Total Posts:153|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 2-3 - Fairytale Mafia - DP 1

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 1:58:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Explanation of the Game:

http://ddomafia.com...

Rules:

1. You may not screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.

2. You may not be inactive for an entire day phase, otherwise you will be replaced

3. You must ask all private questions in your role pm.

4. You must vote for a person in bold Example: "Vote john"

5. You may unvote at any time in bold

6. Once a majority of votes has been obtained on a player in the day phase, or the mafia have selected him to be killed at night, the player will be lynched (removed from the game) and may not post in any of the threads or pms. The person is out of the game.

7. Townies may be considered for replacements

8. Please ask me unlimited amounts of questions via pms.

9. You may not communicate with anyone about this game in Private Messages unless I have created the Private Message and am a part of the private message. If anyone else is doing this, it is cheating. Report them immediately.

10. Please be active and post.

11. You may vote for a "No-Lynch" in bold. If there is a majority the game will proceed to the night phase.

Classic Mafia PM

In this thread you discuss your strategy for surviving the day phase, helping out teammates when they are in sticky situations or made an error in judgement.

Remember you do not want to be discovered and killed but want the others to lynch themselves.

At night both of you will have to mutually decide upon a player to kill. It's always the wisest in non-role games to pick the player who is most dangerous to you. Beware though that your choice doesn't indicate who you are. Also beware that your votes don't look organized (one coming right after the other, always agreeing on things, defending each other to no end)

Remember if one dies but the other survives until the end, you still win so be careful that if someone makes a huge blunder the other doesn't go down with the ship.

Some things in mafia games that typically identify mafia:

Lurking - being online without posting in the day phase is always a good sign that the player might be mafia. Sometimes inactivity (not posting much) helps the mafia because it keeps suspicion off of them. However it can also draw suspicion towards you. Be careful with every post.

Accusations - Someone made a stupid mistake so you should capitalize on it and get that person lynched! Not always a good idea because if everyone else realizes that it was just a mistake they might get suspicious of you for pressuring everyone to lynch someone who just made an obvious error.

Lying - self explanatory

Bandwagoning - A player gets one vote then both mafia members vote for the person so now he has three votes and is one away from being lynched.

Hammering - Being the one to kill the enemy especially if there's no real reason to do so. Get in before the end and allow someone else to make the final decision.

Voting without a reason - Make sure you don't just randomly vote for someone without saying anything. Make your vote then explain why you are voting that way. Have a reason for everything you do and make sure the reason makes sense. This allows you to appear as a legit townie.

Saying you are mafia - as stupid as it sounds sometimes people admit it before they are lynched. Also after you are lynched share no information because you could be hurting your teammate.

Agreeing on everything - disagree and disagree on the forum so everyone can see you disagree. Don't ever appear to always agree with each other. Convince each other of things on the forums.

Also on Voting without a reason - you can vote on someone randomly in the beginning just say "to start out the game" "to get the ball rolling" You can even make a joke of it at first. Just beware of doing it after the beginning. You will be found out as mafia. So again have a reason even if that reason is "just a random choice using a random number generator"

in role games it's best to pick the player who is the biggest threat to your team based first upon the role then upon players skill.

You can choose to post a lot, you can choose to post very little. Take advice from above ^^ for how not to be caught as a mafia member. And basically you want the townies to lynch themselves. That's your primary goal. The townies think you are all townies.

I think that a tip for anyone that is not sure about how to be a good mafia player (a member of the mafia), is that you have to play as if you are town. If one of your mafia brothers says something that would raise suspicion to you if you were town, then you need to poke and prod at it as if you were town.

1. There is never a rule based on past games:

"Askbob never did X in past games therefore he won't do it in this game"

I am apt to do whatever I please. Only the rules are for certain

2. No mafia game will give you the number of mafia, only in beginner games will this sometimes happen.

3. mafia will never be given advice, this is done by me for beginners

4. I will give advice just not game information

5. Only give your role action in a pm only ask questions to me in a pm

6. Remember that there are mafia members who are actively lying, don't bandwagon and do have independent thoughts

7. If you are mafia, act like a townie

Active Players:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. timbeech
3.Mattrodstrom
4. M.Torres
5. FREEDO
6. OreEle
7. bluesteel
8. tvellalott
9. Atheism
10. m93samman
11. CosmicAlfonzo
12. Grape
13. InsertNameHere
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 2:01:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Roles slowly being sent out now
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 2:23:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 2:18:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Do we get to know all the roles?

no that is only in the 2nd beginner game. The third beginner game is simulated not so beginners understand all the possible roles, but so they become acquainted with experienced players, learn strategies, and get the feel of a real game.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 2:24:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
all role pms have been sent
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 2:34:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wandom pwessuwe to begin with...
VOTE Gwape
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 2:40:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well this is entertaining. There's certainly some interesting roles to be had in this game. Just to get something going, nothing personal, but:

VTL Grape
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 3:11:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 2:47:10 AM, Atheism wrote:
You realize he isn't even on right now, yes?

It was random. :/
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 8:15:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

Grape - (3/7) - tvellalot, Logic_on_rails, Freedo
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:11:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think that's enough pressure for now.

