NP 1
DP 2 - No Lynch
2. Logic_On_Rails - townie - mason recruiter - killed on NP 2
3. Atheism - townie - Bulletproof - Lynched on DP3
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 6:40:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, oops! 8/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 6:41:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mafia Thread 1 - http://www2.picturepush.com...
Mafia Thread 2 - http://www3.picturepush.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 6:42:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GG mafia..

bast@rds!

>knew i shoulda investigated cosmic! :( <
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 6:47:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/24/2011 6:41:09 PM, nonentity wrote:
I knew m93 was mafia!! I was hoping the town would avenge me :(

We were so lucky that you were the reviver lol, cuz if you brought someone back we'd be screwed. I was that close to being NK'd by matt

I give all the credit to charr
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 7:00:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rankings:

1. Charr -

*successfully ID'd that the JOAT had to be in the game or was most likely in, ID'd that mattrodstrom was most likely the JOAT long before most people claimed. Did well in leading the mafia in overall strategy. Successfully bussed his teammate out of a death, picked well in recommending kills and blocks.

2. Freedo - didn't give a whole lot of participation but largely stayed under the radar and somehow appeared (I have no idea how) innocent to the majority of the players. Recruited into the masons because of this which gave the mafia earlier knowledge of the roles which allowed them to take better guesses at blocking the JOAT.

3. Thaddeus - if you had to pick a townie to rank Thaddeus would probably be the best. He had a low activity ratio, and did equally as terrible as everyone else at guessing the mafia. However he essentially had a worthless role and much is expected when much is given and vice verca.

4. Logic_on_rails - your analysis was better than most although your choice of Freedo ultimately led to your death and hurt the town. You also basically claimed in the first day phase by saying you needed to know a confirmed townie for your role. Never out yourself so early. It only benefits the mafia. Otherwise you were better than the rest of the town.

5. m93samman - one of the worst performances i've ever seen even if you were attempting to get investigated. You were way way to blatantly obvious about it. Hinting that you were a jester is something a jester would NEVER do, at least a good jester immediately making you mafia. How you survived is beyond me.

6. mattrodstrom - had a very powerful role but was too aggressive and obvious about his role when he should have played passively and flown under the radar. He was blocked every night and had his actions occurred m93samman would have died but nothing else. He could have changed the game with his role but didn't. In terms of his perception of mafia it was pretty terrible. I mean one of the worst. Should have been apparent to everyone the last day phase to kill m93samman. I have no clue how the remaining two townies didn't do this.

7. Atheism - looking suspicious enough to be killed i comparison to what m93samman did is bad. Kept alive because you weren't viewed as a threat in terms of your analysis this game.

8. Cosmic Alfonzo - I know mafia is supposed to be light hearted and fun, but you had the potential to drastically change the game. By claiming as early as you did and as weakly as you did you gave charr the opportunity to counterclaim cop and he was believed lol. I don't know many mafia games where the mafia has the balls to do this and survives until the end. You did a horrible job of defending yourself and generally were pretty incoherent. I don't think I'll be allowing you to play in any future games if you aren't going to take the game at least semi-seriously.

Unranked due to being killed early

1. nonentity
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 9:06:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cosmic completely killed the town effort! Sure, nobody in town really played that well, but Charr was given a free go at being innocent, and was then able to claim m93's innocence successfully and have Freedo track him, making the trio far safer.

More analysis when I have time later.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 9:24:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I played terribly, but I think Charr made up for it extremely well.

In terms of mafia rankings, askbob nailed it. I was definitely the bottom, Charr first; FREEDO was more of the complying type, but he took care of business.

If you guys read the second mafia PM, go all the way near the bottom and read how Charr lol'd at matt for buying my princess claim- I thought that was the most enjoyable part of the game.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 10:00:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And nobody noticed my little exchange with m93 when he kept switching up his story.

nonentity: Why would you allude to being a third party and then claim princess, which is not third party?

m93: I wanted the mafia to think I was someone important, like mason recruiter.

nonentity: Mason recruiter isn't third party.

m93: Oh, my bad!

..

And he kept jumping all over the place, accusing people lol
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 11:49:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/24/2011 10:00:38 PM, nonentity wrote:
And nobody noticed my little exchange with m93 when he kept switching up his story.

nonentity: Why would you allude to being a third party and then claim princess, which is not third party?

m93: I wanted the mafia to think I was someone important, like mason recruiter.

nonentity: Mason recruiter isn't third party.

m93: Oh, my bad!

..

And he kept jumping all over the place, accusing people lol

I honestly thought mason recruiter was 3rd party though
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 12:21:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't realise that Mafia actually KNEW what roles town had! So why then did the Mafia think that Thad could be doctor or that there was a vig? Could somebody explain this?

As for the game, Cosmic stuffed the town up, by giving Charr a free ride. As bomb he should have still decided to counterclaim Charr and make a fight of it, at least trying to scare the Mafia into killing him. But then he made himself look like jester, and lacked analysis, effectively losing us a vote. And from this claiming battle, Charr looked clean, and with Freedo also looking clean it went well for the Mafia.

Also unlucky was that nonentity was killed first. Key. As for the town's roles, Matt's being the only true power role (JOAT was our only real good role) yet making himself appear aggressive, and hence being blocked, really nailed the town, with Charr and Freedo effectively able to take 'power' roles as the town's protectors.

Also, I know I was rather poor with my Mafia guessing, but everybody looked rather suspicious to me besides Charr and Freedo! It's when everybody's so suspicious that m93 didn't get outed that something is wrong! Basically as m93 said, he played terrible, yet Charr played very, very well, so congrats on that Charr.

Basically the town got smashed. Thad looked like a lurker, Matt was blocked, Cosmic was Cosmic, and Atheism was suspicious, this, along with non's death stuffed us up. Good Mafia playing by the Mafia.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 2:35:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I honestly thought I was supposed to claim another role for some reason

I messed up by claiming the cop role in the topic... When one, I wasn't supposed to claim there, and two, I wasn't supposed to claim a role to begin with. >.>
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 2:48:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/25/2011 2:35:19 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I honestly thought I was supposed to claim another role for some reason

I messed up by claiming the cop role in the topic... When one, I wasn't supposed to claim there, and two, I wasn't supposed to claim a role to begin with. >.>

It wasn't a bad idea Cosmic to claim cop, but you didn't pull it off well. Everybody thought you were jester, NOT Mafia! This really stuffed you up, since nobody wanted to kill you in the day phase (Mafia hammer) and the Mafia decided they had better people to kill in the NP (because nobody would kill you in the day phase) . Fighting Charr's claim, while seemingly nonsensical at the time, and also voting shadily, a part you missed unfortunately, might have made you look Mafia. It also probably didn't help that between your various disguises, which could have worked, that there was only lines of pointless text to read through. That further made you look like jester.

Another note, it was pretty bad that our JOAT was one of the people to believe m93. Still, even if he had been killed instead of Atheism it might have been an uphill battle. I think that Thad would have been next (Charr, Freedo 'roles') in the day phase, and then the game would have ended.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Necrophiliator
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 3:37:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/25/2011 12:21:05 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I didn't realise that Mafia actually KNEW what roles town had! So why then did the Mafia think that Thad could be doctor or that there was a vig? Could somebody explain this?

As for the game, Cosmic stuffed the town up, by giving Charr a free ride. As bomb he should have still decided to counterclaim Charr and make a fight of it, at least trying to scare the Mafia into killing him. But then he made himself look like jester, and lacked analysis, effectively losing us a vote. And from this claiming battle, Charr looked clean, and with Freedo also looking clean it went well for the Mafia.

Also unlucky was that nonentity was killed first. Key. As for the town's roles, Matt's being the only true power role (JOAT was our only real good role) yet making himself appear aggressive, and hence being blocked, really nailed the town, with Charr and Freedo effectively able to take 'power' roles as the town's protectors.

Also, I know I was rather poor with my Mafia guessing, but everybody looked rather suspicious to me besides Charr and Freedo! It's when everybody's so suspicious that m93 didn't get outed that something is wrong! Basically as m93 said, he played terrible, yet Charr played very, very well, so congrats on that Charr.

Basically the town got smashed. Thad looked like a lurker, Matt was blocked, Cosmic was Cosmic, and Atheism was suspicious, this, along with non's death stuffed us up. Good Mafia playing by the Mafia.

I think that mafia only knew a few roles town did not have.
Not all of the roles.
Matt slipped up when he implied that the cop role was not necessary.
He slipped up once again when he inferred the existence of JOAT with nonsensical logic.

Additionally, I disagree with some of the rankings. Contrary to common belief, I think Samman constantly improved and was playing pretty slick near the end. Additionally, as Cosmic nearly tricked mafia into killing him.
I fück corpses.
Do you?
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 4:17:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/25/2011 3:37:24 PM, Necrophiliator wrote:

I think that mafia only knew a few roles town did not have.
Not all of the roles.
Matt slipped up when he implied that the cop role was not necessary.
He slipped up once again when he inferred the existence of JOAT with nonsensical logic.

Additionally, I disagree with some of the rankings. Contrary to common belief, I think Samman constantly improved and was playing pretty slick near the end. Additionally, as Cosmic nearly tricked mafia into killing him.

m93 was playing well near the end I agree. But that's like saying a Mafia played well after he made a vital mistake (like posting in the wrong forum) , it should have been too late. Also, where would you put m93 in the rankings? Higher? He did play well at the end, and that's why he got 5.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Necrophiliator
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 4:47:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/25/2011 4:17:25 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 2/25/2011 3:37:24 PM, Necrophiliator wrote:

I think that mafia only knew a few roles town did not have.
Not all of the roles.
Matt slipped up when he implied that the cop role was not necessary.
He slipped up once again when he inferred the existence of JOAT with nonsensical logic.

Additionally, I disagree with some of the rankings. Contrary to common belief, I think Samman constantly improved and was playing pretty slick near the end. Additionally, as Cosmic nearly tricked mafia into killing him.

m93 was playing well near the end I agree. But that's like saying a Mafia played well after he made a vital mistake (like posting in the wrong forum) , it should have been too late. Also, where would you put m93 in the rankings? Higher? He did play well at the end, and that's why he got 5.

AAA I DON'T KNOW?!?!?!?
DO I LOOK LIKE A FüCKING DETECTIVE?
I DID NOT EVON PLAY DIS GAME.
I fück corpses.
Do you?