I win with the town, but the cop will find out otherwise on investigation. All I "have" is a cat... and no formal role powers. My cat doesn't even do anything. I'm the miller, and if investigated I won't appear innocent.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:15:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 3:11:33 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/28/2011 2:47:10 AM, Atheism wrote:
You realize he isn't even on right now, yes?

It was random. :/

Says you.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:16:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:11:19 AM, m93samman wrote:
I think that's enough pressure for now.

I win with the town, but the cop will find out otherwise on investigation. All I "have" is a cat... and no formal role powers. My cat doesn't even do anything. I'm the miller, and if investigated I won't appear innocent.

Funny, considering your profile pic. :)
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:47:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 10:18:00 AM, timbeech wrote:
So what fairytale has a cat? I can think of kittens but no cat unless its mother cat.

I can only think of puss and boots from Shrek, not even sure how the original story went.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:51:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
meow
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:52:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Puss in Boots was one of my favorite stories as a wee kid.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:54:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What makes anyone think the cat has any significance if it does nothing though?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:59:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 10:54:25 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
What makes anyone think the cat has any significance if it does nothing though?

I don't know, M93 said that he has a cat. I wouldn't think that he would say it unless it meant something to someone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:03:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:11:19 AM, m93samman wrote:
I think that's enough pressure for now.

I win with the town, but the cop will find out otherwise on investigation. All I "have" is a cat... and no formal role powers. My cat doesn't even do anything. I'm the miller, and if investigated I won't appear innocent.

Not meaning to be a party pooper, but miller is sometimes claimed by mafia, since it appears guilty under investigation. So that makes me think that you might be mafia trying to cover yourself.

However, I don't see why you (if you were mafia) would come right out right away and risk a counter claim. So that makes me think that you are town.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:25:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 10:59:16 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 10:54:25 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
What makes anyone think the cat has any significance if it does nothing though?

I don't know, M93 said that he has a cat. I wouldn't think that he would say it unless it meant something to someone.

I was about to say there might be an assassin role that is allergic to cats, but that doesn't make any sense if we don't know the roles.

Oh wait, I just said it... nevermind...

At 2/28/2011 11:03:11 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:11:19 AM, m93samman wrote:
I think that's enough pressure for now.

I win with the town, but the cop will find out otherwise on investigation. All I "have" is a cat... and no formal role powers. My cat doesn't even do anything. I'm the miller, and if investigated I won't appear innocent.

Not meaning to be a party pooper, but miller is sometimes claimed by mafia, since it appears guilty under investigation. So that makes me think that you might be mafia trying to cover yourself.

However, I don't see why you (if you were mafia) would come right out right away and risk a counter claim. So that makes me think that you are town.

I am the miller, hang the bastard!

..No, not really..
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:27:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:03:11 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:11:19 AM, m93samman wrote:
I think that's enough pressure for now.

I win with the town, but the cop will find out otherwise on investigation. All I "have" is a cat... and no formal role powers. My cat doesn't even do anything. I'm the miller, and if investigated I won't appear innocent.

Not meaning to be a party pooper, but miller is sometimes claimed by mafia, since it appears guilty under investigation. So that makes me think that you might be mafia trying to cover yourself.

However, I don't see why you (if you were mafia) would come right out right away and risk a counter claim. So that makes me think that you are town.

I skimmed the beginner game as it was going on to see some of these guys' playing styles. He claimed beloved princess really early, then JESTER, when he was mafia godfather. Seriously, it happened, and he wasn't lynched...

Who claims miller without character claiming?

VTL m93samman for character claim
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:29:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, VTL cosmic for character claim. He's a huge liability to whatever team he plays on. If he's mafia, he's bound to mess this up.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:31:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

Grape - (3/7) - tvellalot, Logic_on_rails, Freedo

m93samman - (2/7) - bluesteel, timbeech
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:31:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:29:32 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Also, VTL cosmic for character claim. He's a huge liability to whatever team he plays on. If he's mafia, he's bound to mess this up.

You know, pressuring people to give their roles is a bad idea, especially when their role is best kept private.

What if I was a bomb or something?

I didn't make a character claim at all, I don't know what you are talking about. I claimed to be the miller, and that was obviously in jest.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:34:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In fact for that very reason, and the fact that I don't like your face.

VTL bluesteel
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:36:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:31:56 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:29:32 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Also, VTL cosmic for character claim. He's a huge liability to whatever team he plays on. If he's mafia, he's bound to mess this up.

You know, pressuring people to give their roles is a bad idea, especially when their role is best kept private.

I'm asking for your character, not role.

What if I was a bomb or something?

I didn't make a character claim at all, I don't know what you are talking about. I claimed to be the miller, and that was obviously in jest.

I know. After we pressure m93, I want to make you claim. It seems you seriously screwed up last game and screwed over the town. I'm betting if you're mafia, you'll screw this up too.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:44:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

Grape - (3/7) - tvellalot, Logic_on_rails, Freedo

m93samman - (2/7) - bluesteel, timbeech

bluesteel - (1/7) - CosmicAlfonzo
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos